madmanmike

SUCCESS!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well the wait is finally over. 18 months, lots of paperwork and frustration, ending with 3 trips to the embassy, but it is done.

She went back for the 3rd time, waited about 20 minutes, and they called her and presented her with her passport with visa already in it and her immigration package. They congratulated her and wished her a good trip and sent her on her way.

Now she on her way to the airport to find a ticket and get on a plane. I gave her as much information as I could about what layover places she wanted, time between flights and desired arrival time in LAX, the rest is up to her.

And now my question. If I am delayed, or if for any reason I don't meet up with her at the 'official embarkation point' or whatever they call it, what do you guys suggest as a backup meeting place for her to find?

I am not familiar with LAX, but I guessing that she must pass thru customs alone, get her suitcases, and then exit at some point where I can meet up with her? But in case I get delayed, or whatever, what do you suggest I tell her to find for us to meet?

I am thinking of telling her to find the US Airways ticket counter, as that is the carrier we will use to get back to Vegas. Anyone have a better idea?

I told her to make sure she had my phone number, as her Thai phone probably wont work and she could call me on payphone, but I am trying to think of a fail-safe plan if all goes awry, somewhere we can agree to meet.

Thanks so much to all, as many of you were a great help in the odyssey so far, and of course, I guess we are only half way, as the fun begins all over again once we get married. AOS - here we come!! New fees be damned!!!!

Michael

Consulate: Manila, Philippines | I-129F Sent: 2022-06-07 | NOA1: 2022-06-09 | NOA2: 2023-07-11 NVC Rec’d: 2023-08-10 | Case #: 2023-08-24 NVC Left Consulate: 2023-09-12 | Received : 2023-09-13 | Packet 3 Rec’d : | Packet 3 Sent : | Packet 4 Rec’d: 2023-09-19 | Interview: 2023-10-17 | Interview Result: Approved!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
Well the wait is finally over. 18 months, lots of paperwork and frustration, ending with 3 trips to the embassy, but it is done.

She went back for the 3rd time, waited about 20 minutes, and they called her and presented her with her passport with visa already in it and her immigration package. They congratulated her and wished her a good trip and sent her on her way.

Now she on her way to the airport to find a ticket and get on a plane. I gave her as much information as I could about what layover places she wanted, time between flights and desired arrival time in LAX, the rest is up to her.

And now my question. If I am delayed, or if for any reason I don't meet up with her at the 'official embarkation point' or whatever they call it, what do you guys suggest as a backup meeting place for her to find?

I am not familiar with LAX, but I guessing that she must pass thru customs alone, get her suitcases, and then exit at some point where I can meet up with her? But in case I get delayed, or whatever, what do you suggest I tell her to find for us to meet?

I am thinking of telling her to find the US Airways ticket counter, as that is the carrier we will use to get back to Vegas. Anyone have a better idea?

I told her to make sure she had my phone number, as her Thai phone probably wont work and she could call me on payphone, but I am trying to think of a fail-safe plan if all goes awry, somewhere we can agree to meet.

Thanks so much to all, as many of you were a great help in the odyssey so far, and of course, I guess we are only half way, as the fun begins all over again once we get married. AOS - here we come!! New fees be damned!!!!

Michael

I would suggest somewhere in the international terminal as meeting at US Airways counter would require a terminal change. Perhaps the Thai Airways counter. She would have to exit after immigration and customs and go upstairs. Or if she is internet savvy, search for LAX airport map (it is on their website) and agree on a place. Not sure which terminal US Airways is in. She could possibly get there (can ask at baggage recheck where to go) but would again have to go upstairs to find the ticket counter. Also, some airlines (Delta/United) are in more than one terminal building. Good luck and congratulations!

K-3

11/15/2006 - NOA1 Receipt for 129F

02/12/2007 - I-130 and I-129F approved!

04/17/2007 - Interview - visa approved!

04/18/2007 - POE LAX - Finally in the USA!!!

04/19/2007 - WE ARE FINALLY HOME!!!

09/20/2007 - Sent Packet 3 for K-4 Visas (follow to join for children)

10/02/2007 - K-4 Interviews - approved

10/12/2007 - Everyone back to USA!

