ThailandR

Obtaining a Myanmar (Burmese) Police certificate

28 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Just looking at the CEAC it shows

image.png.49bea7d5f4d31d44391151d857f32db2.png

and I am sure it showed Immigrant Visa Application prior to this, because thats how we sign into the CEAC now by using the Immigrant tab, prior to that we used the Nonimmigrant Tab to sign in and had to select a location, but under the Immigrant tab there is not that section.  I logged on using the Immigrant Tab.  

Wondering if that means something or not

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
14 minutes ago, ThailandR said:

Just looking at the CEAC it shows

image.png.49bea7d5f4d31d44391151d857f32db2.png

and I am sure it showed Immigrant Visa Application prior to this, because thats how we sign into the CEAC now by using the Immigrant tab, prior to that we used the Nonimmigrant Tab to sign in and had to select a location, but under the Immigrant tab there is not that section.  I logged on using the Immigrant Tab.  

Wondering if that means something or not

Legally K-1 is a non immigrant visa. So I would not stress over this just yet.

Timeline

Just checked the CEAC website and the status has moved to Approved

image.thumb.png.2b4271515f42b4c0dc73fceeaeb8ceda.png

The following is what was written

image.thumb.png.36a7c552862dbe7ca7a852688db27fff.png

Looks like we are just one step away from my Fiancé obtaining the K1 Visa which has been a almost 2 year process.  Keeping our fingers crossed and saying our prayers.

I am hopeful that whatever they do during the final review as stated here " However, a final screening step must still be completed prior to issuance that could lead a consular officer to conclude that you are not eligible for a visa", is just a mere formality.  

Hoping that we hear good news in the next day on the CEAC site.

Edited by ThailandR

Timeline
4 hours ago, ThailandR said:

Hoping that we hear good news in the next day on the CEAC site

Allow 10 business days. 

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Allow 10 business days. 

So you believe that it will be issued as it says Approved on the CEAC?  Thats awesome to hear.

Timeline
30 minutes ago, ThailandR said:

So you believe that it will be issued as it says Approved on the CEAC?  Thats awesome to hear.

I think it will probably be issued in 10 business days. Given the history of the beneficiary as I understand it, it is hard to imagine an extended Administrative Processing at this point. Start browsing for flights to the U.S., but pay nothing until the passport with the visa is in hand and the visa is correct. 

Start planning her first 30 days in the U.S.:

* SSN application

* U.S. mobile phone number

* Marriage license

* Marry

* Marriage certificate

* SS card in hand

* joint bank account

* state ID

* add her to a bill on a utility

* file the I-485 package

Timeline

@Mike E

Thank you for your responses.  Makes me feel calmer than I have been in the past few weeks since the interview and the aftermath as written.

How does she obtain a SS# before the AOS is completed.  She already has a US based phone which I brought back with me in February after a trip to the US to visit family and take care of some PB with my residence.  Adding her to my Savings account is the plan as well but then the issue I encounter is obtaining a California ID card for her without a SS#.  We have plans already (on hold until she has Visa in hand) for the wedding. As soon as she has the Visa in hand here in Thailand I will book our flights and then also start the preparation of the I-485 documents and the I-864, so that as soon as the ink is wet on the marriage certificate they will be filed.  We own our home in Thailand and will need to obviously put it and the vehicles into a closed up status until we can return for a holiday one day after she is processed and the AOS is completed.  I know getting ahead of the issues, taking it one day at a time.  

Timeline
6 minutes ago, ThailandR said:

How does she obtain a SS# before the AOS is completed

K-1s have a right to an SSN

2 working days after arrival, print her electronic I-94, and bring it, her passport, and her to the nearest SSA office an apply. I guess 90 percent of the time she will get an SSN in 2 weeks. 

9 minutes ago, ThailandR said:

issue I encounter is obtaining a California ID card for her without a SS#.

My K-1 wife and I are former Cali residents and went through this.

With her SSN, marriage certificate, mail from SSA, and your proof of Cali residency, she is eligible for REAL ID if she applies with 60 or more days on her I-94.

Otherwise she can get an AB-60 drivers license.

Drivers licenses are no longer a 6 month death march in Cali. Road tests are easier to schedule and the actual road test is simpler (no parallel parking for example)

If you get power from PGE they will add her to your account if she has an SSN.

To jump start her credit score: * You should add her as an authorized user to one lf your credit cards.
* She should apply for a Macy’s credit card
These will make the PGE process easier.

Timeline

So here we are, checked the CEAC site just a few ago and my Fiancé's Visa has been issued.  Thank you for the positive vibes.

image.thumb.png.42d0902d041be14c2c0c89aa0ce6a8c2.png

image.thumb.png.b6972a5479fa0e3efb59e7d4c1384e26.png 

Timeline

Congrats!

Pay heed to that second to last sentence.

Given she has victimized by the embassy improperly requiring her to get a police certificate from when she was under age 16, there is a low yet substantial probability the embassy will commit more shenanigans and revoke the visa.

So she should depart as soon as the visa is in hand. Let them try to revoke it after CBP has issued her I-94.

Timeline
54 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Congrats!

Pay heed to that second to last sentence.

Given she has victimized by the embassy improperly requiring her to get a police certificate from when she was under age 16, there is a low yet substantial probability the embassy will commit more shenanigans and revoke the visa.

So she should depart as soon as the visa is in hand. Let them try to revoke it after CBP has issued her I-94.

How long until the USTravelDocs website is updated and shows the package being mailed out.

Also trying to find out now how long the process will take at the POE at SeaTac Airport in Seattle. We will fly from Bangkok to S. Korea then to Seattle where she will enter the US and then need to fly to Portland, Oregon.  The flights I am looking at right now have either a Two and a half hour layover in Seattle or a three and a half hour layover before the flight out to Portland.

Have you heard of Visas being revoked after issuance?  Looking back at the Department of State website the instructions state "Lived in your country of nationality for more than 6 months at any time in your life".  So I can see why they asked for the Burmese Police Certificate. It is also found in the K Visa Packet formerly known as Package 3.

Bangkok-K-Visa-Instructions-English-June-2022.pdf (usembassy.gov)

Civil Documents (state.gov) Here is the section from the link

image.thumb.png.e927eb44c0a22ed9ebb1d44fd20b5035.png

Edited by ThailandR

Timeline
1 hour ago, ThailandR said:

How long until the USTravelDocs website is updated and shows the package being mailed out.

I do not know. The Rangoon embassy issued my wife’s K-1, and at the time, visas had to be picked up from the embassy and  USTravelDocs was not used.

Also trying to find out now how long the process will take at the POE at SeaTac Airport in Seattle

You will use the non citizen visitor line. Whenever I have had to use those lines at ORD or SFO, it took 3 hours juat to get to the front of the line.

Have you heard of Visas being revoked after issuance?

Yes I see it several times a year on visa journey. 

Looking back at the Department of State website the instructions state "Lived in your country of nationality for more than 6 months at any time in your life".

K-1 is a non immigrant visa.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-fiance-k-1.html#6

• Police certificates from your present country of residence and all countries where you have lived for six months or more since age 16 (Police certificates are also required for accompanying children age 16 or older)”

In my wife’s case, the “all countries where you have lived for six months or more since age 16” thing was waived, after we spent thousands of dollars getting them when Rangoon told her to get them. 

Timeline

Passport with Visa received today in the mail.  Making Air travel arrangements now.  Thank you guys for all of the assistance with the forum and help.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.