880 posts in this topic

Maybe I'm misreading it, SirL, but what you posted (the next sentence after what you bolded) seems to indicate that they eliminated the postmark requirement in favor of accepting a reliable third-party carrier's documentation.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Timeline
Maybe I'm misreading it, SirL, but what you posted (the next sentence after what you bolded) seems to indicate that they eliminated the postmark requirement in favor of accepting a reliable third-party carrier's documentation.

Ooooooooooooooh......excellent catch!

:lol: It's the old timers who throw tantrums whenever their dogma is challenged on here.

That's pretty rude. When I was new here, I used to have a bit of appreciation for those who had gone before me. I still look to those who have spent more time in the process than I have. And they didn't/don't always treat me with kid gloves either.

You really need to get over yourself.

Edited by rebeccajo

Filed: Timeline
Since when have I said one couldn't send their shipments via FedEx or UPS to USCIS? Of course one can. But with regards to postmarks, that's another story. USCIS will accept the package, but whether they accept the shipment date of UPS as the postmark date, we'll just have to see.

You can crow all you want Rebeccjo but there are plenty of government agencies who do NOT accept private carriers with regards to postmark deadlines. One is allowed to use private carriers, but their shipment dates do NOT count when applied towards postmark deadlines.

This may not be the case with USCIS, but I was simply giving a caution to the OP.

Your constant harassment of my posts are NOT appreciated. Don't stalk me wherever I go. It's getting a little weird. Perhaps I need to obtain a restraining order. :unsure:

Wow. That ban taught you nothing I see.

It is clearly stated on USCIS forms that non-USPS packages can be mailed to XYZ. So, really, the fear-mongering of USCIS not accepting them can stop.

Many of us have not used USPS & gotten by OK (with correct postmarks & all). :yes:

Yes, they did change the policy with regards to what I quoted. I specifically disclaimed: "Here is the exact concept I'm referring to for another matter. Whether USCIS applies this, I'm not certain. But this was what I was trying to warn the OP about"

As Rebeccajo states, this is for another matter, but the concept applies. There are numerous government agencies which do not accept postmark dating for anything but USPS mail. But with regards specifically to USCIS, I'm not sure what their policy is. It could be that USCIS accepts UPS/FedEX shipment dates as postmark dates. We'll see what happens with the OP's submission. I'll be happy to stand corrected if his submission and fees are accepted without objection.

AOS I-485

07/10/07 - Sent I-485 via USPS Priority Mail to Chicago Lockbox

07/23/07 - Received NOA1 in my home mailbox

08/13/07 - Received ASC Biometrics Appointment Letter in my home mailbox

08/31/07 - USCIS mailed out Appointment letter with Postmark Date 8/31/07

09/04/07 - Received actual Appointment Letter (Interivew Date 10/30/07)

09/06/07 - Completed Biometrics Appointment at local ASC

10/30/07 - Scheduled AOS Interview Appointment - Approved

I-751

08/13/09 - Sent I-751 to CSC

08/17/09 - Receipt date of NOA

09/16/09 - Biometrics

09/17/09 - "Touched"

12/15/09 - Card production ordered

12/17/09 - Approval notice sent

12/21/09 - Received 10-Year GC and Welcome Letter

N-400

08/16/10 - Sent N-400 to AZ Lockbox via USPS First Class Mail with Delivery Confirmation

08/18/10 - USPS Confirms delivery: August 18, 2010, 9:57 am, PHOENIX, AZ 85036

08/24/10 - Check #501 for $675 cleared my account @ 11:20 pm EDT

08/27/10 - Received NOA dated 8/23/10 with a Priority date of 8/18/10

09/07/10 - Received Biometric RFE dated 9/3/10 -- Fingerprint apt. schedule 10/1/10

10/01/10 - Fingerprint Appointment-- Completed

10/09/10 - Received Interview Appointment Letter dated 10/6/10 for scheduled interview on 11/09/10

11/09/10 - Interview Passed

11/18/10 - Oath Ceremony

Yes, they did change the policy with regards to what I quoted. I specifically disclaimed: "Here is the exact concept I'm referring to for another matter. Whether USCIS applies this, I'm not certain. But this was what I was trying to warn the OP about"

As Rebeccajo states, this is for another matter, but the concept applies. There are numerous government agencies which do not accept postmark dating for anything but USPS mail. But with regards specifically to USCIS, I'm not sure what their policy is. It could be that USCIS accepts UPS/FedEX shipment dates as postmark dates. We'll see what happens with the OP's submission. I'll be happy to stand corrected if his submission and fees are accepted without objection.

