okspider

Going Back to Denmark Question

14 posts in this topic

I first went to Denmark March 28, 2007. I stayed until June 21, 2007. I want to go back again this year. I can go back LEGALLY in the beginning of October and stay 3 more months right?

Visa Journey

04/20/2007 | I-129F Filed

03/15/2008 |Married!

AOS JOURNEY

04/25/2008 | AOS Filed/EAD Filed

09/11/2008 | Green Card Received *Sighs Relief*

03/15/2009| Happy 1 year wedding anniversary!

03/15/2010| Happy 2 years!

Removing Restrictions:

07/14/2010 | Biometrics for I-751

09/10/2010 | RFE

10/28/2010 | Interview in Cleveland *APPROVED*

Got Green Card. Done!

Married 6 years, March 15, 2014

I first went to Denmark March 28, 2007. I stayed until June 21, 2007. I want to go back again this year. I can go back LEGALLY in the beginning of October and stay 3 more months right?

i dont understand your question

Removal of Conditions NOA: 2/24/11

Biometrics Appt: 8/15/11

ROC Approval: 9/30/11

Card Production Ordered: 10/11/11

Card Received: 10/15/11

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I think the OP is asking if they can expect any problems going to Denmark again for 3 months since she has been there already 3 months in the beginning of this year.

I don't know the customs for Denmark, but I don't see a problem here. You are a USC, right?

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

07/01/2007 received visa via "Deutsche Post"

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

->view my complete timeline

AOS, EAD and AP

12/6/2006 filed for AOS & EAD

1/05/2007 AOS transferred to California Service Center

01/16/2008 letter to Congressman

03/27/2008 GREENCARD arrived

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

07/01/20010 Greencard arrived

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

03/15/2022 Interview. Approved after "quality review"

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

Filed: Timeline
I think the OP is asking if they can expect any problems going to Denmark again for 3 months since she has been there already 3 months in the beginning of this year.

I don't know the customs for Denmark, but I don't see a problem here. You are a USC, right?

It depends on what Denmark's policy is....

The only problem would be that the OP needs to fill out the I-134 & would likely not be working while in Denmark. Also, that form needs ot be filled out for interview, not leasily done from abroad, IMO.

Depends on the laws in Denmark. You probably wont get much help here. I would suggest contacting the Danish Embassy or consulates in the US with your question.

keTiiDCjGVo

oh i get it...well yea, it depends on what the laws are for us citizens travelling there...i know in italy, a usc can travel without a visa for up to three months a year...if that is so in denmark, obviously you cannot go back legally...go to a website about danish visa laws...or even contact a travel agency, they know these things

Removal of Conditions NOA: 2/24/11

Biometrics Appt: 8/15/11

ROC Approval: 9/30/11

Card Production Ordered: 10/11/11

Card Received: 10/15/11

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

If I am not mistaken (please don't quote me) I think you can not stay more than 180 days. If you are there 180 days, leave, touch down in the USA, and then go back, I think thats ok. I don't think it applies to more than 180 days a year. I may be wrong. Check the embassy website for Denmark.

Bundy

05/11/2007: I-129F petition received Texas Service Center (11:09 am)

05/14/2007: Received Date on NOA-1 (petition sent to CSC)

05/24/2007: Recevied NOA1 via Snail Mail

10/05/2007: TOUCHED---FINALLY

10/09/2007: RFE notice received via email

10/10/2007: Touch, Touch again 10/17 due to phone call

10/18/2007: Received RFE Hard Copy via snail mail

10/19/2007: Touch

10/20/2007: Resent RFE information to CSC

10/22/2007: RFE info received CSC (6:29 am-signed for by V. Semegi)

10/22/2007: Touch. Touched again 10/30, 10/31, 11/01, 11/02

11/02/2007: NOA-2 APPROVED-USCIS Website

11/08/2007: Received NOA-2 via snail mail

11/19/2007: NVC Receives petition

11/21/2007: NVC forwards petition to consulate in Bogota, Colombia

11/26/2007: Petition received by consulate in Bogota

12/04/2007: Received packet 3

12/05/2007: Interview Date issued - January 16, 2008

01/16/2008: Visa Approved

04/21/2008: Wedding Day

05/02/2008: K1 Visa Expires

Filed: Timeline

Because I'm that bored... :devil:

How long can you stay?

A visa allows you to stay a maximum of 90 days per 6 months in Denmark. A visa generally gives access to the entire Schengen region, i.e. Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Greece, Iceland, Italy, Luxemburg, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Germany and Austria.

A foreign national from a country where a visa is not a requirement can also stay in the Schengen region for a maximum of 90 days per 6 months. Both the entire day of the date of entry and the entire day of the date of exit are included in the number of days spent in the Schengen region - regardless of the time of day the entry or exit took place.

