manyfudge

EB3 for Factory worker (split)

16 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, manyfudge said:

People are always asking how to find EB3 employers w/o a uni degree.

Was it someone who had employed you in the UK or Canada?

Or an agency?

Hi I don’t have a university degree , I wish I did 🙂

Edited by Kate8kate0

12 minutes ago, manyfudge said:

She should stay until she has the biometrics.

Was your EB3 sponsor a former employer in the UK or Canada or did you find them through an agency?

Or a personal connection?

It is rare to hear of an EB3 beneficiary describe herself as a “factory worker”?

Why is it rare to hear an eb3 beneficiary describe herself/himself as a factory worker? What are the descriptions for Eb3?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Kate8kate0 said:

Why is it rare to hear an eb3 beneficiary describe herself/himself as a factory worker? What are the descriptions for Eb3?

EB-3 ia expensive for an employer, and generally an employers tend to sponsor only highly paid and skilled workers  like nurses, engineers, etc.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Kate8kate0 said:

What!? How could I get through this via a personal connection! This has gone from good to crazy way too quick

Except for my first job, all my jobs have been through personal connections.

What you achieved is lightning in a bottle. 

Not a week goes by without a foreign laborer asking how to get a green card. And invariably that person is told: forget about it.

4 minutes ago, Mike E said:

EB-3 ia expensive for an employer, and generally an employers tend to sponsor only highly paid and skilled workers  like nurses, engineers, etc.

Eb3 is not expensive for an employer, there are strict rules, I currently work 15 hours as a day and get minimal wage, so my new job is 8 hours a day, yes relief! To be able to get home at 4/5pm every night? 😩 bliss.

1 minute ago, Mike E said:

Except for my first job, all my jobs have been through personal connections.

What you achieved is lightning in a bottle. 

Not a week goes by without a foreign laborer asking how to get a green card. And invariably that person is told: forget about it.

I don’t know what you mean about ‘except for my first job, all my jobs have been through personal connections’ and

‘lightning in a bottle’ please clarify, 

Any foreign labourer asking how to ‘get a green card’ -it won’t work, you have to show you are willing to do the job, that is paramount. I’m aware of people trying to defraud the system but uscis is cracking down on them hard. And that’s good.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Kate8kate0 said:

Eb3 is not expensive for an employer

The legal bills alone run in the tens of thousands of dollars. The cost of EB is so high most employers balk at the cost, even when they paying out $200K salaries.

15 minutes ago, Kate8kate0 said:

rules, I currently work 15 hours as a day and get minimal wage, so my new job is 8 hours a day

And the new job is also minimum wage? 

16 minutes ago, Kate8kate0 said:

don’t know what you mean about ‘except for my first job, all my jobs have been through personal connections’

I mean but for my first job out of university, every job was because I knew someone who worked there.

18 minutes ago, Kate8kate0 said:

lightning in a bottle

American expression. https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/lightning_in_a_bottle

24 minutes ago, Kate8kate0 said:

you have to show you are willing to do the job, that is paramount.

So you found a factory position that the department of labor determined there is a shortage of workers for. And that is surprising. 

Does your work involve hazards like working with radioactive or poisonous materials? Say a rocket fuel plant or a bio waste processor?

24 minutes ago, Kate8kate0 said:

I’m aware of people trying to defraud the system but uscis is cracking down on them hard. And that’s good.

No one here is suggesting there was fraud. Personally I an fascinated, and that is all.

12 hours ago, Kate8kate0 said:

eb3 beneficiary describe herself/himself as a factory worker?

12 hours ago, Kate8kate0 said:

a factory worker? What are the descriptions for Eb3?

It’s not about the official description because the official USCIS description states

skilled worker, professional, or other worker.”

I am just curious.  On Reddit, there are many people desirous of immigrating to the US who say they are not skilled university trained professionals but a standard response is that it is “impossible” to find an EB3 sponsor for jobs such as factory worker, butcher, day care worker, etc.

The reason being that prospective employers have to perform the PERM process which includes placing ads in the paper for a period of time.  Then hiring a lawyer and waiting.  And economics.  The costs of recruiting such a worker would be easily 20% of the wages and make it uneconomical.  As opposed to sponsoring a highly paid professional.

Even with uni-trained professionals, most employers would not sponsor someone who had not worked for them before.  Our company (by that I mean I am a co-founder) has sponsored EB3 professionals only because they are already employed by us - typically on an H1B visa (have to have some post HS diploma or degree) or employed abroad by us.  It is economically worthwhile because they are typically paid well over $100,000 and if we had to replace someone, it would cost $15,000 with a recruiter.  Moreover, it would cost a loss in productivity as the new employee has to learn the business.  For all these reasons, we are happy to pay the $5000+ cost of sponsoring an EB2/3 worker.  And there is no wait either as this person already an employee.  We would not do this for someone not already working for us because we could not wait 2+ years.  So I didn’t think it was so unusual to ask you if you were already employed by your sponsor in the UK or Canada.

I am very sincere in my desire to understand if there is a niche industry that sponsors EB3 factory workers because I could then honestly say that there are a few industries that would sponsor factory workers.

I suggested “personal connections” because I can visualize a situation where I started a widget factory in America and the only widget machine operators I knew were my friends or acquaintances back home.

I would then sponsor them with EB3 visas.

13 hours ago, Kate8kate0 said:

currently work 15 hours as a day and get minimal wage, so my new job is 8 hours a day, yes

Right. Another reason why many employers do not do sponsor green cards.  Once here, green card holder is free to quit.

We sponsor our employees who ask to be sponsored, if they have good reviews.  It’s more of a retention tool -  because we know they can quit day 1 of job.  If we don’t sponsor them (when the market is good), then we lose them for the next 2+ years.

@Mike E, funny to read your posts because I hadn’t read them before posting. What you said.  100%.   My first one out of uni, was through personal connections.  

@Kate8kate0, just to make it simple - how did you find an employer to sponsor EB3?

1) Was it through internet search?

2) was your sponsor an agency?

3) if your sponsor was an agency, did you pay them anything?

4) if agency, are you able to say what industry? Car manufacturer, for example?

I know that nurses often get green cards through agencies.

Hi manyfudge, 

Sorry I haven’t stopped all day and I don’t until 10pm tonight, honestly I don’t know, all I know is that something has changed since 2019, yes I was denied but my case was reaffirmed, things have changed, things that you don’t read on forums, employees are not allowed to quit after one day in the job or three months etc in the job anymore,, they have to now commit to the job, otherwise when they come to apply for citizenship US C.I.S. are looking very deeply into this now and will revoke your greencard card if seen to do this. 

I’m so sorry but I am trying to catch little snippets out of my day to organise what I am trying to do with this thread, but it’s gone way off topic and I was really needing and relying on as many people’s input. I may need to start a new thread. I’m so sorry I don’t have any time or the knowledge to go into this, I am constantly being interrupted during my day and have only really been able to scan read what you have said. 

Also, it’s up to other peoples due diligence to work out how they would like to navigate to EB3, I just don’t feel comfortable discussing my case either before I have started work. 

I believe EB3 skilled is harder as they’re maybe enough Americans skilled and willing to do the job, especially if said company is not in a rural area. 

I hope you understand

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.