Mzk279

Clarification abt immigration entry (Merged Threads)

41 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Mzk279 said:

even if it does a lot of people have different conversations. don't think everything is recorded except ofcourse its a security issue or some passport related issue. cbp is required to ascertain if ur eligible to pass and enter. i guess once they r confident they let u in. i am guessing inspite of my conversation i should be ok since i did exit on time in 2 weeks. plus i have a stable job in my country to. prove ties. 

I don’t think it will be an issue at all but I don’t know why you think they won’t make notes on your conversation.  I’ve had several comments about info I’ve given previously when entering i.e. ‘are you back to speak at another conference?’ Etc. So it’s obvious that a brief comment I’ve made has been noted for future entries. 

not sure abt the nature of the conversation recorded. it depends i guess. if ur on a tourist visa and arrive here fr a conference it might be worth noting. i just got paranoid abt my conversation abt MIT. well he did ask me if i wanted to study and i said no n i was let in with an additional comment by him. to try. mayb he wanted me to go back home n apply. i heard a lot of ppl. come in on tourist visa to. check Universities n colleges n go back home n come back. on student visas. so its not something to be flagged about i guess

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
8 hours ago, Mzk279 said:

i  m a little worried right now. checking on google bard and chtgpt is also confusing. hope i wasn't flagged or anything for saying that. from what i gathered doesn't seem like flagging. but if i was flagged it wud affect my renewal 

I seriously would not rely on a LLM AI for any sort of factual information - if you give them paranoid prompts you may well get paranoid answers... As others have stated, you're completely overthinking this. Your history of responsible visa use without overstays carries a lot of weight.

13 hours ago, Mzk279 said:

not sure abt the nature of the conversation recorded. it depends i guess. if ur on a tourist visa and arrive here fr a conference it might be worth noting. i just got paranoid abt my conversation abt MIT. well he did ask me if i wanted to study and i said no n i was let in with an additional comment by him. to try. mayb he wanted me to go back home n apply. i heard a lot of ppl. come in on tourist visa to. check Universities n colleges n go back home n come back. on student visas. so its not something to be flagged about i guess

Attending a conference is permitted under a tourist visa or the VWP, just as visiting to check out colleges is. There’s no difference. 

I think you’re missing the point. I wouldn’t be surprised if your conversation has been noted down, just as mine have been on entry each time. But I don’t see why you think it’s a problem, you are overthinking it. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

***One noncontributory comment removed.  Please keep replies on-track***

- VJ Moderation

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

On 11/4/2023 at 4:50 AM, Mzk279 said:

i recently traveled to new jersey. this is my second trip on my ten year visa. so at the immigration i. got asked a few questions about why i was here, my work life back home in Bahrain, etc (i am an indian citizen by the way). so when i was asked abt my travel plans i sort of said i always wanted to study at MIT but i couldn't get in so i finished my software engineering in india and now i wanted to see the place. he asked me if i wanted to study or get an admission to which i denied and said its not possible. he handed over my passport and before i left he said i shud try. i exited the country 2 weeks later. 

i have been thinking abt it ever since if he entered something or flagged me in the system that would show up at the US embassy here. will it be an issue when i apply for renewal? or am i just overthinking? 

This was an American just making conversation with you.  You are reading way too much into it.

23 hours ago, Mzk279 said:

1)  He was making conversation.  He doesn't care whether you apply to MIT.

2) If you want to attend MIT or other university in the US, you need an F1, NOT a B visa.

3) If you truly just want to visit for tourism purposes, why are you so anxious and posting the same questions over an over, and why fixate on the conversation with CBP?

14 hours ago, Mzk279 said:

as long as i exited on time i shud be good i guess

If MIT is your goal, you may want to write using proper spelling, grammar and syntax.  The shorthand ("ur", "n" for and etc) you use in your posts is not typically used by adults in the United States.

thanks everyone for your feedback. my goal was MIT once upon a time. not anymore. its funny when you think of it that there's nothing in the first place. a plain conversation led to so much paranoia. if there were issues my entry would be questioned further or denied. i guess my travel history to other place's mattered too. i seemed like a genuine tourist. 

Edited by Mzk279

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.