rebeccajo

"Filer" threads

189 posts in this topic

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Timeline
She didn't suggest, she demanded...without a thought of how it would affect those who take pleasure from those threads. 'Kill them!' she said 'They serve no purpose!' No, sorry dev....I'm glad the admin didn't listen to her. <----(in case it's too subtle, this is my on-topic point.)

Thank you Ewok!!!

What's going on on VJ is about people realizing that Ewok, and not them, own this site.

I think you're giving me waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much credit for having any influence around here, Lisa. And why in heavens name does it bother you so much if we ASK Ewok for something? (Re: my original post which if read IN ITS ENTIRETY was not a demand.) Does the idea of democracy bother you that much? Or do you just enjoy belaboring the point - ad nauseum - that you think none of us has anything worthwhile to contribute to site administration?

I think it's been pretty well established here that 'filer' threads have their problems. Yet, if people feel the benefit outweighs the disadvantage - so be it. That is what discussion is about. I had my say about it - it's apparently done - and I'm no worse for the wear. Why do I detect the fact that with you, it's just another little piss-take in your ongoing campaign to find fault with everything I have to say?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Like Mags said, lets stay on topic for the good of progress in this discussion. I myself am happy that we have had some consensus on a few ideas such as the welcome PM and timeline improvements :).

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

I was referring to discussion on personal issues. In any case the monthly filer topic led to a greater issue of improving organization and usefulness of the tools that are here (and possibly changes).

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Filed: Timeline
She didn't suggest, she demanded...without a thought of how it would affect those who take pleasure from those threads. 'Kill them!' she said 'They serve no purpose!' No, sorry dev....I'm glad the admin didn't listen to her. <----(in case it's too subtle, this is my on-topic point.)

Thank you Ewok!!!

What's going on on VJ is about people realizing that Ewok, and not them, own this site.

I think you're giving me waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much credit for having any influence around here, Lisa. And why in heavens name does it bother you so much if we ASK Ewok for something? (Re: my original post which if read IN ITS ENTIRETY was not a demand.) Does the idea of democracy bother you that much? Or do you just enjoy belaboring the point - ad nauseum - that you think none of us has anything worthwhile to contribute to site administration?

I think it's been pretty well established here that 'filer' threads have their problems. Yet, if people feel the benefit outweighs the disadvantage - so be it. That is what discussion is about. I had my say about it - it's apparently done - and I'm no worse for the wear. Why do I detect the fact that with you, it's just another little piss-take in your ongoing campaign to find fault with everything I have to say?

Becca, I've explained to you why I thought it was a bad idea, but it seems your peeps just want to murky up the waters with irrelevant bs. Then we get off topic and lose sight of the real issue.

Personality conflicts aside...filing times aside...who did what when and who's more qualified aside...I disagree with your original opinion. You say things that I agree with, you say things I don't agree with...on my end it's purely not personal and on a case-by-case basis.

Back on topic, I think the filer threads are fine. I think it's unneccesary to patrol them and remove every little thing that might be of use to someone else. The site should be focusing on ways to make the guides read more (how that's done I have no clue)...not putting every answer in a paint-by-numbers format. There's always cross-answers everywhere you look....and each answer is given so often, that I feel patrolling the threads and splitting them is kinda pointless from where I'm standing.

Filed: Other Timeline

Thank you Ewok!!!

Becca, I've explained to you why I thought it was a bad idea, but it seems your peeps just want to murky up the waters with irrelevant bs. Then we get off topic and lose sight of the real issue.

Personality conflicts aside...filing times aside...who did what when and who's more qualified aside...I disagree with your original opinion. You say things that I agree with, you say things I don't agree with...on my end it's purely not personal and on a case-by-case basis.

Back on topic, I think the filer threads are fine. I think it's unneccesary to patrol them and remove every little thing that might be of use to someone else. The site should be focusing on ways to make the guides read more (how that's done I have no clue)...not putting every answer in a paint-by-numbers format. There's always cross-answers everywhere you look....and each answer is given so often, that I feel patrolling the threads and splitting them is kinda pointless from where I'm standing.

I'll hold you to that 'it's not personal' thing.

Now on topic - if good info was split out - what would it hurt?

PS - I don't have 'peeps'. My opinions are my own - just like Dev's, Tracy's, Stina's, or anyone else's is theirs.

