JojoandTomas

SEPTEMBER 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

96 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
44 minutes ago, ATCSUSNRET said:

Have you submitted an inquiry?  That is how I got case number initially.  

Thank you, I will try that today

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
59 minutes ago, ATCSUSNRET said:

I submitted DS160 this morning and registered her address.  Now we will wait for PKT3 from consulate.  

I thought after DS160 submitted you can start schedule the interview ? what is the Pack-3 included ? thanks

Timeline

This is specific to Vietnam.  I do not know about other Consulates.  

Create USTravelDocs Account and Register Delivery Address

After receiving the notification letter from the National Visa Center (NVC) which tells you that the NVC will forward the petition to our office, please immediately follow the step-by-step instructions below to create your USTravelDocs Account and register your delivery address. The Consulate needs this information in order to deliver the Instruction Package Letter (PKT3-K) as well as other documents to you.

As part of this process, you will be asked to provide your valid DS-160 barcode number. Therefore, please make sure you visit: https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/ and follow the directions on the website to complete your Form DS-160. After having submitted the DS-160 successfully, please print out the DS-160 confirmation page, which includes the DS-160 barcode number, for future use.

Step 1 – Create an account at: http://bit.ly/visa-account. If you already have an account, move to Step 2.

Step 2 – Log in to your account at: http://bit.ly/us-login.

Step 3 – After logging in, you will be taken to a Dashboard, please look at the left of the Dashboard, click on “New Application / Schedule Appointment”, and follow the instructions below:

1. Choose “Immigrant Visa”, then click “Continue”.
  2. Choose “K1 Visas – Appointment Scheduling/Rescheduling and Fee payment”, then click “Continue”.
  3. Select “K1 – Fiance or Fiancee of U.S. Citizen”, then click “Continue”.
  4. Fill in all the required fields, then click “Continue”.  Please make sure the First Name field includes both your first name and given name.  For example, if your full name is Nguyen Thi Thu Trang, please enter “Thi Thu Trang” in the First Name field and “Nguyen” in the Last Name field.  Please also make sure you enter your most updated Passport Number and please do not forget to provide your phone numbers.  These fields are very important.
  5. If you have unmarried children under 21 years old and wish for them to immigrate with you, you will be able to add them as dependents, then click “Continue”.
  6. Select your preferred delivery option, then click “Continue”.

YOU HAVE NOW COMPLETED REGISTERING YOUR DELIVERY ADDRESS. Please STOP HERE!  Log out of the system and do not take any further action. Your Instruction Package Letter (PKT3–K) will be delivered to you at the registered address. You can continue further steps after receiving the Instruction Package Letter (PKT3–K) from the Consulate

Timeline
1 hour ago, ATCSUSNRET said:

This is specific to Vietnam.  I do not know about other Consulates.  

Create USTravelDocs Account and Register Delivery Address

After receiving the notification letter from the National Visa Center (NVC) which tells you that the NVC will forward the petition to our office, please immediately follow the step-by-step instructions below to create your USTravelDocs Account and register your delivery address. The Consulate needs this information in order to deliver the Instruction Package Letter (PKT3-K) as well as other documents to you.

As part of this process, you will be asked to provide your valid DS-160 barcode number. Therefore, please make sure you visit: https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/ and follow the directions on the website to complete your Form DS-160. After having submitted the DS-160 successfully, please print out the DS-160 confirmation page, which includes the DS-160 barcode number, for future use.

Step 1 – Create an account at: http://bit.ly/visa-account. If you already have an account, move to Step 2.

Step 2 – Log in to your account at: http://bit.ly/us-login.

Step 3 – After logging in, you will be taken to a Dashboard, please look at the left of the Dashboard, click on “New Application / Schedule Appointment”, and follow the instructions below:

1. Choose “Immigrant Visa”, then click “Continue”.
  2. Choose “K1 Visas – Appointment Scheduling/Rescheduling and Fee payment”, then click “Continue”.
  3. Select “K1 – Fiance or Fiancee of U.S. Citizen”, then click “Continue”.
  4. Fill in all the required fields, then click “Continue”.  Please make sure the First Name field includes both your first name and given name.  For example, if your full name is Nguyen Thi Thu Trang, please enter “Thi Thu Trang” in the First Name field and “Nguyen” in the Last Name field.  Please also make sure you enter your most updated Passport Number and please do not forget to provide your phone numbers.  These fields are very important.
  5. If you have unmarried children under 21 years old and wish for them to immigrate with you, you will be able to add them as dependents, then click “Continue”.
  6. Select your preferred delivery option, then click “Continue”.

YOU HAVE NOW COMPLETED REGISTERING YOUR DELIVERY ADDRESS. Please STOP HERE!  Log out of the system and do not take any further action. Your Instruction Package Letter (PKT3–K) will be delivered to you at the registered address. You can continue further steps after receiving the Instruction Package Letter (PKT3–K) from the Consulate

Ah..... So the PKT3 will let us to continue schedule appointment date that  "available".

