micharni

AOS interview scheduled cancelled

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi to all!!

I applied for my AOS last May 3 and my interview should be this coming Aug 9. Today, I received a Notice of Interview Cancellation by USCIS. The letter says :

This is to advice you that, due to unforseen circumstances, we have cancelled the previously scheduled interview on Thursday, Aug 9, 2007 at 10:30 AM for the above applicant. We regret any inconvenience this may cause. You will be notified of any further action taken on this case, including any rescheduled interview information, under separate notice.

I need your advice guys, what should be the best thing to do? I am aware that USCIS systems right now seems do have problems and I am worried that if I wont appear on the inteview date, they might say that I abandone my interview schedule. Anyone do experience this recently? Pls shares any experiences about this matter. It would be really a great help for me. Thank you so much! God bless!

July 7,2006 = received i-129f at NSC

July 12, 2006 = NOA1

Sept 15, 2006 = touched

Sept 17, 2006 = touched

Sept 18, 2006 = Finally! we got email notification of NOA2!!! :)

Sept 23, 2006 = NOA2 in mail

Oct 11, 2006= electonic mail of my case number! thanks God!

Feb 15, 2007 = interview (approved! thanks God)

March 8, 2007 = Arrived in Portland, Oregon

May 2007 AOS application

Aug 2007 Interview date but cancelled :(

praying for approval soon

Timeline

Thanks for the advice guys. I do hope somebody here do experience same thing like I do, this is really weird! Setting an interview and then cancell it. :(

July 12, 2006 = NOA1

Sept 15, 2006 = touched

Sept 17, 2006 = touched

May 2007 AOS application

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Email or actual paper letter?

If just email it is advised to ignore the email, and go to the so-called de-scheduled interview, several have reported that the field office was un-aware that it was canceled, and went ahead and did the interview. And I have seen a few that believed the email, and did not go only to find out later that the IO did not know about cancellation and put the couple down as a no-show, and eventually the couple find themselves facing a deportation hearing.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

The usual advice around here in this situation is to just go to the interview anyway... the worst that can happen is that they'll tell you the interview is cancelled and to go away. Other people have been notified that their interview has been cancelled, showed up on the day anyway, and had the interview as planned. I think I'm also right in saying that what you're worrying about HAS happened - people have failed to show for an interview (because they've received a cancellation notice) and then been told that they've abandoned their application.

I'd go... :)

2005 - We met

2006 - Filed I-129F

2007 - K-1 issued, moved to US, completed AOS (a busy year, immigration-wise)

2009 - Conditions lifted

2010 - Will be naturalising. Buh-bye, USCIS! smile.png

Timeline

I received an actual letter and with my regards with my USCIS online, I dont received any updates in there. I called the USCIS and with the updates they got, its still bout the infos that they received my applications and wait for further notice and that ways good for May!!! The USCIS customer representative told me to just wait for the letter about my new sched cause he dont have informations about it.. grrr. what the use of asking them :(

If we go to the interview date, what should i do? Do i need to tell them that they cancelled my interview or i will just inquire if they will still entertain me.

Hope to hear more advices. It really helps a lot. Thanks! :)

July 12, 2006 = NOA1

Sept 15, 2006 = touched

Sept 17, 2006 = touched

May 2007 AOS application

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

i had the same problem..we still went and just to confirm. Several people have gone and actually had the interview though it was cancelled. I would advise either way best to show up so they can't claim you are a no-show.

Keep after the USCIS folks. We had our interview cancelled and it has not been rescheduled.

I-485 , I-765, I-130: NOA1 : 1/23/2006

Biometrics 2/23/2006

Temporary EAD given for 1 month ONLY b/c of Infopass appt: 5/1/2006

Went back to renew EAD through Infopass: EAD card was not given "due to reasons we can't disclose"

5/3/2007: Confirmation that EAD is delayed due to background checks. (started to use the senator, ombudsman and was just a royal pain in the neck)

5/30/2007: EAD production ordered (after over 400 days of waiting!!! woo hoo!)

AOS Interview: 5/12/2008!!! FINALLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/29/2008: card production ordered...918 days..can't wait to see that card!

Timeline
i had the same problem..we still went and just to confirm. Several people have gone and actually had the interview though it was cancelled. I would advise either way best to show up so they can't claim you are a no-show.

Keep after the USCIS folks. We had our interview cancelled and it has not been rescheduled.

Hi there! thank you for the reply. you mean you received a cancellation also and u decided to show up? What you did then? What happen on that day? Thanks :)

July 12, 2006 = NOA1

Sept 15, 2006 = touched

Sept 17, 2006 = touched

May 2007 AOS application

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

my husbands interview was cancelled but they failed to let us know ahead of time.

we drove the hour to cleveland got there early just to make sure we were not late. had breakfast and went into the office and sat and waited for our lawyer to come. in came her secretary only to tell us that they called them that very morning (of course while we were in transit to the interview) and told them it was cancelled because they didnt recieve my husbands file yet.

a few months later we got a new interview letter.

The usual advice is to go anyway. There have been examples recently of people who received both email and hard copy cancellation letters, who showed up anyway and were interviewed. Its not worth the risk of being denied.

Timeline
my husbands interview was cancelled but they failed to let us know ahead of time.

we drove the hour to cleveland got there early just to make sure we were not late. had breakfast and went into the office and sat and waited for our lawyer to come. in came her secretary only to tell us that they called them that very morning (of course while we were in transit to the interview) and told them it was cancelled because they didnt recieve my husbands file yet.

a few months later we got a new interview letter.

Thank you so much for your reply. I prayed that they could still interview me on that day so that I dont need to wait for another months for the new schedule. :(

July 12, 2006 = NOA1

Sept 15, 2006 = touched

Sept 17, 2006 = touched

May 2007 AOS application

Timeline
The usual advice is to go anyway. There have been examples recently of people who received both email and hard copy cancellation letters, who showed up anyway and were interviewed. Its not worth the risk of being denied.

Thank you for the reply. yes, i and my husband will show up. We dont want to take the risk of being denied. I pray soon I could get my GC then.

July 12, 2006 = NOA1

Sept 15, 2006 = touched

Sept 17, 2006 = touched

May 2007 AOS application

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.