The six-month period is calculated from the date of 'first entry' into the Schengen region, i.e., the date on which the foreign national first enters the region, or the date of any other subsequent entry into the Schengen region which takes place after the expiration of a six-month period

Example of 'first entry':

If a foreign national arrives for the first time in Denmark (or another Schengen country) on 1 February 2007, he or she can stay in Denmark (or another Schengen country) for a period of three months within the six-month period which ends on 31 July 2007.

If he or she returns again on 1 October 2007 – i.e. more than six months after his or her very first entry into the Schengen region – this date will constitute a new 'first entry'. Therefore, 1 October 2007 constitutes the beginning a new six-month period, during which time the foreign national can stay in the country for a period of up to three months.

If the foreign national arrives again on 1 June 2008, it will be this date which constitutes the next date of 'first entry', and so on.

source

How long can you stay?

A visa allows you to stay a maximum of 90 days per 6 months in Denmark. A visa generally gives access to the entire Schengen region, i.e. Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Greece, Iceland, Italy, Luxemburg, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Germany and Austria.

A foreign national from a country where a visa is not a requirement can also stay in the Schengen region for a maximum of 90 days per 6 months. Both the entire day of the date of entry and the entire day of the date of exit are included in the number of days spent in the Schengen region - regardless of the time of day the entry or exit took place.

The six-month period is calculated from the date of 'first entry' into the Schengen region, i.e., the date on which the foreign national first enters the region, or the date of any other subsequent entry into the Schengen region which takes place after the expiration of a six-month period

If a foreign national arrives for the first time in Denmark (or another Schengen country) on 1 February 2007, he or she can stay in Denmark (or another Schengen country) for a period of three months within the six-month period which ends on 31 July 2007.

If he or she returns again on 1 October 2007 – i.e. more than six months after his or her very first entry into the Schengen region – this date will constitute a new 'first entry'. Therefore, 1 October 2007 constitutes the beginning a new six-month period, during which time the foreign national can stay in the country for a period of up to three months.

If the foreign national arrives again on 1 June 2008, it will be this date which constitutes the next date of 'first entry', and so on.

source

Yeah I read that before I asked the question. I was kind of having trouble with the wording. SO I can go back in October for 3 more months right?

Oh and I will NOT be working. I am just going so when we get our interview I will be there.

Edited by okspider

Visa Journey

03/15/2008 |Married!

AOS JOURNEY

Removing Restrictions:

09/10/2010 | RFE

Got Green Card. Done!

How long can you stay?

source

Yes Devilette is right. So you should be able to go back again in october. :D

It's not so easy with Denmark nolonger. I would have a hard time if I should bring my husband to my country instead of me staying in US

usa01.gif

Mike and Anettedk04.gif

03-07-07 Anette arrived in San Diego on a K-1 Visa

04-04-07 Married in Las Vegas

lovebirds.gif

AOS

06-01-07 Mailed AOS/AP to NBC

06-12-07 Recieved NOA by mail for AOS

07-10-07 Biometric appointment for AOS

08-03-07 AOS touched after they recieved RFE

08-14-07 Approval notice on AP is sent

08-18-07 Approval notice on AP recieved

09-07-07 Recieved Interview date by mail

10-23-07 AOS Interview / Approved

10-24-07 Card production ordered

10-29-07 Welcome Letter recieved

11-02-07 Greencard recieved

Remove Condition

08-05-09 Mailed I-751 to CSC

08-10-09 NOA1 Receipt date

08-15-09 Recieved NOA1 by mail

08-20-09 Recieved BIO date by mail

09-04-09 Biometric Appointment

09-08-09 Touch

11-25-09 Card production ordered

12-03-09 Approval Letter recieved

12-04-09 Greencard recieved

How long can you stay?

source

It's not so easy with Denmark nolonger. I would have a hard time if I should bring my husband to my country instead of me staying in US

Thanks! I just didn't want to be like SUPRISE here I am in Denmark again and I am not 100% sure I am allowed lol.

Visa Journey

03/15/2008 |Married!

AOS JOURNEY

Removing Restrictions:

09/10/2010 | RFE

Got Green Card. Done!

How long can you stay?

source

Thanks! I just didn't want to be like SUPRISE here I am in Denmark again and I am not 100% sure I am allowed lol.

Oh and I will NOT be working. I am just going so when we get our interview I will be there.

Keep in mind what I said above about your I-134 as well. You need to prove you can support him.

Yeah :) thanks for your help. I REALLY appreciate it!

Visa Journey

03/15/2008 |Married!

AOS JOURNEY

Removing Restrictions:

09/10/2010 | RFE

Got Green Card. Done!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.