Mayre

Question about advanced parole..... please help!

6 posts in this topic

Since I had to renew my DACA first, I didn't get to apply for my advanced parole until June for the following dates: August 24-September 5. I canceled my flight because I'm still waiting for approval. I am wondering now, since the departure date has already passed, does that mean my approval is automatically denied or will they give me a different time window to go? I read about single use AP and multiple use AP and need help understanding the difference. Does multiple use mean that you can go other places too, or only your proposed location? Or can you go somewhere else instead? If multiple places are allowed, does that mean I can go out of the country to south America, come back to US, then travel to say Europe? Would love to hear your shared experiences to help me understand. Thanks in advance!

14 minutes ago, Mayre said:

Since I had to renew my DACA first, I didn't get to apply for my advanced parole until June for the following dates: August 24-September 5. I canceled my flight because I'm still waiting for approval. I am wondering now, since the departure date has already passed, does that mean my approval is automatically denied or will they give me a different time window to go? I read about single use AP and multiple use AP and need help understanding the difference. Does multiple use mean that you can go other places too, or only your proposed location? Or can you go somewhere else instead? If multiple places are allowed, does that mean I can go out of the country to south America, come back to US, then travel to say Europe? Would love to hear your shared experiences to help me understand. Thanks in advance!

AP is taking 8-12 months to approve, regardless of when you want to travel.   It’s best not to book tickets or have specific plans until you have it in your possession.

@SalishSea I wish I knew that sooner. I was just doing what my lawyer told me. You can submit a request without submitting booked tickets? Would they give you a short time frame to do it then or a year? 

Being my circumstances are different, not sure if you have an idea of what they'll tell me or if you think I should make a new application 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

From what I have seen DACA Advanced Parole is quicker than the regular AP we normally see on here. 90 days seems to be about the norm but as always YMMV.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Mayre said:

@SalishSea I wish I knew that sooner. I was just doing what my lawyer told me. You can submit a request without submitting booked tickets? Would they give you a short time frame to do it then or a year? 

Being my circumstances are different, not sure if you have an idea of what they'll tell me or if you think I should make a new application 

I know DACA AP is very different from someone doing adjustment of status.  Assuming there is still a need to travel and you have the proof of the exceptional circumstances, and the evidence of the travel need is still the same, I think you should wait before applying again.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

• 2 months later...
On 8/29/2023 at 9:12 AM, Mayre said:

If your requested travel dates have passed  then you would get a request for additional evidence if travel is still necessary and be allowed to request new dates.

Usually AP is for single entry only valid for dates you request. To get multi-use AP you need to specifically request one and have the necessary justification for needing it. The document says it can be used for multiple entries for as long as it is valid. As far as the countries you can visit it'll say on the document. 

Edited by purplellama

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.