Ramirez65

Doctor Called About Medical Exam

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

My husband had his medical exam yesterday in Bogota, Colombia.  Today he received a call from the doctor's office saying the doctor needs to talk to him tomorrow afternoon (he gave him a set time) and it is in reference to his results.  Has anyone here experienced this?  What could this be??  He's very healthy, hasn't been sick in a long time, he got 4 vaccinations yesterday only because he couldn't produce his records from when he was a child, a chest x-ray, etc.  They told him everything looked good but if anything came up, they would let him know.  I'm freaking out right now.

Timeline
19 minutes ago, HaroKitty said:

u will never know until he see the doctor. 

probably about the bloodwork results. that's all i can think of

He didn't have any bloodwork done - at his age, it wasn't a requirement.  The only test he had done was an x-ray to look for tuberculosis.  He said the x-ray technicians took a long time to x-ray him because the machine had to be adjusted many times.  Maybe they need to redo them.

14 minutes ago, Ramirez65 said:

He didn't have any bloodwork done - at his age, it wasn't a requirement.  The only test he had done was an x-ray to look for tuberculosis.  He said the x-ray technicians took a long time to x-ray him because the machine had to be adjusted many times.  Maybe they need to redo them.

probably. what im saying no one will know until he see the doctor. 

• 1 month later...
Timeline
38 minutes ago, bdlucas said:

Same thing happened to my husband. He doesn't live in Bogota and said that he would like a phone call or Zoom meeting, and they never replied. I have my doubts about these calls. 

So what ended up happening to us is that the doctor saw a spot on my husband’s chest x-ray and made him go for a 3-day sputum test.  We have to wait 8 weeks for the results (we’re on week 5 now).  If it comes back negative after 8 weeks, they will issue the visa (it was approved at his interview but he was put into administrative processing pending the medical results).  How did your interview go?  Were you approved?

That could be for sputum test since the doctor was examined your husband got x ray result wasn’t really clear just be patient with it. Unfortunately you have to wait for 8 weeks to get the result hopefully the waiting is over and all come back good , they will issue visa after that, Good luck!

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Jsut78 said:

That could be for sputum test since the doctor was examined your husband got x ray result wasn’t really clear just be patient with it. Unfortunately you have to wait for 8 weeks to get the result hopefully the waiting is over and all come back good , they will issue visa after that, Good luck!

Thank you for your response.  You are exactly right my husband had to go for the sputum test.  We are on week 5 right now so we’re just waiting for the 8 weeks to be over.  His visa was approved at the interview so I hope it doesn’t take too long after the 8 weeks for them to issue it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.