AnnaDT

CEAC status "Approved", what does it mean?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Hello everyone! I had my interview on September 5th 2023 and was verbally approved. The same day CEAC status changed to "Application Received" and today it switched to "Approved" with the below text: 

"the consular officer has approved your application subject to final processing by the consular section that is necessary to issue your visa. When that processing is complete, the status will change to "Issued". However, a final screening step must still be completed prior to issuance that could lead a consular officer to conclude that you are not eligible for a visa. If that occurs, the consular officer will notify you that your application has been denied and your status will change to "Refused". 

Does anybody know what it means? I found little to no information about this CEAC status update, unfortunately, and I'm very worried it doesn't seem to happen often at all. 

Thank you 🙏

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

You posted the answer....

Q: What does "Approved" mean?

A: the consular officer has approved your application (subject to final processing by the consular section that is necessary to issue your visa).When that processing is complete, the status will change to "Issued". However, a final screening step must still be completed prior to issuance that could lead a consular officer to conclude that you are not eligible for a visa. If that occurs, the consular officer will notify you that your application has been denied and your status will change to "Refused". 

They're doing final processing and verifications. If everything is good, you'll have your Visa soon.

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Stook said:

You posted the answer....

Q: What does "Approved" mean?

A: the consular officer has approved your application (subject to final processing by the consular section that is necessary to issue your visa).When that processing is complete, the status will change to "Issued". However, a final screening step must still be completed prior to issuance that could lead a consular officer to conclude that you are not eligible for a visa. If that occurs, the consular officer will notify you that your application has been denied and your status will change to "Refused". 

They're doing final processing and verifications. If everything is good, you'll have your Visa soon.

Thank you! 

It was just a status I haven’t seen often and there’s not much online about it, so I wanted to see if anyone had some infos about it. 
Today the status changed to “Issued” and, in hindsight, I get why my question was probably very stupid.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I have the same status "approved' and same instructions since yesterday but unfortunately its still hasn't changed to issued. I am glad you got issued and hopefully ill get mine tomorrow

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Mjuve said:

I have the same status "approved' and same instructions since yesterday but unfortunately its still hasn't changed to issued. I am glad you got issued and hopefully ill get mine tomorrow

Fingers crossed yours will turn into Issued very soon!🤞

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I have the same ceac status. After interview it was Ready for few days then changed to Application received then to Administrative processing then to Approved. But in the text below first lines seem to be opposite to last lines. And searching on this forum doesnt show that this status something usual. I am getting confused😕

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Siberia said:

I have the same ceac status. After interview it was Ready for few days then changed to Application received then to Administrative processing then to Approved. But in the text below first lines seem to be opposite to last lines. And searching on this forum doesnt show that this status something usual. I am getting confused😕

Mine turned to “Issued” the day after my post! 
I don’t think it’s been used a lot before but seems quite normal.

I was extremely confused and worried too, but I’m sure everything is fine and you’ll see changes soon. 

On 9/15/2023 at 11:46 PM, Siberia said:

Hi

Received the same status. Did you get yours issued?

• 6 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.