~Jackie~

Tuesday in MENA

88 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I cheated my first time around. I think we registered at this place that doesn't exist but it was via computer. I got married in '94 or '93 (i can't remember lol) and I would go in (this was pre-internet for me) every so often and ask for an updated list and see what was checked off.

This time around no one got me anything since no one came. Ticks me off when I think of it 'cause my sister got married twice and each time she got presents/money but here I am getting nada. Oh well.

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

aggggggggggggg what a day what a day. I cant believe that people on VJ would make such a big deal on the so called filer threads. Things like that just agitate me. They must not have any thing better to do LOL. I finally busted and had to say something. Any hoot....

Moving on, I just want to smack some body to get rid of all my stress. Its been a long day here at work. LOL Good night ladies.

Ok so my assistant just got married and we were discussing my wedding registry and she just happened to tell me that I could go to my registry and click on this area called "manage my thank you cards" and it shows me who bought what......I'm trying reallllllllllllllllllllly hard not to look :innocent:

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
I cheated my first time around. I think we registered at this place that doesn't exist but it was via computer. I got married in '94 or '93 (i can't remember lol) and I would go in (this was pre-internet for me) every so often and ask for an updated list and see what was checked off.

This time around no one got me anything since no one came. Ticks me off when I think of it 'cause my sister got married twice and each time she got presents/money but here I am getting nada. Oh well.

Heee! Most of my family hasn't acknowledged I even GOT remarried... as in they don't even act like I was ever divorced (or depending on who it is, ever married at all.)

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

First off i would like to comment on everyone's views of thier men getting there hair cut at an african american barber. First all african american's do NOT have course hair! SO i am sure what type of african americans you are all meeting. If you think that they you all are highly mistaken. I am african american and my haor is DEFINETELY not course!! And second if you think that african american barbers are better your wrong becaue i personaly know a few of them and they CAN NOT cut hair at all. My man has beatigul thick hair and when he gets here is least concern is definetly not about getting his hair cut. Its about being with the woman he loves and has not seen in 18 months. That is more important than going to what you all call an AFRICAN AMERICAN baber. And you all need to chill with all these racial statements because personally i am really starting to get affened by them If what i said causes this thread to get closed then i don't care because i felt as if my race was personally stereotyped by assuming that african americans have Nappy hair!! If you all don't like what i said them email me or im me personally i will send you a picture of myself and throw the sterotype comment that you all made in reguards to african americans having Nappy hair and you will see my hair is FAR from NAPPY.

AJ1

7/17/2005----I met the love of my life.

1/18/2006----Arrived in Egypt to visit my love.

5/11/2006----Sent I129F.

6/15/2006----Recieved NOA1.

6/22/2006----Recieved RFE (IMBRA).

7/12/2006----Replied to RFE (IMBRA) Sent back.

7/17/2006----Our 1 year Anniversary!!!!

7/19/2006----VSC recieved RFE (IMBRA).

7/20/2006----touched

8/18/2006----touched

8/18/2006----NOA2!!!!!! THANK YOU GOD!!!!

8/18/2006----VSC sent our petition to NVC.

8/19/2006----touched

8/22/2006----NVC recieved our petition.

8/23/2006----NVC sent our petition to Cairo Embassy.

8/25/2006----Recieved NOA2 Approval letter in the mail.

8/28/2006----Recieved NVC letter with new case number.

8/31/2006----Cairo Embassy recieved our petition.

9/24/2006----I emailed the Embassy reguarding my fiance's packet 3.

10/17/2006--Cairo sent packet 3 for the second time to my fiance. First one was never recieved.

10/19/2006--Packet 3 recieved.

12/20/2006--Packet 3 sent.

12/21/2006--Cairo Embassy recieved packet 3.

2/21/2007---Packet 4 recieved.

3/12/2007---Interview (He Passed)!

3/12/2007---Administrative Processing begins.............God please help me get through this!

7/17/2007---Our 2 Year Anniversay!!!

10/23/2007--7 months and 2 weeks of A/P and still waiting..........God help me!

4/22/2008---2nd Interview ( keep us in your prayers)

4/22/2008--He was approved for the Visa 2-3 weeks until he recieves it in the mail lets hope so!!

6/03/2008--VISA IN HAND! Thank you god!

7/03/2008--Our Wedding Day!