Thank You for the information. 

Timeline
33 minutes ago, ah24moos said:

Got it! Hope so. On a secondary note glad to see NVC moving so smoothly. When I was stalking the June-July-August threads the USCIS to NVC was taking 3 months. We are cruising right along!

NOA 1 Oct 4 2022

NOA 2 Sept 19 2023

NVC received Oct 6

NVC number reply on October 15

Things moving a lot faster for sure (love it) and how do you get the NVC notice.  in the mail or an App ? thank you

Hello, everyone. On October 10th, I've received the letter from NVC regarding our case being shipped to Warsaw consulate. This letter did include NVC case number as well.

Now, I'm sort of puzzled:

1) I've received new case number but no Invoice ID number to login into the system :( Can't login to CEAC.

2) Our consulate is in Warsaw, Poland, but my fiancé is Russian, right now there are restrictions on visas and border crossings due to war related sanctions (or at least that's what I've heard). Should I request a case transfer to another country?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
10 hours ago, FelixMatveev said:

Hello, everyone. On October 10th, I've received the letter from NVC regarding our case being shipped to Warsaw consulate. This letter did include NVC case number as well.

Now, I'm sort of puzzled:

1) I've received new case number but no Invoice ID number to login into the system :( Can't login to CEAC.

2) Our consulate is in Warsaw, Poland, but my fiancé is Russian, right now there are restrictions on visas and border crossings due to war related sanctions (or at least that's what I've heard). Should I request a case transfer to another country?

You don't get an invoice number, you want case status on CEAC and choose immigration, it will only ask for case number.
You can't request transfer without proof of residence in another country, I know someone who did for Serbia but submitted residence documents. I believe Russians are getting schegnan visa by essentially lying about which country they intent to use it for sadly. I would look for a russian group to chat with on how they're doing things.

I-129f filed: 2022-10-21  ||  NOA1: 2022-10-24  ||  NOA2: 2023-09-21
NVC Received: 2023-10-13  ||  NVC in transit: 2023-10-24  ||  NVC Ready: 2023-10-26 

Medical: 2023-11-24  ||  Interview: 2023-12-14  ||  CEAC Issued: 2023-12-18  ||  VOH: 2023-12-20
Entry to US: 2024-02-14 || Married: 2024-02-29

---

AOS filed: 2024-03-18 ||  NOA1: 2024-03-20 || Biometrics: 2024-04-01
EAD NOA2: 2024-04-02  ||  EAD Received: 2024-04-24
GC Approval: ...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Something seems up with 21st NOA2s that were put online on 23rd as a few seem to be getting theirs later than other 21st Sept.

Anyway, only inquired twice but
13th Oct: Received
17th Oct: case number made and received

Hoping for transit next week 

23 hours ago, ah24moos said:

NVC case was received 10/6 but not in transit for the 10/10, 10/11 ship date. Is that typical? I see someone at 10/5 was shipped around then. 

hopefully ships out 10/24, but a bit concerned. 

case number or received? There is a delay between NVC receiving your case and processing it.

I-129f filed: 2022-10-21  ||  NOA1: 2022-10-24  ||  NOA2: 2023-09-21
NVC Received: 2023-10-13  ||  NVC in transit: 2023-10-24  ||  NVC Ready: 2023-10-26 

Medical: 2023-11-24  ||  Interview: 2023-12-14  ||  CEAC Issued: 2023-12-18  ||  VOH: 2023-12-20
Entry to US: 2024-02-14 || Married: 2024-02-29

---

AOS filed: 2024-03-18 ||  NOA1: 2024-03-20 || Biometrics: 2024-04-01
EAD NOA2: 2024-04-02  ||  EAD Received: 2024-04-24
GC Approval: ...

On 10/19/2023 at 6:31 AM, AndiB said:

You don't get an invoice number, you want case status on CEAC and choose immigration, it will only ask for case number.
You can't request transfer without proof of residence in another country, I know someone who did for Serbia but submitted residence documents. I believe Russians are getting schegnan visa by essentially lying about which country they intent to use it for sadly. I would look for a russian group to chat with on how they're doing things.

Thank you for the advise. I've thought that Invoice number is needed to pay the fee. Anyway I've made the same requests directly to NVC and Warsaw consultate.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
33 minutes ago, BetsKel said:

Anyone else seeing any movement from NVC? We inquired last week and they replied they had received our case but hadn't input the information yet to generate a case number. 

We got our NOA2 on sept 25th and I emailed an enquiry and recieved a response in a few days that had my case number and everything on it. We went online this past friday night and filled out the ds-160 and there was no link to pay any fee. Now we dont know what to do, lol. I think we are still waiting for a welcome letter or an emailed bill for the bank to go pay a fee. We are kind of hanging in standby mode at the moment.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.