Ana.M

Upcoming interview IR5 Almaty

68 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello,

Does anyone have recent experience parents interview in Almaty ?  How fast can you get passport with visa if it's approved? My mother is having her interview in Almaty Nov 2 and Im meeting her there to help out and bring originals. I want to book tickets back ahead but not sure how long it will take for passport to be ready.

Appreciate any tips about interview.

Thank you!

23 minutes ago, Ana.M said:

Hello,

Does anyone have recent experience parents interview in Almaty ?  How fast can you get passport with visa if it's approved? My mother is having her interview in Almaty Nov 2 and Im meeting her there to help out and bring originals. I want to book tickets back ahead but not sure how long it will take for passport to be ready.

Thank you!

It is strongly advised that you do not book tickets, sell property, ship belongings etc before having the visa in hand.   Countless VJ members have learned this the hard way.

Timeline

I agree, don’t book return tickets too soon after the interview as you never know how it will go.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

39 minutes ago, Ana.M said:

Hello,

Thank you!

Hey Ana, my mom’s interview is on 10/24 in Almaty and I’ll let you know. The other two people I’ve been talking to got their passports back on the second day after the interview. 

Just now, Ineska said:

Hey Ana, my mom’s interview is on 10/24 in Almaty and I’ll let you know. The other two people I’ve been talking to got their passports back on the second day after the interview. 

I know it doesnt help you at all, but we booked a return ticket on day 5 after visa apt just to be sure…good luck to you guys as well!

43 minutes ago, Ana.M said:

Hello,

Thank you!

Some of us have been exchanging the latest on Almaty experience in this thread- “Medical Exam in Almaty”

Timeline
50 minutes ago, Ineska said:

Thanks a lot!! Looking forward to hear your experience !

Filed: IR-5 Country: Russia
Timeline

Ladies, quick question. How do you get original documents to your parents, if you're not flying over to assist them? Is there a way to get the originals directly to the Consulate? 

Hi all- wanted to share our update on our IR-5 interview in Almaty on 10/24/23.

Everything went smooth just like many peopelle posted here. Med exam was on 10/16/23 ( others in line did it a day before the interview, we chose to do it a week earlier). 

Interview was on 10/24/23. It took 2.5 hours with all the logistics but the actual apt was 2 min. We had all the docs and were asked for some of the originals. There were many people in line who were not getting approved due to the lack of the original documents. 

We got a notification 5 hours later that the passport was ready with visa at the pick up location.

Hope this helps and good luck to you all! 

On 10/16/2023 at 7:09 PM, October 2022 said:

Ladies, quick question. How do you get original documents to your parents, if you're not flying over to assist them? Is there a way to get the originals directly to the Consulate? 

I met my mom in Istanbul to give her all the orginals. They did ask for it at the apt.

Timeline
5 hours ago, Ineska said:

Hi all- wanted to share our update on our IR-5 interview in Almaty on 10/24/23.

Everything went smooth just like many peopelle posted here. Med exam was on 10/16/23 ( others in line did it a day before the interview, we chose to do it a week earlier). 

Interview was on 10/24/23. It took 2.5 hours with all the logistics but the actual apt was 2 min. We had all the docs and were asked for some of the originals. There were many people in line who were not getting approved due to the lack of the original documents. 

We got a notification 5 hours later that the passport was ready with visa at the pick up location.

Hope this helps and good luck to you all! 

I met my mom in Istanbul to give her all the orginals. They did ask for it at the apt.

Congratulations!!! Thank you so much for sharing! Must be a relief to be finally done with it.

My mom did get her medical last week, the same week before interview.

Did they ask your mom any questions at all ? Or just asked for originals?

Also, did you notarize the translations of originals?

Thank you for all your help and info!

1 hour ago, Ana.M said:

Congratulations!!! Thank you so much for sharing! Must be a relief to be finally done with it.

My mom did get her medical last week, the same week before interview.

Did they ask your mom any questions at all ? Or just asked for originals?

Also, did you notarize the translations of originals?

Thank you for all your help and info!

Hey @Ana.M-  thank you! :)

I stand corrected, my mom said they asked for all of the originals of birth /marriage/death certificates, spravki o ne sodimosti (we had two from two different countries), translations of everything ( I did have them notarized and certified per the website guidance).

Questions were: how did I get to the US? Where would she be living? And then said her visa was approved.

Mom said there were  lot of people that were not getting approved as they were missing one or more docs.

I am sure everything will go well for you guys next week! Good luck! :) Please post an update, keeping fingers crossed for you!

Timeline
2 hours ago, Ineska said:

Hey @Ana.M-  thank you! :)

I stand corrected, my mom said they asked for all of the originals of birth /marriage/death certificates, spravki o ne sodimosti (we had two from two different countries), translations of everything ( I did have them notarized and certified per the website guidance).

Questions were: how did I get to the US? Where would she be living? And then said her visa was approved.

Mom said there were  lot of people that were not getting approved as they were missing one or more docs.

I am sure everything will go well for you guys next week! Good luck! :) Please post an update, keeping fingers crossed for you!

Wow sounds like easy peasy lol. Since I am bringing her all originals I don’t think there would be any problems, although I didn’t notarize, popped out of my head 😅 

where did you guys notarize it all? US or Russia? We still have time to do it I think.

Thank you so much for all your answers!

I’m sure will post how it will went 

1 hour ago, Ana.M said:

Wow sounds like easy peasy lol. Since I am bringing her all originals I don’t think there would be any problems, although I didn’t notarize, popped out of my head 😅 

where did you guys notarize it all? US or Russia? We still have time to do it I think.

Thank you so much for all your answers!

I’m sure will post how it will went 

Of course! Glad someone started this blog, it was helpful for us too.

We actually had a mix of translations between US, Russia and KZ (Astana, but I am sure Almaty will have plenty options as well). You have plenty of time yet :)

Timeline
31 minutes ago, Ineska said:

Of course! Glad someone started this blog, it was helpful for us too.

We actually had a mix of translations between US, Russia and KZ (Astana, but I am sure Almaty will have plenty options as well). You have plenty of time yet :)

Got it! Thank you so much!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.