Strake

Timeline for Biometrics (K1 Sponsor Criminal Record)

9 posts in this topic

I am sponsoring my fiancé and our I-129F went into processing on October 18, 2022. I have a non-Adam Walsh criminal conviction from 2008. I introduced evidence of complete rehabilitation including a commendation from a US Senator. I am wondering at what point USCIS will require me to come in for biometrics? As I understand it, there is a good chance that we are within a 4-6 month window of potential approval. Does anyone know if we both go for biometrics at the same time? I’m under the impression I will have to do it before they will approve anything? Can anyone help on this topic please?

43 minutes ago, Strake said:

I am sponsoring my fiancé and our I-129F went into processing on October 18, 2022. I have a non-Adam Walsh criminal conviction from 2008. I introduced evidence of complete rehabilitation including a commendation from a US Senator. I am wondering at what point USCIS will require me to come in for biometrics? As I understand it, there is a good chance that we are within a 4-6 month window of potential approval. Does anyone know if we both go for biometrics at the same time? I’m under the impression I will have to do it before they will approve anything? Can anyone help on this topic please?

How could you both go for biometrics at the same time?   Isn’t the beneficiary in her own country?

Petitioners are very rarely required to do biometrics, so there won’t be a lot of first hand experience here at VJ.

You just have to wait for any communication from USCIS as to when/if biometrics will be required.

Thank you for your swift response. My fiancé is in Nigeria and I am in the US. It is my understanding that because of a criminal conviction in the US Citizen’s past (myself) it is always the case that I will get biometrics taken (in the US) as well. Obviously not at the same time, but most likely prior to my fiancé in Nigeria. Does anyone have helpful information on this now that it is a bit more clear?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline

End to end K-1 cases take over 600 days. Yours will take longer.

How many days have to met your fiancé in person to date?

8 hours ago, Strake said:

Thank you for your swift response. My fiancé is in Nigeria and I am in the US. It is my understanding that because of a criminal conviction in the US Citizen’s past (myself) it is always the case that I will get biometrics taken (in the US) as well. Obviously not at the same time, but most likely prior to my fiancé in Nigeria. Does anyone have helpful information on this now that it is a bit more clear?

In the almost two decades of being on this site, i have only read of a small handful of times where a USC is required to provide biometrics.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Our case was transfered to VSC and we don't have any AWA related crime nor regular crime so my fiance received a biometrics appointment in August, aprox 6 months after we submitted our case. We believe it's because he shares name with some people that are Tier 2 criminals. Other than that we have no more information, so if you don't have any AWA related crime and your case is still in CSC then I guess it will be processed accordingly.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
On 9/28/2023 at 7:34 PM, Strake said:

Mike E thanks for your question. We last saw each other in Nigeria February of 2023. NOA1 October 2022.

It is good you met again after noa1. Keep meeting until the K-1 visa is issued

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.