AOS

06/20/2008 - Mailed I-485, I-765 (plus I-130 for children)

06/27/2008 - NOA1 for I-485, I-765, and I-130s

07/16/2008 - Biometrics appointment

08/28/2008 - EAD cards received

11/20/2008 - AOS Interviews - approved

Citizenship

08/22/2011 - Mailed N-400

Filed: Timeline

Michael

Michael, as soon as she gets off the plane she will be herded to passport control with 4,000 other people who just got off their international flights. She will need to go throught the non-USA citizen/visitors line. Once she is through that and her passport/visa are checked, she will proceed to the baggage claim which is just on the other side of passport control. 15 feet maybe. Once she gets her bags, she will go through customs and she will need to tell them she has nothing to declare provided that she has nothing to declare such as excess gifts, alcohol, tobacco, etc. Once through customs she will have two choices, make a right and go to connecting flights where she will have to recheck her bags or go left and come out where all the other people are waiting for their loved ones. It's a zoo. Once she runs the gauntlet of people if she makes a left (while still at the reception area) there is an information booth. I would meet her there. If she can't call you she can give them your number and they will call you for her. I personally think it would be easier for her just to book her ticket to LAX, come out and meet you in the reception area, and then BOTH of you can go get your flight to Vegas. Going to the connecting flight means having to recheck bags, go through security, etc. It can be a pain in the butt and you never know how long you will be in passport control/customs. I have been through LAX international terminal probably 10 times in the last 12 months and it'####### or miss. BTW, Ed Bradley Terminal is the international terminal where she will be coming through. I would just have her book to LAX, meet her there, and then you two can do the rest at your own leisure. That's just my opinion.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hey,

Congratulations!!!!!

We had our POE at LAX (i'm from LA). Most likely she will have to go thru customs at Terminal "Tom Bradley". She can meet you there. You can meet her downstairs when she exits customs. Find out where her baggage carousel will be and meet her at the closest exit to her carousel only if she doesnt exit at 'tom bradley'. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I travel a lot, and always go thru LAX.

Edited by lucho562

K1

1/22/07: I-129F sent to CSC

1/23/07: I-129F packet received and signed for at 9:45A.M.!!

1/29/07: NOA1

4/27/07: NOA2

5/01/07: NOA2 Hardcopy received

5/10/07: Approval arrives at NVC

5/14/07: Leaves NVC

5/17/07: Arrives at Bogota, Colombia

5/18/07: Packet 3 faxed to Embassy

5/22/07: Packet 3 sent via courier

5/30/07: Wendy receives packet 3 (Good thing we used the shortcut)

6/04/07: Packet 4 received

7/03/07: Medical appt. scheduled

7/05/07: Interview!!!! VISA APPROVED!!!!!!!

7/09/07: Visa in hand!!!

7/11/07: Point of Entry at LAX, complete success!!!!!!!!!!

7/24/07: Married!!!

AOS & EAD

07/27/07: Filed for AOS & EAD

08/02/07: Arrives at Chicago

09/10/07: NOA1

09/11/07: Social Security card in hand

10/12/07: Biometrics appointment

10/25/07: EAD Approved

01/23/08: Interview = APPROVED

02/02/08: Green Card received...10 day turn around, not bad!!!

Removing Conditions

11/12/09: Mailed to CSC!

11/13/09: Arrives at CSC!

11/16/09: NOA1

11/18/09: Check Cashed!

12/14/09: Biometrics

01/07/10: Card Production Ordered (APPROVED)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
BTW, Ed Bradley Terminal is the international terminal where she will be coming through.

So the OP wont get confused :wacko: , Ed Bradley is the guy from 60 minutes who passed away. The terminal is Tom Bradley.

K1

1/22/07: I-129F sent to CSC

1/23/07: I-129F packet received and signed for at 9:45A.M.!!

1/29/07: NOA1

4/27/07: NOA2

5/01/07: NOA2 Hardcopy received

5/10/07: Approval arrives at NVC

5/14/07: Leaves NVC

5/17/07: Arrives at Bogota, Colombia

5/18/07: Packet 3 faxed to Embassy

5/22/07: Packet 3 sent via courier

5/30/07: Wendy receives packet 3 (Good thing we used the shortcut)

6/04/07: Packet 4 received

7/03/07: Medical appt. scheduled

7/05/07: Interview!!!! VISA APPROVED!!!!!!!

