maxim

IV Fee Bill - Only my wife listed, step-son not...is that okay?

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello all,

Just received the IV Fee bill as I'm listed as my wife's agent. The bill states there should be one bill for each traveling applicant. Will my step-son not be listed? He's a minor, so I don't know if this is normal. He was listed on the I130 package.

Please respond with your experience in how the CR1 treats minors when petitioning for a wife/husband.

Thanks,

Mike

Hello all,

Just received the IV Fee bill as I'm listed as my wife's agent. The bill states there should be one bill for each traveling applicant. Will my step-son not be listed? He's a minor, so I don't know if this is normal. He was listed on the I130 package.

Please respond with your experience in how the CR1 treats minors when petitioning for a wife/husband.

Thanks,

Mike

I'm in the same situation. I sent an email to NVC but have not received a reply from them. If you find anything out please let me know!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hello all,

Thanks,

Mike

Each person must have their own I-130 for an immigrant visa. If you only filed one I-130, the step-son will need his own. Listing him does nothing. That works only with K visas.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

When we did K visas (they had to return...so we couldn't do marriage/AOS) I just listed him. So, will there be anyway to fast track a 130 through for him since my wife's 130 is approved and pending fee bill????? They can't come up separated because of custody issues.

Please God let there be an answer...

Timeline
When we did K visas (they had to return...so we couldn't do marriage/AOS) I just listed him. So, will there be anyway to fast track a 130 through for him since my wife's 130 is approved and pending fee bill????? They can't come up separated because of custody issues.

Please God let there be an answer...

They will expedite if the child is about to age out (turn 21) but if you have custody issues, that doesn't match your circumstances. You'll need to file the I-130 and wait. I would just slow down on your wife's NVC process until the son's I-130 catches up. The answer was to prepare ahead of time and read the instructions. Water under the bridge.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

If I move forward with her visa and start a new I-130 for my step-son, can she get her visa enter into the states and then return? If I understand it there aren't any travel restrictions with a CR1 like there are with a K1 (advanced parole) because she will already have immigrant status. Is there a minimum wait time here?

If we can get her squared away, then she is free to travel back and forth as wanted/needed. And my-step son would need to go through the entire I130/CR2 process.

What am I missing?

(Thanks for the advice)

Timeline
If I move forward with her visa and start a new I-130 for my step-son, can she get her visa enter into the states and then return? If I understand it there aren't any travel restrictions with a CR1 like there are with a K1 (advanced parole) because she will already have immigrant status. Is there a minimum wait time here?

If we can get her squared away, then she is free to travel back and forth as wanted/needed. And my-step son would need to go through the entire I130/CR2 process.

What am I missing?

(Thanks for the advice)

As long as they don't need to travel together the first time she comes, that will work fine. She has no travel restrictions. She'll just be leaving him behind on that first trip.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Hello all,

Thanks,

Mike

Each person must have their own I-130 for an immigrant visa. If you only filed one I-130, the step-son will need his own. Listing him does nothing. That works only with K visas.

DITTO!

File the I-130 for your step kid ASAP. Maybe try James' shortcuts with his.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
Hello all,

Thanks,

Mike

DITTO!

Confusing huh! I-130 says it's a petition for alien relative(spouse,parents, child). Step-son is not the petitioner's biological child(unless adopted) so, she/he can't be considered as alien relative. As I understand in a situation like this a minor(step-child)derives a visa from the primary applicant which is the beneficiary(spouse) who is the alien relative of the petitioner.

USCIS

02-28-2007 I-130 sent to TSC forwarded to CSC

03-06-2007 NOA1

05-24-2007 NOA2

NVC

06-25-2007 DS3032 and AOS Fee Bill generated

07-02-2007 IV Fee Bill and I-864 generated

08-13-2007 DS230 generated

08-30-2007 CASE COMPLETE

12-10-2007 TOKYO INTERVIEW

12-25-2007 US ENTRY (CHICAGO)

01-08-2008 SSN received

02-08-2008 GC received

04-30-2008 NC DL in hand

12-25-2009 GC & NC DL expiration

ROC

10-07-2009 I-751 sent to VSC overnight

10-17-2009 NOA received

11-20-2009 Biometrics sched

Hello all,

Thanks,

Mike

DITTO!