Edited by rebeccajo

Filed: Timeline

Your opinion, of course. As one who has been thru both K1 and AOS, I see misinformation in those threads & hysteria being spread. That is not good for any site. It's even worse than not reading the guides, as it is MISinformation.

Allowing them to continue (in their current state anyhow) only weakens the site as a whole.

Edited by devilette

I just read through this whole thread, and my head hurts.

First, I am an "elitist" July filer. SirLancelot merely said that anyone who sends their packet in AFTER July 25 will most probably have an August NOA1 date. If they end up having a July NOA1 date, he would add them to the list. Two people maintain the list, and it was very informative for me to see when people sent, when they were received, NOA1 date, biometrics, etc. We're also waiting for our information to be updated on the system... would you want to see separate threads for "I'm not in the system yet, and I'm a July 3 NOA1 date!"?

And as in any thread, sometimes there is incorrect information, but someone always steps in with the correct information. You "filer thread killers" seem to read through all the "filer" threads anyways, so you're there to help those who don't have all the answers.

I like my July Filer thread. I have something in common with these folks now, and it's nice to see familiar "faces" in there with words of encouragement.

Like Ewok said, there are four or five active "filer" threads in AOS. They're pretty long, yes, but clearly they're helping people.

Remove Conditions

08-19-2009: I-751 Sent to VSC

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline
I just read through this whole thread, and my head hurts.

First, I am an "elitist" July filer. SirLancelot merely said that anyone who sends their packet in AFTER July 25 will most probably have an August NOA1 date. If they end up having a July NOA1 date, he would add them to the list. Two people maintain the list, and it was very informative for me to see when people sent, when they were received, NOA1 date, biometrics, etc. We're also waiting for our information to be updated on the system... would you want to see separate threads for "I'm not in the system yet, and I'm a July 3 NOA1 date!"?

And as in any thread, sometimes there is incorrect information, but someone always steps in with the correct information. You "filer thread killers" seem to read through all the "filer" threads anyways, so you're there to help those who don't have all the answers.

I like my July Filer thread. I have something in common with these folks now, and it's nice to see familiar "faces" in there with words of encouragement.

Like Ewok said, there are four or five active "filer" threads in AOS. They're pretty long, yes, but clearly they're helping people.

Ditto to what Botonparis said. I also just finished reading the 9 pages of this thread and am also in the July filer tread. It is helpful to me but is not my only source of info. I use the search when needed and also post as needed. But the filer htread was of importance to me recently to know that I wasn't the only one not in the system on the uscis website. It took almost a month to get listed. So to see what was happening with others in the same time frame was most helpful. Also at times I take a peek at the May and June filer to get a sense of what might be happening for me down the road. I'm also try to be aware of who is in my area/location to try to get a sense of things as well.

Is there a way of searching for AOS people with similar timelines that are going through the same district offices?? As that would be very helpful.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
Is there a way of searching for AOS people with similar timelines that are going through the same district offices?? As that would be very helpful.

As an "old timer" this is what I was going to bring up. Before the demise of the older site, there used to be separate threads for each district office. I don't know why this seems to have been eliminated but that was very helpful to see posts about the particular office one would be dealing with. If one is following all centers then it really doesn't help to see what another district office is processing; it's apples and oranges. Of course there would be an additional CSC-transferee required, since that wasn't really being done until more recently (than when we were going through it).

As for the "monthly filer" K-1 threads, I don't read those and I don't know if the encompass all service centers or if they are separated as they used to be in the "old days" by service center. If the thread is bundled together with all service centers I really don't see what benefit it would serve. When the ones for NSC, TSC, etc were separated you could get a good idea of what to expect and meet others going through your service center. That's how I met my fellow NSC parolees-turned-naked dancers :dance:

1-21-09 Getting Naturalization documents together.

smiley-995.pngsmiley-996.png

Disclaimer: i dunno nuthin bout birthin no babys, or bout imugrayshun.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

filter for your DO. Far more informative than any filer thread.

I just figured this out on my own - then I saw your post! thanks - since I'm not up to that stage of local offices - it hadn't occured to me til now to to do a local office search - yes this is helpful - but it is dissapointing in that not many people fill in their timeline. Everyone wants info but but no one whats to take the time to input the info to help themselves and other! But if I hadn't read this thread I'm not sure if I would of figured out what to do.