~Jackie~

Tuesday in MENA

88 posts in this topic

So we are ordering our furniture today, we finally agreed on something! Still can't find a place to live, :crying: I'm going to the SS office today to finally change my name. Worked on our wedding invitations last night until 2 am, so Im dead tired. Only 3 more nights of working on them and they should be done. :thumbs:

On the subject of finding a barber, it took him 3 months to find one he liked. Trial and error is basically what it took.

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

If your husband has "nappy" hair and there's no arab barber around, try looking for a barber with a large african american clientel.

The first time my husband got his hair cut, the poor barber couldn't make it lie flat, so he ended up almost shaving my husband bald. Needless to say, the husband wasn't happy.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

My husband STILL hates the barbers here...the only reliable place to get a haircut for him is at a fancy salon for $60 + tip, which we can't afford.

The second best place is at a local Mexican mall...cheap ($12) but they don't speak English (or French or Arabic, obviously). Somehow through lots of laughs and gestures he managed to get a good haircut. Most American hair places (and a local Arabic barbershop) have done butcher jobs on his hair...he's so picky!!

Carolyn and Simo

Fell in love in Morocco: March 2004

Welcome to the USA: May 19, 2005 :)

Our Wedding Day: July 9, 2005

AOS interview: March, 2006--Success!

Applied for Removal of Conditions on Residence: March, 2008--Approved August 11, 2008

Baby Ilyas born: August 16, 2008!

rPXNm5.png

Filed: Timeline

Work, work work then go home to help mom with what ever she needs done around the house ie *my daily chorse. Then maybe do some hip hop abs work out then sit and eat a gallon of s"trawberry&cheese cake ice cream" and see my new favorite spanish soap at 8 pm LOL Jk about the ice cream part. I WISH.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Mine elected to shave his head and it looks awesome! It's about 1/2" now, and since it's so ioncredibly tightly curly, instead of poofing like a normal buzz cut, it just lays flat.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
work

work

work

text hubbie

more work

hubbie's new concern: who will do his hair the same as his barber does it now once he gets here. :)

haha.. Mohamed said the same thing

So has he found a good barber yet?

You know what I hate? I hate when I get a sammich at the cafeteria here, I ask for a pickle, I smell the pickle the whole way back to my desk and it's soggy. I can't eat soggy pickles. :crying:

I found this Lebanese barber guy near me that cut the kids Hair... I will send him there.. He speaks Arabic... he did a good job.. for a cheap price :thumbs:

06.14.2006 - Got Married in Alexandria, Egypt :) :) :)

05.23.2007 - INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!!! inshallah.......

*** Interview is a SUCCESS !!!! *** now for a speedy AP!! inshallah...

06.18.2007 - Starting to Freak Out over this AP #######

06.27.2007 - Visa In Hand.. Alhamdulillah!

07.13.2007 - Husband arrives in the US!!! alhamdulillah ..yup.. thats right Friday the 13th!!

07.24.2007 - Mailed in AOS & EAD together to Chicago

It doesn't matter what you say

I just can't stay here every yesterday

Like keep on acting out the same

The way we act out

Every way to smile

Forget

And make-believe we never needed

Any more than this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cf6k4yJyv0

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xv6lHwWwO3w

Timeline

Yes his hair is wicked nappy. I told him I wanna see him in a huge fro!! :lol:

He really truly is scared about this. Good thinking on getting him to an african barber. We have a lot of those in a nearby town so I'll have to check it out. :thumbs:

Is it time to go home yet????? I think the time change has finally caught up with me today and has hit me like a lead baloon. I almost called in sick but my boss has cancer and NEVER takes any time off so I'd feel like a real dweeb for staying home just to catch some shut-eye. :unsure:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Timeline
Whazzz up, Doodle????

I REALLY hate when I get a sammich and the pickle has been wrapped up with it and the pickle juice has gotten on the bread...cuz I HATE PICKLES!!!!

But I can understand where you are coming from. :) I hate when you are all jazzed up for a sammich and it's NOT what you expected!!!!

Well the sammich itself was very good. Roast beef, roasted peppers, lettuce, onion, tomato, horshradish sauce on a roll up bread. YUM. I probably didn't need all that salt in the pickle anyhoo since my ankles are still swollen from the trip.

So we are ordering our furniture today, we finally agreed on something! Still can't find a place to live, :crying: I'm going to the SS office today to finally change my name. Worked on our wedding invitations last night until 2 am, so Im dead tired. Only 3 more nights of working on them and they should be done. :thumbs:

1) Can you show pics of the furniture?

2) If you're changing your name before the ceremony, what name will the invitations have on them?

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Timeline

I'm hungry :(

06.14.2006 - Got Married in Alexandria, Egypt :) :) :)

05.23.2007 - INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!!! inshallah.......

*** Interview is a SUCCESS !!!! *** now for a speedy AP!! inshallah...

06.18.2007 - Starting to Freak Out over this AP #######

06.27.2007 - Visa In Hand.. Alhamdulillah!

07.13.2007 - Husband arrives in the US!!! alhamdulillah ..yup.. thats right Friday the 13th!!

07.24.2007 - Mailed in AOS & EAD together to Chicago

It doesn't matter what you say

I just can't stay here every yesterday

Like keep on acting out the same

The way we act out

Every way to smile

Forget

And make-believe we never needed

Any more than this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cf6k4yJyv0

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xv6lHwWwO3w

Mine shaves his head, too. I think it's HOT! Plus we don't have to worry about finding a barber. I shave for him every two weeks or so.

Mine elected to shave his head and it looks awesome! It's about 1/2" now, and since it's so ioncredibly tightly curly, instead of poofing like a normal buzz cut, it just lays flat.

1) Can you show pics of the furniture?

2) If you're changing your name before the ceremony, what name will the invitations have on them?

I wish I had pictures to show, but we found everything from a local place that has no website. We got a great deal though!

Sofa & Loveseat

Coffee Table & 2 End Tables

Dining room table w/ 6 chairs

King size bedroom set (Half sleigh bed, dresser, 2 nightstands)

Queen size sleigh bed

2 accent tables

Queen Mattress set

King Mattress set

$5500 including tax, setup, and delivery!

Well the invites don't have my last name on them anyway, they are done the traditional way with his parents names and my parents names. It only shows his first name and my first name. Even the response cards have my maiden name on them. I'm really not in a rush to change my name but my assistant got married 2 weeks ago and she is going today to change her name so I decided to tag along and get it out of the way.

Now i want a pickle...dammit. :crying:

Me too :crying: This darn slim fast shake ain't cutting it today!

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

I want a new bedroom set and mattress set! Mine's like 11 yrs old now and looking shabby.

I just want a place to put it all! We can't find a place to live!!!! :crying::crying::crying::crying: And I can't bring myself to pay 2K a month for an apartment that doesn't even have a freaking washer/dryer inside the unit!!!!!

Yeah you have it kinda rough in Cali with the high prices for rent. Where I live (decent middle class neighborhood) I pay $615 a month for a nice sized 2 bedroom apt. (huge kitchen, huge master bed with walk in closet). Plus we have our own basement with our own washer and dryer (not the normal "cage" basements you find in apts.).

I want a new bedroom set and mattress set! Mine's like 11 yrs old now and looking shabby.

I just want a place to put it all! We can't find a place to live!!!! :crying::crying::crying::crying: And I can't bring myself to pay 2K a month for an apartment that doesn't even have a freaking washer/dryer inside the unit!!!!!

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

ME too after reading about Doodles sandwich!

Going to warm up my shorba. Any of you from countries other than morocco have shorba before?

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.