Your argument holds no water as it doesn't even relate to USCIS or anything remotely immgration related. :huh:

Kez clearly stated she filed the day before the last increase, using UPS & her packet was accepted. :whistle:

Edited by devilette

Where's your source on this? I wouldn't normally think that what applies in one branch applies in another, so I'm not quite sure where you brought this quote from in the first place, but here's what we do know:

A) USCIS has a box specifically for non-USPS carriers.

B ) USCIS announced formally that it would accept packages under the old fee if they had been marked by the 29th, and they didn't specify either box.

C) Kez's experience seems to indicate at least once in the past she was fine with a non-UPS carrier.

Against this we have your unsourced quote which indicates that some random department accepts third-party postmarks. I am not sure how you are getting a good argument out of this.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Sir Lancelot......

You know what I think?

I think, right here and right now, you owe me and everybody else you categorically refer to as 'dogmatic old timers' an apology.

This site is BUILT on the anecdotal experience of thousands of members. We don't stick around here for nothing you know. There are many of us whose visajourney's are essentially over yet we come back over and over, trying to help.

We might not be right in the same place emotionally (separated from our loved ones) or phase wise as those presently looking for answers. But we haven't FORGOTTEN what it was like.

It's getting increasingly tiresome to come here and be told that what we have learned has no value. And to be unable to teach those who will follow us, because they are unwilling to learn.

It is clearly stated on USCIS forms that non-USPS packages can be mailed to XYZ. So, really, the fear-mongering of USCIS not accepting them can stop.

Many of us have not used USPS & gotten by OK (with correct postmarks & all). :yes:

LOL... Ah Miss little Devilette. You of all people should talk. There must be certain members on here who are exempt from the same rules and regulations that seems to govern everyone else, and you seem to be one of them.

I've seen so many of your wise-####### posts intruding upon other innocent threads which you have no business in and you have the gulls to talk about my ban? My only conclusion is this place allows certain people to be arses and restrict the speech of others.

rebeccajo, you can simply stop stalking me and then you don't have to read my posts. The only sub-forum I visit on VJ is the AOS thread and you see me posting all over the place? Haha.. quite the exaggeration, wouldn't you say?

AOS I-485

I-751

09/16/09 - Biometrics

09/17/09 - "Touched"

N-400

08/16/10 - Sent N-400 to AZ Lockbox via USPS First Class Mail with Delivery Confirmation

09/07/10 - Received Biometric RFE dated 9/3/10 -- Fingerprint apt. schedule 10/1/10

10/09/10 - Received Interview Appointment Letter dated 10/6/10 for scheduled interview on 11/09/10

11/18/10 - Oath Ceremony

LOL... Ah Miss little Devilette. You of all people should talk. There must be certain members on here who are exempt from the same rules and regulations that seems to govern everyone else, and you seem to be one of them.

I've seen so many of your wise-####### posts intruding upon other innocent threads which you have no business in and you have the gulls to talk about my ban? My only conclusion is this place allows certain people to be arses and restrict the speech of others.

rebeccajo, you can simply stop stalking me and then you don't have to read my posts. The only sub-forum I visit on VJ is the AOS thread and you see me posting all over the place? Haha.. quite the exaggeration, wouldn't you say?

Ah, so I get patronized for daring to find fault with your 'argument' of misinformation. Lucky me! :angry:

It's really none of my business (your ban) but you brought it up yourself. And questioned the admin as well in that post.

Edited by devilette

Where's your source on this? I wouldn't normally think that what applies in one branch applies in another, so I'm not quite sure where you brought this quote from in the first place, but here's what we do know:

B ) USCIS announced formally that it would accept packages under the old fee if they had been marked by the 29th, and they didn't specify either box.

C) Kez's experience seems to indicate at least once in the past she was fine with a non-UPS carrier.

Against this we have your unsourced quote which indicates that some random department accepts third-party postmarks. I am not sure how you are getting a good argument out of this.

It seems to me certain people just like to argue just to win some useless debate.

