stephbd

N-400 August 2023 Filers

278 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hello Everyone, 

Another August filer here. Details below: 

Green Card (Employment Based) Issued - October 30, 2018 

N-400 submitted online - August 14, 2023 (90 days before 5-year GC period) 

Received biometrics reuse letter same day. 

Still waiting for interview notice & scheduling. My guess is that those that submitted 90 days in advance of completing their 5-year or 3-year residency requirement, are going to receive interview notifications in about 2-3 months from date of filing. The actual interview and oath would only happen after the 5-year or 3-year period is fully complete, I think. So, in my case the interview would only be scheduled after 20th October, 2023. 

I will post updates as they come. Good luck to all. 

Timeline
On 9/9/2023 at 10:36 AM, skersgal said:

Hi - update from an August filer.

Greencard received June 2018 and eligible for Citizenship March 2023.

Submitted Application (online): August 23 2023

Case Actively Reviewed : August 23 2023

Biometric Reused : August 23 2023

Interview Scheduled Notice : September 08 2023

Interview Date : October 18 2023

Based out of Houston, TX. When I submitted the application, it said wait time was approximately 9 months (and still says 9 months). This is an amazingly fast turnaround. Now I have to start studying 🙂

Good luck to everyone else!

Congratulations and good luck with your interview !! I am from Houston as well and I'd love to hear about your interview experience. Thank you !! 

4 hours ago, visatransfer said:

Hello Everyone, 

Another August filer here. Details below: 

Green Card (Employment Based) Issued - October 30, 2018 

N-400 submitted online - August 14, 2023 (90 days before 5-year GC period) 

Received biometrics reuse letter same day. 

Still waiting for interview notice & scheduling. My guess is that those that submitted 90 days in advance of completing their 5-year or 3-year residency requirement, are going to receive interview notifications in about 2-3 months from date of filing. The actual interview and oath would only happen after the 5-year or 3-year period is fully complete, I think. So, in my case the interview would only be scheduled after 20th October, 2023. 

I will post updates as they come. Good luck to all. 

I agree on this. I am in the same position where i applied august 10th, 90 days before, and i cannot have interview or oath before november 6th. We can still get interview notices though before 5 year anniversary. I am just keeping my hopes high to finish everything by the end of the year or to be less than 6 months. Good luck and keep us posted!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 9/15/2023 at 3:44 PM, Selcouth said:

I agree on this. I am in the same position where i applied august 10th, 90 days before, and i cannot have interview or oath before november 6th. We can still get interview notices though before 5 year anniversary. I am just keeping my hopes high to finish everything by the end of the year or to be less than 6 months. Good luck and keep us posted!

Thanks and I hope that we receive our interview notices soon. 

My GC is on the basis of marriage, Conditional GC was approved on 03/10/2016.

I got divorced 2 months before my 3rd year (2016 June), I applied for removal of Conditions on the basis of good faith marriage and it was approved on April 15 2019 (10 yrs GC)

Filed my N-400 on August 2023, it shows 9 months wait period to complete the process, just like as other filer. 

Can some one help me if i have completed my 5 years of GC period that is required to file N-400 or should i have stayed longer to file. I have traveled out of country for 45 days, 60 days and 29 days in last 2 years. 

Any help is really appreciated. Good luck to everyone. 

11 hours ago, aneeth said:

My GC is on the basis of marriage, Conditional GC was approved on 03/10/2016.

I got divorced 2 months before my 3rd year (2016 June), I applied for removal of Conditions on the basis of good faith marriage and it was approved on April 15 2019 (10 yrs GC)

Filed my N-400 on August 2023, it shows 9 months wait period to complete the process, just like as other filer. 

Can some one help me if i have completed my 5 years of GC period that is required to file N-400 or should i have stayed longer to file. I have traveled out of country for 45 days, 60 days and 29 days in last 2 years. 

Any help is really appreciated. Good luck to everyone. 

Yes .. your good to go for application since you got your first GC in 2016. You’ve been a GC holder for 7 years now. The interviewer told me before that at least 30 months minimum your present in the US there shouldn’t be a problem for N400 approval. Good luck to you. 

