Philomena

CASA's Computers Down Today (Interview Rescheduled)

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick heads up on my fiance's interview this morning. After waiting there for 2 hours outside the Consulate with other interviewees, an African-American woman (whom he said was very nice) came out to announce to everyone that they would not be doing any interviews today, due to the computers being down, and she apologized for the inconvenience and told them to come back at the same time on Friday, or to email to reschedule. In lieu of the fact that he traveled all the way from Fes, and is now in a hotel, I did email them to request if he can go in tomorrow or Thursday, instead. So inshaAllah when we find out some news, I'll post again. Hope everyone's enjoying their week. :star:

Thanks,

iysha

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Sorry to hear of your delay.... grrrr how annoying.

Hope they get the problem fixed fast and can reschedule him very soon.

(F)

-MK

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hope everything goes ok and there are no more delays. :luv:

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

How disappointing that must have been. I can remember how anxious I was and would have hated them putting it off. I do hope he is able to get it rescheduled for tomorrow or Thursday. Good Luck.

Doreen

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SupportingMoroccanLove/

6/14/03 Met Online

9/30/2003 He was denied a Tourist Visa

1/7/2004 Sent 1-129F-tried to prove hardship; many reasons

8/8/2004 Petition denied

After 214 Days of waiting

10/11/2004 Returned from Morocco even more in love.

11/15/2004 Mailed I-129F off to Nebraska

2/11/05 APPROVAL

2/14/05 EMAIL, OUR PETITION HAS BEEN APPROVED

86 Days what an awesome feeling

2/25/05 Email received from nvc, given case number

3/21/05 Email from consulate

b]INTERVIEW DATE 5/10/05[/b]

3/31/05 Fiance finally receives his packet from the consulate

4/12/05 He had medical exam

5/10/05 INTERVIEW WAS A SUCCESS

5/18/05 VISA IN HAND

Took 214 Days for a denial, but IN 205 days He will be HOME

6/10/05 Abdou arrives in America, what a happy day!

6/13/05 Applied for SSN

6/23/05 6 p.m. We were MARRIED; honeymoon in Gatlinburg

8/13/05 AOS and EAD paperwork mailed

8/25/05 NOAs in the mail!!! Yea!

11/25/05 - BIOMETRIC DATE

01/26/06 - AOS SUCCESSFUL INTERVIEW AND HE GETS HIS FIRST JOB AT FIRST JOB INTERVIEW

02/13/06 - GREEN CARD ARRIVED

4/22/06 - Driver's License!!

11/05/2007 Filed to Lift conditions[/color]

11/07/07 - NOA1 received

12/21/07 - Biometrics completed

04/08/08 - 10 YEAR CARD APPROVED

04/14/08 - CARD IN HAND !!!!!

11/3/08 - Filed for Citizenship

11/29/08 - Biometric Appointment

02/03/09 - Citizenship Interview, HE PASSED

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Looks like you and I have the same luck. I can't tell you how disappointed I was when they told us they won't be interviewing him that day. :(

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Hi Everyone,

Just a quick heads up on my fiance's interview this morning. After waiting there for 2 hours outside the Consulate with other interviewees, an African-American woman (whom he said was very nice) came out to announce to everyone that they would not be doing any interviews today, due to the computers being down, and she apologized for the inconvenience and told them to come back at the same time on Friday, or to email to reschedule. In lieu of the fact that he traveled all the way from Fes, and is now in a hotel, I did email them to request if he can go in tomorrow or Thursday, instead. So inshaAllah when we find out some news, I'll post again. Hope everyone's enjoying their week. :star:

Thanks,

iysha

Well, being the suspicious person that I am of Casa, I have a question.... Just cuz the computers are down, why does that impact a person having an interview? Is it me, or does Casa seem to lurch from one dismal week to the next with no end in sight? Why can't they give those poor folks their interviews???? They should have everything they need for an interview right there in their grimy little hands....and, of course, the fiances have all that stuff right in their shiny hands, but, then again, the interviewers won't bother to look at that......

So my question again, why can't they conduct an interview without a computer????? If I seem insensitive, I am toward Casa....lol :whistle: Debbie (and Hamid)

PS--Tired of thinking that one person sitting in Casa can impact my life forever....where is the justice????? :dance: (That's not me dancing, that's me pitching a fit.... :D

:dance: (That's not me dancing, that's me pitching a fit.... :D

Here Debbie, try this one instead when talking about casa 15_5_20.gif

;)

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

That's a good question. An interview consists of one human being asking questions and another human being answering. Sure the one asking takes notes but do they not know how to put a pen to paper and input the data later on into the computer? Makes no sense.

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

[/size [color=#000080][/color]Well my fiance was rescheduled for today from when the computers were down in Casa, along with Iysha's fiance. Abdell told me that the blonde lady interviewed him, she was asking him questions that him and i never have really discussed.....and because of his vague answers, or the answer" i do not know" i think that put his case on AP, she asked him, ' what is the petitioners name? who filled out the forms for you in USA, what does she do for a living, what exactly is a Health Practioner?(as that is my profession) What degrees does she hold? What University did she attend? Whats the name of my ex husband?What my ex husband does for a living? What I do for fun, How old are my children, what grades are they in? How long have you known her? When did you become Romantic? When was her first visit here to Morocco?' Well these are the questions that he remembers, and some of it of course he does not know, I barely know the answers myself! So anyway she handed him a paper and told him his case requires further additional processing under 221 g or something like this , I can not remember, but she said someone will call him in approximately 1 week, What does this mean I asked? He did not know,(he thought it was a denial) so i called DOS and emailed Casa, DOS told me that it is NOT a denial but they need additional evidence of the on going relationship, he brought over 300 emails and brought sooooooooo many pictures and my boarding tickets of going to Morocco the times i went, he brought allot of evidence........why didn't she take the time to look at it? Abdell told me she glanced at them for a few seconds and gave it back, And why didn't they tell him right then and there that they needed more proof because he had it all with him there at the consulate! So....can someone tell me please, Additional Processing, what will happen in 1 week? Does that mean he will need to collect more evidence and return it when they call him? My heart goes out to dear Iysha and Driss, as they had terrible news today, she has been so supportive, I was fortunate to have talked to her in depth and she really has a big heart and is very level headed. I know it is soooooooooo hard to be denied, I just can not believe her case was denied tho, there was not any red flags? How on earth do they base their decisions? I just do not understand? Anyone else on here going thru what i am going thru? Is there anything more i can do? Your support is sooooooooooo healpful and appreciated, thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.