TBoneTX

The Big IR-1/CR-1 DQ'd Message Group (Part V)

798 posts in this topic

Also, I drove down to the border to enter as an immigrant for the first time and have my immigrant visa stamped, I then immediately drove back to Canada. And 3 days later I flew into the US and showed the border agent my stamped immigrant visa, no problems at all. No need to wait for the physical green card to leave and re enter the USA, your stamped immigrant visa is your temporary green card.

7 hours ago, hawaiicostco said:

Update: Entered the US 4 days ago and went to the local social security office this morning. I showed them my passport and stamped immigrant visa. They gave my SSN on the spot.

That’s awesome! I tried to get my drivers license with just the stamp and they put me into a SAVE verification check. Ugh. 

Which receipt number do I use to track the status of getting the physical green card?   We have a receipt number from when we originally filed the I 130 and then I got a different receipt number from when I paid my immigrant fee.  Not sure which one to use. The I130 one just shows a status of case sent to NVC and the fee one just shows immigrant fee paid.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 1/25/2024 at 7:18 PM, craigbeauch said:

Ok. The person on reddit is telling me this is what the form needs to say. Mine doesn't say this. 

IMG_5685.JPG

Mine also says this -- my interview was on December 18th 2023. I got a 221g because my medical results were late (got there a day after the interview). My visa was approved 6 weeks after (2nd February 2024). 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 2/3/2024 at 10:04 AM, Shades8 said:

Which receipt number do I use to track the status of getting the physical green card?   We have a receipt number from when we originally filed the I 130 and then I got a different receipt number from when I paid my immigrant fee.  Not sure which one to use. The I130 one just shows a status of case sent to NVC and the fee one just shows immigrant fee paid.  

Do you have a MyUSCIS account?  You can track from there.  Also, sign up for USPS Informed Delivery.  I could see the envelopes from USPS before I was notified by USCIS.  Otherwise, it will be the one you paid the fee with.  The I-130 is essentially the past - you've moved onto the DS-260 and now have the I-551.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

19 minutes ago, mam521 said:

Do you have a MyUSCIS account?  You can track from there.  Also, sign up for USPS Informed Delivery.  I could see the envelopes from USPS before I was notified by USCIS.  Otherwise, it will be the one you paid the fee with.  The I-130 is essentially the past - you've moved onto the DS-260 and now have the I-551.  

Ok thank you! I did sign up for account but it’s asking me to request an online access code to add my case. I will use the payment receipt to keep tracking we already have USPS informed delivery.  Thank you so much! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello, I am new to this forum and hope someone can help me. I am a German citizen, Canadian PR married to an American citizen (also Canadian PR). My husband got a job in the US and moved back there end of August 2023. He had an appointment with the US consulate in Calgary on August 3rd and dropped off the I-130 and nearly all civil documents including certified translations (the only document which was missing was the German police certificate) and paid the fee. Everything was mailed to Montreal and I was instructed (Packet 3) to fill out the DS-260 form which I did on August 22, 2023. On August 29, 2023 I sent the DS-260 confirmation page, copy of my passport and the copy of the checklist of documents for the interview back to the consulate in Montreal. The CEAC Visa Status Check  says "Case Created: August 1, 2023" "Case is currently at Montreal" and Case Last Updated: September 5, 2023 - which update says READY your case is ready for you to schedule an interview at the US Consulate General Montreal. ...... Otherwise, please wait until you have been notified of your interview appointment."

We assumed that this means our DQ date is September 5, 2023. We have seen on this Forum and on Reddit that applicants with later DQ dates have received their interview already while we are still waiting. We understand that our PD is only August 1, 2023. We reached out to the Consulate in Montreal on December 21, 2023 and received a response on January 8 saying that our "case is currently pending review by a consular officer. As soon as the review is complete, the Visa Unit will advise of the next steps if anything else is needed to continue processing the case". We also contacted NVC and were told that our case number (MTL2023XXXXXX) is not a NVC case number and need to contact the Consulate directly. We also never uploaded any documents to NVC and never received an email from them other than the DS-260 confirmation. 

When reading the steps online, we do not seem to fit into the process unless we misunderstand something. Is anyone able to confirm that we have been indeed DQ'd on September 5, 2023 and if there is anything else we should do. Thank you in advance for anyone who can share their experience and expertise.  

On 2/3/2024 at 3:23 PM, Blue473 said:

Mine also says this -- my interview was on December 18th 2023. I got a 221g because my medical results were late (got there a day after the interview). My visa was approved 6 weeks after (2nd February 2024). 

My husband got a 221g at his Interview on December 13, 2023. He then got notification to send in his passport on January 16th. "We are writing to request the following documents to move forward with you immigration visa application - Passport" How long from when they received your passport to when you got it back in the mail? They have had his for 2 weeks and his visa status has not changed since January 16th.

On 1/25/2024 at 8:34 PM, craigbeauch said:

I don't know what difference it makes either, but this guy is adamant that the pictured one is what I need. This is what mine says. 

I am now very stressed.

Screen Shot 2024-01-25 at 8.31.47 PM.png

It brings my great joy to inform everyone that my new and corrected Police Check arrived in the mail today. The day I'm flying to Montreal for my interview. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.