eddieg15

DS3025 not given by panel physician

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

My fiance came to the US on a K1 visa. We're getting married this week and I'm working on getting the documents needed for the AOS.

She had her medical done in Ecuador in March 2023. She had already gotten her vaccines done on her own, so the panel physician did not administer any and did not give her a copy of the completed DS3025. She has a vaccine booklet showing the date and names of all vaccines, all of which were received within the last year. is it possible that the physician included the DS3025 in the sealed packet? I'm trying to figure out if we need to see a civil surgeon here in the US so that he can give us a signed I693 instead, since we don't have a copy of the DS3025 to include with the AOS packet.

2 minutes ago, eddieg15 said:

My fiance came to the US on a K1 visa. We're getting married this week and I'm working on getting the documents needed for the AOS.

She had her medical done in Ecuador in March 2023. She had already gotten her vaccines done on her own, so the panel physician did not administer any and did not give her a copy of the completed DS3025. She has a vaccine booklet showing the date and names of all vaccines, all of which were received within the last year. is it possible that the physician included the DS3025 in the sealed packet?

Of course, that was a requirement however they are also required to give the patient their own photocopy. They are bound by the agreement that considers them panel physicians through the CDC to provide one.

You can email or call the PP and remind them of that requirement or you can even show them a copy of the requirement through email on the CDC website if they play stupid.

I'm trying to figure out if we need to see a civil surgeon here in the US so that he can give us a signed I693 instead, since we don't have a copy of the DS3025 to include with the AOS packet.

No. Don't do that. 

At worst, do nothing and wait for your interview or RFE

You are not required to provide an I693 as a K1 and you are definitely not required to submit it with your I485 for ANY adjustment class. Ensure you read the I693 instructions to see what I'm talking about.

" Both the panel physician and the applicant should be aware that the DS-3025 is the applicant’s vaccination record, and an extra copy must be provided to the applicant.  The applicant will need to provide a copy of the DS-3025 to healthcare providers, schools, and other institutions after US arrival."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
5 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:
" Both the panel physician and the applicant should be aware that the DS-3025 is the applicant’s vaccination record, and an extra copy must be provided to the applicant.  The applicant will need to provide a copy of the DS-3025 to healthcare providers, schools, and other institutions after US arrival."

Yes I saw this information as well. Unfortunately it looks as though both panel physicians in Ecuador are misinformed about this requirement. I'm part of a Whatsapp group where multiple people have been told by both doctors that they do not provide form DS3025. This mistake on their end has caused issues when it comes time to submit the AOS

Would it be sufficient to provide translated copies of my fiance's vaccination booklet?

Yes I saw this information as well. Unfortunately it looks as though both panel physicians in Ecuador are misinformed about this requirement. I'm part of a Whatsapp group where multiple people have been told by both doctors that they do not provide form DS3025. This mistake on their end has caused issues when it comes time to submit the AOS

And you've EMAILED the PP and showed them the REQUIREMENT that they MUST provide you with a copy AND you've threatened to report them to the CDC and showed them on that same page how you ycan do that easily?

And they still refuse to give you one?

You've gotta stand up for yourself here. 

Would it be sufficient to provide translated copies of my fiance's vaccination booklet?

No. That's irrelevant. If you read the paragraph above what I quoted you, you'll see that.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.