Confusing huh! I-130 says it's a petition for alien relative(spouse,parents, child). Step-son is not the petitioner's biological child(unless adopted) so, she/he can't be considered as alien relative. As I understand in a situation like this a minor(step-child)derives a visa from the primary applicant which is the beneficiary(spouse) who is the alien relative of the petitioner.

As long as the petitioner was married prior to the stepchilds 18th birthday he will have to file a separate I-130 for the stepchild.

Been there; Done that!

Yeah! Very confusing!

Obviously a child adopted isn't the biological child either!

Adopting parent has ALL the same legal obligations a biological parent does tho.

Been there; Done that also!

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline

As long as the petitioner was married prior to the stepchilds 18th birthday he will have to file a separate I-130 for the stepchild.

Been there; Done that!

Yeah! Very confusing!

Obviously a child adopted isn't the biological child either!

Adopting parent has ALL the same legal obligations a biological parent does tho.

Been there; Done that also!

Thank you for such an immediate reply. Why is that the CSC approved the petition for the primary applicant (beneficiary)without requiring the petitioner to submit a separate application for the step-child since the step-child name was mentioned on the petition letter. Was this the same thing with your case?Thank you.

KayArt

USCIS

03-06-2007 NOA1

05-24-2007 NOA2

NVC

08-30-2007 CASE COMPLETE

01-08-2008 SSN received

02-08-2008 GC received

04-30-2008 NC DL in hand

ROC

10-17-2009 NOA received

Thank you for such an immediate reply. Why is that the CSC approved the petition for the primary applicant (beneficiary)without requiring the petitioner to submit a separate application for the step-child since the step-child name was mentioned on the petition letter. Was this the same thing with your case?Thank you.
USCIS doesn't tell you who to apply for. Some peeps may not even want to bring the kid.

You do have to list all children of your alien relative [wife in this case] on the I-1-130 tho.

As per instructions I submitted 2 separate I-130s for my wife and stepdaughter at the same time .

You don't have to do both at the same time tho.

Better tho as they processed them together.

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline

USCIS doesn't tell you who to apply for. Some peeps may not even want to bring the kid.

You do have to list all children of your alien relative [wife in this case] on the I-1-130 tho.

As per instructions I submitted 2 separate I-130s for my wife and stepdaughter at the same time .

You don't have to do both at the same time tho.

Better tho as they processed them together.

Thank you again. Actually I'm the beneficiary and my husband did'nt apply for a separate petition for my child since he clearedly stated all the request on his petition letter.So, he thought that was ok. But, when he received the IV bill, he wondered why it was only one bill and my child's name was'nt there. He is planning to call the NVC tomorrow to clarify.

But as earlier filer could you kindly give an advice on what he needs to do next. Thanks again.

USCIS

03-06-2007 NOA1

05-24-2007 NOA2

NVC

08-30-2007 CASE COMPLETE

01-08-2008 SSN received

02-08-2008 GC received

04-30-2008 NC DL in hand

ROC

10-17-2009 NOA received

Timeline

Thank you. One question please. At the port of entry would you think he can come with me to the U.S as tourist ,using his Japanese passport (under visa waiver)while his petition is pending . Thank you.

KayArt

Your husband needs to file another I-130 for your son.

USCIS

03-06-2007 NOA1

05-24-2007 NOA2

NVC

08-30-2007 CASE COMPLETE

01-08-2008 SSN received

02-08-2008 GC received

04-30-2008 NC DL in hand

ROC

10-17-2009 NOA received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.