7/09/07: Visa in hand!!!

7/11/07: Point of Entry at LAX, complete success!!!!!!!!!!

7/24/07: Married!!!

AOS & EAD

07/27/07: Filed for AOS & EAD

08/02/07: Arrives at Chicago

09/10/07: NOA1

09/11/07: Social Security card in hand

10/12/07: Biometrics appointment

10/25/07: EAD Approved

01/23/08: Interview = APPROVED

02/02/08: Green Card received...10 day turn around, not bad!!!

Removing Conditions

11/12/09: Mailed to CSC!

11/13/09: Arrives at CSC!

11/16/09: NOA1

11/18/09: Check Cashed!

12/14/09: Biometrics

01/07/10: Card Production Ordered (APPROVED)

Filed: Timeline
BTW, Ed Bradley Terminal is the international terminal where she will be coming through.

So the OP wont get confused :wacko: , Ed Bradley is the guy from 60 minutes who passed away. The terminal is Tom Bradley.

I stand corrected. That's funny. I was watching a special on TV about Ed Bradley. Freudian slip. Thanks for the correction so she doesn't get lost.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wow, thanks to all for the recommendations. I am intending on meeting her at the exit of the baggage claim, so if all goes well, we will hook up there.

As a failsafe, if we don't meet there, then I asked her to find that US Airways terminal and meet up there.

I will just redouble my efforts to meet her at the initial point.

Thanks again all!

Michael

Consulate: Manila, Philippines | I-129F Sent: 2022-06-07 | NOA1: 2022-06-09 | NOA2: 2023-07-11 NVC Rec’d: 2023-08-10 | Case #: 2023-08-24 NVC Left Consulate: 2023-09-12 | Received : 2023-09-13 | Packet 3 Rec’d : | Packet 3 Sent : | Packet 4 Rec’d: 2023-09-19 | Interview: 2023-10-17 | Interview Result: Approved!

Michael

Congrats!! :dance: Ill be flyin on Aug 9th and my POE also at LAX.

K3 VISA:

09/20/06 - I-130 Sent

10/03/06 - I-129F sent.

10/10/06- I-129F NOA1

11/28/06 - BOTH I-129F & I-130 approved!!!!

12/27/06 - NVC Left case no. assigned MNL 200685XXXX

01/26/07 - Received Packet 3

02/27/07 - Received Packet 4

03/01-02/07 - Done with my Medical Appointment at St. Lukes

04/17/07 - Interview at U.S Embassy - got the blue slip..on AR

07/05/07 - Went back to US Embassy submitted new affidavit of support for my K3, we'll wait for decision, still on AR

07/24/07 - OMG!!!! I cant believe it I got my K3 Visa in hand!!!

08/09/07 - Arrival in the U.S - POE at LAX

AOS:

08/27/07 - Sent AOS and EAD

08/29/07 - Chicago Lockbox received both AOS and EAD

09/18/07 - Checks cashed 09/21/07 - NOA on both AOS and EAD

09/27/07 - Received Biometrics Appointment Notice

10/18/07 - Biometrics

10/19/07 - Received RFE

10/26/07 - USCIS received the response to our RFE

11/05/07 - EAD Card Production ordered

11/16/07 - EAD Card received

11/26/07 - Received interview notice

01/25/08 - Interview Date!!!! APPROVED!!!

04/18/08 - At long last! GC Card production ordered

04/21/08 - Email noticed welcome letter

04/23/08 - Email card production again

04/25/08 - Welcome Letter received

04/30/08 - Greencard received

congrats3.gif

And I'm wishing you both a happy reunion at LAX!

HELEN

agif003.gif

22 February 2010 - mailed the N-400 packet

02 March 2010 - Check encashed/I-797C NOA

03 March 2010 - USCIS Acceptance Confirmation via e-mail and text message

06 March 2010 - received I-797C, Notice of Action/Receipt

01 April 2010 - Biometrics Appointment (Biometrics done 4/7/10)

27 April 2010 - received I-797C/ Request to Appear for Naturalization Interview

02 June 2010 - Interview schedule

17 June 2010 - Oath Taking (Memorial Auditorium, Sacramento, CA)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.