ct38956

N-400 September 2023 Filers

469 posts in this topic

On 2/23/2024 at 5:58 PM, Faizal said:

I had my interview today. It went smoothly. Passed the interview.

same day oath was not available so waiting to schedule the oath ceremony.

I am so happy for you. Hope your Oath gets scheduled soon and you get over with for life.

Went for interview today, everything went well quick interview but then the io said no decision could be made at this time need to wait up to 6 weeks for a decision to be made. An hour later I checked my case on line & it had updated to “case has been recommended for approval” then “oath ceremony will be scheduled”. I am so confused. Do you think the io made a mistake when updating my online status? Is it possible I am not actually approved? I called customer service girl

just basically read what was written online & told me to call back after 90 days if no oath is scheduled? Has this happened to anyone before?

14 hours ago, Val2014 said:

Went for interview today, everything went well quick interview but then the io said no decision could be made at this time need to wait up to 6 weeks for a decision to be made. An hour later I checked my case on line & it had updated to “case has been recommended for approval” then “oath ceremony will be scheduled”. I am so confused. Do you think the io made a mistake when updating my online status? Is it possible I am not actually approved? I called customer service girl

just basically read what was written online & told me to call back after 90 days if no oath is scheduled? Has this happened to anyone before?

It appears that the IO re-visited his / her review after taking your Interview and recommended your case for approval followed by Oath Ceremony. Sometime they don't make decision right away and may require more time to review their decision. To me, IO made the decision but probably wanted to ask supervisor to double check if things are in order. I would say Congratulations!!!!!. You should be getting your Oath date soon.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
On 2/26/2024 at 9:55 PM, Val2014 said:

Do you think the io made a mistake when updating my online status

Congratulations, you're approved.

What MunnoTheCat said,...

USA via Scotland, South Africa, Rhodesia, Brazil, Qatar & India

2000. H1B…

2014. L1A…

2017. LPR…

2021. N400

Anyone else still waiting for an interview? I'm still waiting since Sept 18th and it seems like they skipped over me. Heartbreaking

4 hours ago, Dimmy said:

Anyone else still waiting for an interview? I'm still waiting since Sept 18th and it seems like they skipped over me. Heartbreaking

Your turn should be coming up soon. Their interview scheduling is all varies case by case. Mark08 and I both filed same time same FO but his interview was scheduled in November if iim not wrong and mine scheduled this year Feb for March.

On 2/28/2024 at 10:58 AM, PVR Bound said:

Congratulations, you're approved.

What MunnoTheCat said,...

Human is made to make mistakes but I wouldn't call it IO mistake. Their input gets checked and rechecked before it submits online.

5 hours ago, MunnoTheCat said:

Human is made to make mistakes but I wouldn't call it IO mistake. Their input gets checked and rechecked before it submits online.

Thank you all. You were right I received oath ceremony date a few days so seem like the IO had decide to approve me after I walked out of office. 
my timeline 

sept 11 submitted (5year rule through marriage but devoiced)

jan 14 interview schedule 

Feb 20 interview (interview was about 10 min. IO asked civic questions then reading & writing then asked questions of my application. Then told me no decision cab be made. I have 2 dwi’s. One from 8 years & another from 6 years pasted.
30 min after leaving status update to recommend approval 

Feb 25 scheduled ceremony 

March 10 ceremony 

good luck to all

On 3/3/2024 at 4:20 PM, MunnoTheCat said:

Your turn should be coming up soon. Their interview scheduling is all varies case by case. Mark08 and I both filed same time same FO but his interview was scheduled in November if iim not wrong and mine scheduled this year Feb for March.

Munno, I got my interview scheduled! I'm super excited! Thanks for all the support

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Croatia
Timeline
On 2/7/2024 at 12:31 PM, MunnoTheCat said:

Thanks Mark. . you are right it varies case to case. I don't wanna jinx it but i really want this process speed up a little bit and bring me to OATH stage faster lol. I want to know how long was your Interview?, was it crazy busy? any do's and don'ts. best place to read about civic test qestions?

https://www.polytripper.com/games/english/civics-test.php?fbclid=IwAR11uShVQr1JxXullZykZ5FjlAzG2BnFZcNtEfj4BfvGHjgOLW9ECGUfr30

• Arrived to USA on F-1 Student Visa on 08/16/2016
  • Submitted I-485 & I-130 on 09/25/2017
  • Approved Green Card (IR7 category) on 05/17/2019
  • Electronically submitted N-400 on 02/19/2024
  • Biometrics Reuse received on 02/19/2024
  • Interview Notice received on 04/21/2024 (interview scheduled for 06/10/2024 at Chicago FO)

Timeline

Interview was on Feb 29th. Everything went smoothly. interviewing officer was pleasant and genuinely interested in our story. No additional information was required (I brought updated tax and bank info, she said it wasn't needed) went over application to confirm information was correct, did the civics test questions and wrote the sentence in English on the tablet and got the congrats that we were approved. interview was maybe an hour. They were doing an oath ceremony at the same time, I had hoped there would be another that day but no luck. Got scheduled for oath the next morning. Came in early and ceremony lasted about 45 mins. 

On to the passport!  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Bhutan
Timeline
19 hours ago, Dynasty2019 said:

Interview was on Feb 29th. Everything went smoothly. interviewing officer was pleasant and genuinely interested in our story. No additional information was required (I brought updated tax and bank info, she said it wasn't needed) went over application to confirm information was correct, did the civics test questions and wrote the sentence in English on the tablet and got the congrats that we were approved. interview was maybe an hour. They were doing an oath ceremony at the same time, I had hoped there would be another that day but no luck. Got scheduled for oath the next morning. Came in early and ceremony lasted about 45 mins. 

On to the passport!  

Hi congratulations! I have been a greencard holder for over 20 years and finally applied for my N400! I have my interview in a couple of weeks- I m a history buff and I am pretty confident on the civics test (I think) haha, I am just nervous- could you please tell me what to expect on the day of?  Like what kind of questions did they ask? What documentsI should bring along with?

Timeline
4 hours ago, CFitz said:

Hi congratulations! I have been a greencard holder for over 20 years and finally applied for my N400! I have my interview in a couple of weeks- I m a history buff and I am pretty confident on the civics test (I think) haha, I am just nervous- could you please tell me what to expect on the day of?  Like what kind of questions did they ask? What documentsI should bring along with?

For me the day of was smooth. Actually arrived a bit late but got signed in and told to wait. My name was called after 10 minutes.  Questions were mostly how we met, if we live with anyone or just us, how our families get along, what my spouses birthday was lol, I think that was basically it besides confirming information on the application. I bought extra docs but they didn't need them just out passports, drivers licenses, and green card. I only used the civics test app to study and I was good.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Bhutan
Timeline
5 hours ago, Dynasty2019 said:

For me the day of was smooth. Actually arrived a bit late but got signed in and told to wait. My name was called after 10 minutes.  Questions were mostly how we met, if we live with anyone or just us, how our families get along, what my spouses birthday was lol, I think that was basically it besides confirming information on the application. I bought extra docs but they didn't need them just out passports, drivers licenses, and green card. I only used the civics test app to study and I was good.

Thank you!! I feel like I am making myself worry unnecessarily!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.