Ronald P

Yet another I-134 Question for K1 and K2 Visa

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Hi All, 

I just have a couple questions regarding the I-134 and how to list her child and our child that was born out of our relationship. I understand that her child does not need a separate I-134 for the interview. So would I list her as "Child" or as "Beneficiary" in Part 2? 

Second question, our child already received her CRBA and is currently just waiting for her passport so she can travel with my fiance and her child together. In the I-134, would I also list her under part 2? Or since she's our child with US Citizenship, would I list her under myself in Part 3? If I do list her in part 2, would I just write her as "Child"? 

Lastly, do we count the beneficiary as a dependent or just the children? Thanks everyone in advance!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
10 hours ago, Ronald P said:

Hi All, 

I just have a couple questions regarding the I-134 and how to list her child and our child that was born out of our relationship. I understand that her child does not need a separate I-134 for the interview. So would I list her as "Child" or as "Beneficiary" in Part 2?

I am not seeing anything that relates to children in Part 2 in https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/i-134.pdf

What page number and item number are you seeing this?

Second question, our child already received her CRBA and is currently just waiting for her passport so she can travel with my fiance and her child together. In the I-134, would I also list her under part 2?

Item number and page number? 

Or since she's our child with US Citizenship, would I list her under myself in Part 3?

She is your dependent and must be listed in page 6, item 14.

Lastly, do we count the beneficiary as a dependent or just the children? Thanks everyone in advance!

The beneficiary as in your future spouse? That person is not a dependent.

Timeline
6 hours ago, Mike E said:

I am not seeing anything that relates to children in Part 2 in https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/i-134.pdf

What page number and item number are you seeing this?

Item number and page number? 

She is your dependent and must be listed in page 6, item 14.

The beneficiary as in your future spouse? That person is not a dependent.

Sorry I should be more clear. Her child is interviewing for the K2 visa. My question relates to Part 2, item 13 Regarding "Beneficiary's Financial Information". Should I list the K2 child as a beneficiary or just put her in as child? 

Same goes for our child. Part 3, Item 14 "Financial Information" Although she is not coming with a visa, she is coming with a US passport, would she be listed under my fiance's financial information, or mine?  

Thanks!

Timeline
30 minutes ago, Ronald P said:

My question relates to Part 2, item 13 Regarding "Beneficiary's Financial Information". Should I list the K2 child as a beneficiary or just put her in as child? 

13. Provide all of the information requested in the table below about the beneficiary, all of the beneficiary's dependents, and any other individuals the beneficiary financially supports (do not include any individuals named in Part 3.).

Relationship to the Beneficiary (Type or print "Self" if you are filing for yourself as the beneficiary or "Beneficiary" if someone is agreeing to support you in

Part 3.)

So back to your original question:

17 hours ago, Ronald P said:

So would I list her as "Child" or as "Beneficiary" in Part 2? 

Child

53 minutes ago, Ronald P said:

Same goes for our child. Part 3, Item 14 "Financial Information" Although she is not coming with a visa, she is coming with a US passport, would she be listed under my fiance's financial information, or mine?  

Item numbers and page numbers please.

Timeline
56 minutes ago, Mike E said:

For our child, who is not part of the k2 visa, but coming with us passport, should I also list her in Part 2 Item 13, or Part 3 Item 14?

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Ronald P said:

For our child, who is not part of the k2 visa, but coming with us passport, should I also list her in Part 2 Item 13, or Part 3 Item 14?

Part 3 item 14:

Provide all of the information requested in the table below about yourself, all of your dependents,

She is your dependent because she is your biological child. So she must be listed in Part 3 Item 14.

17 minutes ago, Ronald P said:

should I also list her in Part 2 Item 13, 

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

13. Provide all of the information requested in the table below about the beneficiary, all of the beneficiary's dependents, and any other individuals the beneficiary financially supports (do not include any individuals named in Part 3.).

Since she is listed in Part 3, she must not be listed in part 2, item 13.

Timeline
8 hours ago, Mike E said:

Thanks Mike. I just wasn’t sure because she was born and is currently living with her in Ecuador. I didn’t know if she would fall under my dependent or my fiancé’s. 

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Ronald P said:

Thanks Mike. I just wasn’t sure because she was born and is currently living with her in Ecuador. I didn’t know if she would fall under my dependent or my fiancé’s. 

She is both, but the form, ss written, requires the sponsor to count her. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.