Slim213

Is this normal ? Applied for i751 since Jan 2020

45 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 minutes ago, dwheels76 said:

I have a friend same situation (weird they are from Nigeria also and had to switch to divorce waiver). She filed one month after my husband which was June 2018. She just had her N-400/I-751 interview 2 weeks ago. Yes filed in 2018.
There's was filing  I-751, getting divorced. moving from one state to another, transferring case. But finally after many e-request finally. Still not approved still waiting for I-751 to get approved. It's like it's stuck like yours. Hang in there. Hope you don't have to file WOM.

Wow! I hope so too.Thank you 

10 minutes ago, Slim213 said:

Wow! I hope so too.Thank you 

I'd file WoM. As @Mike E said there's a great chance IO may be hoping you'll give up once all the extensions etc run out.

I wouldn't be surprized if N-400 interview results in "Decision cannot be made" due to pending I-751.

From what it seems, it's worth getting I-751 resolved to unblock N-400.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, OldUser said:

I'd file WoM. As @Mike E said there's a great chance IO may be hoping you'll give up once all the extensions etc run out.

I wouldn't be surprized if N-400 interview results in "Decision cannot be made" due to pending I-751.

From what it seems, it's worth getting I-751 resolved to unblock N-400.

Is congressional enquiry a good idea before WOM?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
17 hours ago, Slim213 said:

Applied for citizenship in April hoping it will expedite the 1751

What's the status of naturalization application, and what's your field office?

Timeline
5 minutes ago, nastra30 said:

What's the status of naturalization application, and what's your field office?

Case is being actively reviewed.West palm beach field office .

18 hours ago, Slim213 said:

it will expedite the 1751 

Just make sure to use "I-751" (not 1751 etc) when referring to your case in communication with USCIS, congressman.

Simple typo sometimes leads them to scratch their head.

Edited by OldUser

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/8/2023 at 11:30 AM, dwheels76 said:

weird they are from Nigeria also and had to switch to divorce waiver

I’m cynical about Nigerian GC cases now.

Just about every Hackinglaw episode has a Nigerian get an F1 or B1/2 visa while married.  Arrive in US divorced.  Then marry USC.  Divorce.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, manyfudge said:

I’m cynical about Nigerian GC cases now.

Just about every Hackinglaw episode has a Nigerian get an F1 or B1/2 visa while married.  Arrive in US divorced.  Then marry USC.  Divorce.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

You are entitled to your opinion.Nigeria is the most populous African nation.It’s considered high fraud because of some bad elements.There are more honest Nigerians out there.56% of black doctors in USA are Nigerians.You can’t pick out an entire country and assume everyone is dishonest.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, manyfudge said:

No doubt.

But it would be interesting to see how what % of Nigerian i130 spousal cases follow that mold.

You’d be surprised to see how many of us are genuinely married in good faith.Try to learn more about the diversity and from what particular region of Nigeria the fraud cases are emanating from before throwing the hammer at an entire nation.I rest my case sir/maam

Timeline
On 9/7/2023 at 8:46 PM, Mike E said:

I did too, until a man with a divorce waiver petition got locked up this last 

On 9/8/2023 at 12:11 AM, Mike E said:

When the LPR lies, and CBP cannot find any exit records, or entry records from CBSA or the Federales about an exit less than 181 days ago, it can start going through the phone. Lie is then caught. Lying to a fed is a felony. I-407 time if CBP is feeling generous.

All CBP has to do is hire officers with IQs of 110 to catch most lying LPRs.

Thanks for your help Mike,got interview notice today.You and @OldUser really helped a lot.I truly appreciate it 

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 10/5/2023 at 8:26 PM, OldUser said:

Good luck @Slim213!

Thanks.Got my naturalization approved yesterday.cc @Mike EThank you too

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.