SteveInBostonI130

How to inquire about CA Tourist visa application

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello,

My nephew is Ukrainian and my wife and I want to take him to Montreal, and possibly Toronto and Niagara Falls (CA side).  We helped him apply for a visitor visa in mid July, and he went to his biometrics in the beginning of August.  The Visit Canada website stated that it takes about 34 days for processing.  It has been 2 months and I'm wondering what is the best method to ask about how much longer it would take.  Basically, if there is a phone number or email, or even an office near Boston (we can travel to New York, if needed) for us to call/email/visit.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

https://ircc-tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca/en

Has this been done?

Book your biometrics collection appointment as soon as you can to avoid processing delays. Find out how to give biometrics.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Yes.  Biometrics completed on Aug 4.

Is there a number or email for the CA consulate or the visa processing department that I can contact?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ugh...the Canadian government is awful for this type of information.  I don't know what you'll find for a number, but if you have the other relevant information, I'd start here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html

You can also try calling Service Canada at 1-800-622-6232 but the wait times are probably long.  They are completely under staffed and expected to somewhat cover the gamut.  

Good luck!

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.