waitformenow

US embassy in Jerusalem still doing CR1 interviews?

12 posts in this topic

Is the US Embassy in Jerusalem still doing CR1 visa interviews at this time? I’m just wondering if they put them on hold due to the current situation there.

55 minutes ago, waitformenow said:

Is the US Embassy in Jerusalem still doing CR1 visa interviews at this time? I’m just wondering if they put them on hold due to the current situation there.

Have you checked the website for the consulate?  

They have been evacuating diplomatic staff, but it is a volatile situation.  If it isn't safe for staff, there will be no interviews.

4 hours ago, jan22 said:

Per the Embassy's website (https://il.usembassy.gov/visas/) they are not offering any visa services, immigrant or non-immigrant.

Yes, I saw that. But does that definitely include the interviews?

Filed: Timeline
11 hours ago, waitformenow said:

Yes -- the visa interview is part of visa services.  In fact, it is probably the most important visa service.

There is no way the Embassy would want to have groups of people -- both applicants and Embassy staff -- making their way through possibly unsafe streets/roads and ultimately gathering in one spot to be interviewed.

Edited by jan22

On 10/25/2023 at 6:22 PM, waitformenow said:

Obviously.   

• 2 months later...
25 minutes ago, Mahmoud.Shatha said:

Have you heard back from the Jerusalem embassy yet? 

Yes, my wife did her interview this month.

1 hour ago, Mahmoud.Shatha said:

Congrats! How long she had to wait to get the interview date after dq'd? 

Thanks, we’re still waiting for final approval because they needed an extra paper (non-conviction paper from West Bank since my wife studied there).

DQ was back in Aug, so about 5 month wait due to the situation in Oct. However, it is usually a lot quicker than that.

20 hours ago, waitformenow said:

Thanks, we’re still waiting for final approval because they needed an extra paper (non-conviction paper from West Bank since my wife studied there).

DQ was back in Aug, so about 5 month wait due to the situation in Oct. However, it is usually a lot quicker than that.

Thanks for the response! Hopefully you get the interview soon!

The non-conviction certificate is givin to you on the spot if your wife goes to the ministry of justice office in her city, but the certificate of good conduct from the ministry of interior might take up to two weeks. At least that was my experience as a Palestinian.

We just got dq and haven't been able to find the timeline for the interview from other applicants. Hopefully it doesn't take long.

Good luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.