Julia & Aaron

Visa Medicals London Review

37 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

This is so helpful. Thank you so much – at this stage in the process, knowing what to expect is a real gift! Glad it all went smoothly for you.

Sent: June 13 2022

Received: June 16 2022

NOA1: June 17 2022

NOA2: June 26 2023

NVC Received: July 27 2023 (approx)

Case Number Received: August 17 2023

Timeline

Hey It was great meeting you that day! I just wanted to post something similar about how I was going in with the worry of this being some kind of horror day when in fact everyone was wonderful, sweet and kind and full of questions both making conversation to ease the tension and for the purpose of the visa.

I had been worried about my mental health history being a red flag with all of the horror stories online and I didn't even have documentation but after talking about it was told it would not affect my case.

So yeah hoping going forward that anyone who attends sees that this experience is just fine! Although I still have the bruise from having blood taken 😂

Timeline
58 minutes ago, TheGreatHB said:

Hey It was great meeting you that day! I just wanted to post something similar about how I was going in with the worry of this being some kind of horror day when in fact everyone was wonderful, sweet and kind and full of questions both making conversation to ease the tension and for the purpose of the visa.

I had been worried about my mental health history being a red flag with all of the horror stories online and I didn't even have documentation but after talking about it was told it would not affect my case.

So yeah hoping going forward that anyone who attends sees that this experience is just fine! Although I still have the bruise from having blood taken 😂

I'm really glad it went well for you! I was thinking about it on the way home and I was wondering if you'd be on these forums too, haha. Best of luck with everything else going forward!

This is so helpful, thanks for this post,

I have a question regarding the vaccines, I am from Venezuela orginially but have been living in the UK for 6+ years, unfortunately I am not able to find previous vaccinations records from back home for me and my wife (my kids will be ok since they have all had vaccines from the NHS and their record is up to date), would I need to take the vaccines then and there at the appointment?

Would any of you know many vaccines we would need?

Is it expensive?

Thanks in advance

37 minutes ago, dabursot2 said:

This is so helpful, thanks for this post,

I have a question regarding the vaccines, I am from Venezuela orginially but have been living in the UK for 6+ years, unfortunately I am not able to find previous vaccinations records from back home for me and my wife (my kids will be ok since they have all had vaccines from the NHS and their record is up to date), would I need to take the vaccines then and there at the appointment?

Would any of you know many vaccines we would need?

Is it expensive?

Thanks in advance

Hi, I am from Venezuela too, EB2 NIW.

Unfortunately you will need to get the Vaccines unless you can provide proof.

We have a few we can prove because we had done title test (checks for antibodies for certain diseases/vaccines), but we will need to have a few, such as Tdap, Flu if in winter and Hep B.

Youbalso need covid  atvleats 2 doses I believe, but that should be on the NHS app.

Ive aded the vaccine chart as a file, is up to date and is by age.

Best,

Luis M

vaccine_chart.pdf

3 minutes ago, Luis M said:

Hi, I am from Venezuela too, EB2 NIW.

Unfortunately you will need to get the Vaccines unless you can provide proof.

We have a few we can prove because we had done title test (checks for antibodies for certain diseases/vaccines), but we will need to have a few, such as Tdap, Flu if in winter and Hep B.

Youbalso need covid  atvleats 2 doses I believe, but that should be on the NHS app.

Ive aded the vaccine chart as a file, is up to date and is by age.

Best,

Luis M

vaccine_chart.pdf 186.89 kB · 0 downloads

Gracias Luis,

So that means in advance of the medical we should have this in place?

No chance to sort out what is required at the medical? If no which providers have you used for the vaccines you needed?

Thanks and regards,

1 minute ago, dabursot2 said:

Gracias Luis,

So that means in advance of the medical we should have this in place?

No chance to sort out what is required at the medical? If no which providers have you used for the vaccines you needed?

Thanks and regards,

De nada.

You can sort out before And will be cheaper at a pharmacy or travel clinic. 

But you can also have at the appointment if anything is missing, but better to have some done before as there are 4 or 5 different you need to have.

Hi! Thank you for sharing your experience.  It's very helpful. 

Just to ask, about the Police Certificate,  how long did it take for you to get it? And did you apply for it by sending them an email? It's just that I didn't receive any confirmation from them that they received my request. I feel like I'm left hanging without any updates. It said on their website as well that they discourage emailing for updates since it might delay the processing of the certificate. 

Hoping to hear back from you soon. Thank you! :)

Timeline
2 hours ago, Mary J said:

Hi! Thank you for sharing your experience.  It's very helpful. 

Just to ask, about the Police Certificate,  how long did it take for you to get it? And did you apply for it by sending them an email? It's just that I didn't receive any confirmation from them that they received my request. I feel like I'm left hanging without any updates. It said on their website as well that they discourage emailing for updates since it might delay the processing of the certificate. 

Hoping to hear back from you soon. Thank you! :)

I applied for mine during the whole cyber attack thing by sending the form via email on 12/05.

I got a confirmation email on 26/05 and it was shipped to me on 02/06 :)

Timeline
1 hour ago, Cimira said:

Hello Julia and Aaron

Thank you so much for this update, it made it easier for us who haven’t done thier Medicals. But please did you schedule your visa interview appointment or the Embassy scheduled themselves?… please looking forward to your reply

I scheduled the interview myself. The instructions letter I received said to attend the medical and then book the interview. There's a web link on the letter that tells you where to make the booking. They had appointments about 2 weeks in advance :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.