Here is exactly what I wrote in my first post to the OP. Read it again carefully.

Hmm.. I don't mean to worry you lucho562, but I'm not sure if UPS date of shipment counts as being a "postmark" date. It's too late now and you'll just have to see if they accept your submission of the old fees or not, but I fear USCIS may not accept your UPS shipment date as an official "postmark" date. I could be wrong, and for your sake I hope I am.

Good luck.

Does this post sound like I'm insisting I'm 100% right about this? It has been my experience that many government agencies do NOT accept private carrier's shipment dates as postmark dates. So that's why I brought this up. If I'm wrong, great, the OP benefits. I was simply bringing up a mild concern and many of the same pit-bulls come out and attack.

It doesn't surprise me so many newbies complain about the old timers on here. I see it on threads everywhere and PMs to me.

Edited by SirLancelot

AOS I-485

I-751

09/16/09 - Biometrics

09/17/09 - "Touched"

N-400

11/18/10 - Oath Ceremony

It seems to me certain people just like to argue just to win some useless debate.

Here is exactly what I wrote in my first post to the OP. Read it again carefully.

Hmm.. I don't mean to worry you lucho562, but I'm not sure if UPS date of shipment counts as being a "postmark" date. It's too late now and you'll just have to see if they accept your submission of the old fees or not, but I fear USCIS may not accept your UPS shipment date as an official "postmark" date. I could be wrong, and for your sake I hope I am.

Good luck.

Does this post sound like I'm insisting I'm 100% right about this? It has been my experience that many government agencies do NOT accept private carrier's shipment dates as postmark dates. So that's why I brought this up. If I'm wrong, great, the OP benefits. I was simply bringing up a mild concern and many of the same pit-bulls come out and attack.

It doesn't surprise me so many newbies complain about the old timers on here. I see it on threads everywhere and PMs to me.

It 'sounds like' you came in spreading negative energy & useless worrying to a thread for no reason.

We 'old timers' (as you like to call anyone who has spent any time on VJ) have seen a lot & perhaps have something USEFUL to offer to offer beside arrogance, attacks, misinformation & fear mongering.

Edited by devilette

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Okay, this topic isn't getting back on track so I'm going to lock it.

ETA: I'll consult with admin about getting it cleaned up so the August filers can continue their thread. If that happens it'll be reopened with the off topic posts having been removed.

Edited by Mags

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

You guys can re-open the topic but PLEASE keep it on topic and go not argue or bicker as it will close it down again. We are all adults. If you do not like someone ignore them -- it is the most effective thing to do. We even have an ignore feature built into the forums to ignore people you do not like:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;CODE=ignore

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

If i've left anyone out, then please forgive me, but so far the August filers look this:

Username Date Sent NOA Received

lucho562 07/27/07 No

Shub 07/28/07 No

MrsAyilliath 07/28/07 No

Eff 07/28/07 No

mona_jamie 07/27/07 No

Lana Rascoe 07/20/07 No

CB82 07/27/07 No

colcols 07/27/07 No

06/27/11 - Mailed N-400 Naturalization

06/28/11 - NOA Priority Date

08/10/11 - Biometrics (Early FP 07/21/11)

08/01/11 - In Line for Interview Scheduling

08/11/11 - Got Email the interview is scheduled

08/15/11 - Received interview letter for September 19th

08/15/11 - Received interview cancellation letter

10/14/11 - Received new interview letter

11/17/11 - N400 interview - PASSED!!!

11/29/11 - In Line for Oath Ceremony Scheduling

12/30/11 - Got email that oath ceremony is scheduled

01/27/12 - Oath Ceremony - US Citizen!!!!

04/30/10 - Mailed I-751 ROC

05/11/10 - Received NOA (dated 05/03/10)

06/11/10 - Biometrics

07/13/10 - Card Production Ordered

07/22/10 - 10 year Green Card Received in the mail

07/27/07 - I-130 & I-485 Sent to Chicago Lock Box

09/04/07 - Received NOA1 for both I-130 & I-485 (Notice Date of 31st August)

11/09/07 - Biometrics

04/17/08 - Interview

04/21/08 - Received I-130 Approval Notice

05/09/08 - I-485 Approved (Email - Welcome Notice mailed)

05/20/08 - PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD ARRIVED IN THE MAIL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.