NK_001

Filling for CR1 visa

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi,

I am planning to file for my wife's immigration (she is from Pakistan) for CR1 and I have obtained citizenship through naturalization. I will be submitting the necessary forms and required documents. Please let me know if there is anything else I need to provide.

Forms

Form - I130

From - I130A

Supporting documents

Urdu Nikah nama (Marriage certificate in native language)

True English translations of Nikah nama (Marriage certificate)

Marriage certificate from Nadra (certified by foreign office)

Divorce certificate (previous marriage)

Marriage photos.

Copy of naturalization Certificate

Passport Photo Copy

Thanks

Nawaz Khan

*** Moved from Bringing Family of USC forum to IR1/CR1 Process & Procedures, where topics about visa case for spouse of USC are discussed ***

46 minutes ago, NK_001 said:

Marriage certificate from Nadra (certified by foreign office)

Is the Nadra marriage certificate in English?  If not, you will need to submit a certified English translation.

48 minutes ago, NK_001 said:

Marriage photos.

Do you have other evidence of bona fide relationship?  Wedding photos may not be enough, especially if your wife will be interviewing at Islamabad, which is known to be a difficult consulate.  The strongest evidence would be evidence of time spent together in person, like passport stamps, boarding passes, hotel receipts.  For Islamabad, I recommend evidence from more than 1 trip before filing the I-130.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 6/23/2023 at 9:43 AM, Chancy said:

*** Moved from Bringing Family of USC forum to IR1/CR1 Process & Procedures, where topics about visa case for spouse of USC are discussed ***

Is the Nadra marriage certificate in English?  If not, you will need to submit a certified English translation.

Do you have other evidence of bona fide relationship?  Wedding photos may not be enough, especially if your wife will be interviewing at Islamabad, which is known to be a difficult consulate.  The strongest evidence would be evidence of time spent together in person, like passport stamps, boarding passes, hotel receipts.  For Islamabad, I recommend evidence from more than 1 trip before filing the I-130.

Yes, I have that, But I have not yet filed the case. I need to file the I-130 form to start the process, so my question is, regarding this, what other document do i need? Am i missing anything here

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
2 hours ago, NK_001 said:

Yes, I have that, But I have not yet filed the case. I need to file the I-130 form to start the process, so my question is, regarding this, what other document do i need? Am i missing anything here

Your "document" list looks complete as long as it includes any necessary certified translations.

But, you need plenty of evidence of time spent together in person, and to file THAT.....WITH the forms and documents.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
18 hours ago, NK_001 said:

pushbrk,

I spent nearly three months with my wife and have an air ticket as proof and wedding pics as well, her last name change has well.

Thanks

Nawaz Khan

That's good.  Do expect an IR1 visa, not a CR1, as the process is taking long enough you'll be married more than two years by the time the visa is issued.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 7/5/2023 at 10:59 PM, WonderingRobort said:

> Marriage certificate from Nadra (certified by foreign office)

Does marriage certificate require certificating from Nadra? I don’t see this is mentioned. How do you do it?

Marriage certificate is issued by Nadra. Does it need foreign office certification? I also don’t see it mentioned.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.