"NEVER GIVE UP"

Timeline
First off i would like to comment on everyone's views of thier men getting there hair cut at an african american barber. First all african american's do NOT have course hair! SO i am sure what type of african americans you are all meeting. If you think that they you all are highly mistaken. I am african american and my haor is DEFINETELY not course!! And second if you think that african american barbers are better your wrong becaue i personaly know a few of them and they CAN NOT cut hair at all. My man has beatigul thick hair and when he gets here is least concern is definetly not about getting his hair cut. Its about being with the woman he loves and has not seen in 18 months. That is more important than going to what you all call an AFRICAN AMERICAN baber. And you all need to chill with all these racial statements because personally i am really starting to get affened by them If what i said causes this thread to get closed then i don't care because i felt as if my race was personally stereotyped by assuming that african americans have Nappy hair!! If you all don't like what i said them email me or im me personally i will send you a picture of myself and throw the sterotype comment that you all made in reguards to african americans having Nappy hair and you will see my hair is FAR from NAPPY.

AJ1

I feel that the use of "nappy" was highly inappropriate and caution use of these statements and generalizations...

“Hold on to the center and make up your mind to rejoice in this paradise called life.” ~ Lao-tzu

4374690_bodyshot_175x233_1205371236499.gif4572850_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Timeline

:blink: indeed.

Here's a racial statement for you...........all Irish have freckles. I'm irish and I have freckles and every irish person I know has freckles. I'm not offended when people talk like that. I think you're taking things way too personally.

My husband is African and he has nappy hair. I would think it would be best for him to go to a barber that deals in that type of hair. Not too sure what is so wrong in that. :unsure:

AJ1

I feel that the use of "nappy" was highly inappropriate and caution use of these statements and generalizations...

ok what the heck *is* nappy anyways??? As far as I know it means hair that is thick, coarse and curly and pretty hard to deal with. That describes my husband's hair and his sisters' hair. Is nappy just a bad word that I don't know about or something?

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

#######??? I just went through the entire thread and you (a1) need to chill. The word nappy was used to describe hair, and not hair of one specific race. Nappy is not a bad word. Rahma merely suggested that someone with "nappy" hair, regardless of race, might want to go to a salon that has a large african american clientele. There is nothing raciist or wrong about that.

CHILL OUT.

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

Timeline

This is what Rahma stated

If your husband has "nappy" hair and there's no arab barber around, try looking for a barber with a large african american clientel.

Maybe you need to read that before you tell me to chill!

AJ1

5/11/2006----Sent I129F.

7/20/2006----touched

8/18/2006----touched

8/19/2006----touched

10/17/2006--Cairo sent packet 3 for the second time to my fiance. First one was never recieved.

3/12/2007---Administrative Processing begins.............God please help me get through this!

4/22/2008--He was approved for the Visa 2-3 weeks until he recieves it in the mail lets hope so!!

"NEVER GIVE UP"

Timeline

If your husband has "nappy" hair and there's no arab barber around, try looking for a barber with a large african american clientel.

AJ1

Ok I'm really being a doofus I guess 'cause I have no idea what is wrong with what she said. :help:

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

AJ1

I can read just fine, now why don't you proceed to show me how that statement was racist? There is no where that says all african americans have nappy hair. There is no where that even indicates what race the husband is. Nappy simply means kinky or tightly curled hair. Many african americans have kinky or tightly curled hair and they have salons and stylists that specialize in that.

What is your issue? There is no reason to make a problem out of nothing here.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Ok I'm really being a doofus I guess 'cause I have no idea what is wrong with what she said. :help:

i'm thinking she took it to mean definition #2 or #3.

from link

nap·py3 /ˈnæpi/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[nap-ee] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–adjective, -pi·er, -pi·est. 1. covered with nap; downy.

2. (of hair) kinky.

nap·py 1 (nāp'ē) Pronunciation Key

adj. nap·pi·er, nap·pi·est

Having a nap; fuzzy: a nappy carpet.

Often Offensive Tightly curled or coiled. Used of hair.

nappy (adj.)

"downy," 1499, from nap (n.). Meaning "fuzzy, kinky," used in colloquial or derogatory ref. to the hair of black people, is from 1950.

as the individual that made the post did not include anything that would indicate it was a slur of any type, i feel she was using the 1st definition listed above (bolded).

Edited by charlesandnessa

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Then you explain to me what that sounds like if you read it

Try and find a barber with a large amount of African American clientel!! That sounds like a sterotypical statment to me. Anyone can say what they want but that is what i think. I can and will say what i think about anything if in any forum if someone doesn't appreciate that then honestly i don't care.

AJ1

If that is how she meant if then"African American" should have never been mentioned. If it wasn't then no i would not have felt that way. But since it was i do. And as i stated before if you don't agree that's fine.

AJ1

5/11/2006----Sent I129F.

7/20/2006----touched

8/18/2006----touched

8/19/2006----touched

"NEVER GIVE UP"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.