easyeddie

TB Dots

14 posts in this topic

My fiancé and her son finished their medical exam yesterday.

My fiancé was given her envelope and CD and does not have TB.

However, her son was shown to have TB dots from his blood test but the X-ray showed no signs of TB and he does not need medication. The doctor said he was only exposed to TB.

The Doctor submitted the K2’s medical information electronically to the embassy.

Will the embassy require further testing of the K2? Will this cause further delays?

Please advise.

24 minutes ago, easyeddie said:

However, her son was shown to have TB dots from his blood test but the X-ray showed no signs of TB and he does not need medication. The doctor said he was only exposed to TB.

The Doctor submitted the K2’s medical information electronically to the embassy.

Will the embassy require further testing of the K2? Will this cause further delays?

Please advise.

They wouldn't transmit the medical unless he had been cleared 

51 minutes ago, easyeddie said:

Will the embassy require further testing of the K2?

The SLEC staff would have given your fiancee and her son specific instructions about further TB testing if any was required for the K2 child.  If no such instructions were given and the K2 child was allowed to proceed with immunization, then it looks like the K2 child cleared the medical.

37 minutes ago, Chancy said:

The SLEC staff would have given your fiancee and her son specific instructions about further TB testing if any was required for the K2 child.  If no such instructions were given and the K2 child was allowed to proceed with immunization, then it looks like the K2 child cleared the medical.

They wouldn’t give him immunization bc he has a bad cold but said we can get them when he arrives in the USA 

26 minutes ago, easyeddie said:

Can you explain further?

Because the K2 child did not complete immunizations at SLEC, he will be required to get vaccinated and possibly undergo another medical by a civil surgeon in the US, to apply for a green card.  At the US medical, he will have to repeat the IGRA test, which will likely show TB exposure.  I have no idea what the civil surgeon will recommend for a child with TB exposure.  It's possible that the civil surgeon will not sign an I-693 form for the child until he completes a 12-week preventive treatment for TB infection.

You may be able to avoid another full medical in the US for the child by searching for a civil surgeon who will agree to do only the immunizations part of the I-693.  Finding a civil surgeon willing to do that could be a challenge.

18 hours ago, easyeddie said:

Please advise.

So, do they have the IGRA tests now for children?

On 11/16/2023 at 12:47 PM, Chancy said:

Because the K2 child did not complete immunizations at SLEC, he will be required to get vaccinated and possibly undergo another medical by a civil surgeon in the US, to apply for a green card.  At the US medical, he will have to repeat the IGRA test, which will likely show TB exposure.  I have no idea what the civil surgeon will recommend for a child with TB exposure.  It's possible that the civil surgeon will not sign an I-693 form for the child until he completes a 12-week preventive treatment for TB infection.

You may be able to avoid another full medical in the US for the child by searching for a civil surgeon who will agree to do only the immunizations part of the I-693.  Finding a civil surgeon willing to do that could be a challenge.

Can the K2 get the vaccines in the Philippines before they come to the USA?

As stated above the K2 wasn’t able to receive the vaccines at the medical because he was sick.

If so, how would this work?

On 11/18/2023 at 7:01 PM, easyeddie said:

Can the K2 get the vaccines in the Philippines before they come to the USA?

To avoid having to repeat the medical in the US, the child would need an updated DS-3025 or DS-7794 indicating that the required vaccinations have been completed.  Call SLEC and ask if they would allow the child to complete vaccinations there and if they would issue an updated DS-3025/DS-7794, as mentioned above.  I suspect they won't, or they might require full payment for another medical, but it won't hurt to ask nicely first.

If SLEC will not update the DS-3025/DS-7794, I suggest just getting the child vaccinated in the US and looking for a civil surgeon who will agree to transcribe the immunizations onto the I-693 without requiring a full medical.  Check here for USCIS-accredited civil surgeons -- https://www.uscis.gov/tools/find-a-civil-surgeon

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Other Timeline

civil surgeon will send the child with a + QFT and normal CXR to health department for latent TB treatment. 

I used to to work with the health department and we took care of Class B immigrants and change of status 

Edited by minions2

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.