8 hours ago, Jorald02 said:

Yes .. your good to go for application since you got your first GC in 2016. You’ve been a GC holder for 7 years now. The interviewer told me before that at least 30 months minimum your present in the US there shouldn’t be a problem for N400 approval. Good luck to you. 

Thank you for your help. 

Hey August filers,

are some of you that didn’t receive the interview notice yet seeing some reduction in the expected time online? 

For the September filers we saw

- people going from 16 to 10 after the biometrics reuse and case in active review.

- then people going from 10 to 9

- and now some see 7 months estimated

I was wondering if it was the same for you and how low it can get before the interview notice… Also are we certain that interview cannot be before anniversary (3 or 5 years) date?
Or is it only oath?

3 hours ago, Kupitr said:

Hey August filers,

are some of you that didn’t receive the interview notice yet seeing some reduction in the expected time online? 

- people going from 16 to 10 after the biometrics reuse and case in active review.

I was wondering if it was the same for you and how low it can get before the interview notice… Also are we certain that interview cannot be before anniversary (3 or 5 years) date?
Or is it only oath?

Hi ,mine has changed twice from 9 to 8 and from 8 to 7 this week

4 hours ago, Kupitr said:

Hey August filers,

Or is it only oath?

Mine has changed from 9 to 8 months after 2 weeks from submission and indeed got changed to 7 months as of this week (checked today).

NATURALIZATION (N400)

08/23/2023 - FedEX delivered application to Elgin Lockbox

08/25/2023 - Text message from USCIS with receipt number (IOE / digital processing)

09/01/2023 - NOA letters in the mailbox (Receipt Notice, Account Acceptance Notice, Biometric Reuse)  

11/14/2023 - Online USCIS account showed 'Interview Scheduled' update and pdf letter available for download - interview scheduled to 12/19/2023

11/20/2023 - USPS delivered interview notice

12/19/2023 - scheduled N400 interview in Orlando FO

est. time until case decision: 9 months (as of September, 2023)

est. time until case decision: 8 months (as of October, 2023)

est. time until case decision: 6 months (as of November, 2023)

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS (I-751)

08/05/2022 - Mailed ROC Packet via USPS to Carol Stream, IL (Elgin Lockbox)

08/08/2022 - USPS delivered ROC Packet to P.O. BOX 

08/11/2022 - Text message from USCIS with receipt number (YSC/ Potomac Service Center)

08/18/2022 - NOA in the mailbox ('24 months extension letter')

03/15/2023 - NOA in the mailbox ('48 months extension letter')

23 hours ago, Kupitr said:

Hey August filers,

Or is it only oath?

Hey,

Anyone correct me if i am wrong but I firmly believe that you cannot become US citizen before anniversary, but i think you can get interview notice before anniversary. 

I applied August 10th, my estimated time was 9 months and so far it dropped to 5 months until decision. Since that significant drop, i am hoping i can get interview scheduled soon. My anniversary is November 6th. 

40 minutes ago, Selcouth said:

Hey,

Anyone correct me if i am wrong but I firmly believe that you cannot become US citizen before anniversary, but i think you can get interview notice before anniversary. 

I applied August 10th, my estimated time was 9 months and so far it dropped to 5 months until decision. Since that significant drop, i am hoping i can get interview scheduled soon. My anniversary is November 6th. 

Found this on Google I didn't know this though Thank you guys for bringing this upScreenshot_20231003_122900_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d79bfc4f8fba6113b5782b169a65df1d.jpg

1 hour ago, Selcouth said:

Yes, that's what i thought exactly. I am just hoping to finish in less than 6 months, that would be awesome. And i heard Colorado is so far on point with that. 

Me too ,so hopefully I gets my interview scheduled for next month ,November 9 is my three years of LPR

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My status changed from 9 months processing time to 8 months.

My 3 year LPR completes on Nov 3rd. 1 month to go. I hope it go quick and smooth 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.