TBoneTX

The Big IR-1/CR-1 DQ'd Message Group (Part V)

798 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Leo The Great said:

Yes - you get one printout as you mentioned after interview.

One generic information paper (Not specific to case) will be delivered with passport that indicates how to pay Green Card fee and other info etc. 

And this print out after the interview did it have personal information with your A number and other information? Because my parents never got anything like this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, mam521 said:

You'll need to follow the instructions and tag @Hawk Riders to be added.  People haven't been following the instructions, therefore Hawk Riders hasn't had the data to include on the spreadsheet.  

...Hawk Riders also hasn't been spending a lot of screen time in a stationary location to readily play spreadsheet games. 

All message tags are noted though! 

Canadian Hawk Rider is meant to have a N400 decision Monday per USCIS acct...

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

2 hours ago, kpmartini said:

did you guys receive a paper with your A number and all that information after the interview or did it come with your delivered passport in the mail? 

The A-number will be printed on the visa itself, labeled as "Registration Number".  More info here -- https://www.uscis.gov/forms/filing-fees/uscis-immigrant-fee/immigrant-fee-payment-tips-on-finding-your-a-number-and-dos-case-id#VisaStamp

3 minutes ago, Chancy said:

The A-number will be printed on the visa itself, labeled as "Registration Number".  More info here -- https://www.uscis.gov/forms/filing-fees/uscis-immigrant-fee/immigrant-fee-payment-tips-on-finding-your-a-number-and-dos-case-id#VisaStamp

What about the DOS case number? Is that also on the visa? They never got a print out or anything with that information

Nevermind. Looked at that link.. apparently also on the visa stamp. Thanks 

Edited by kpmartini

So we got the passport back through Purolator today. It took a total of five days including the weekend.

Now, how the heck do you guys create a USCIS account for your parent? We never received any online account number (OAN) and I’m not sure if anyone can help me out with this. Wanted to track the green card processing. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
18 hours ago, Codermonk said:

Monthly post of “who’s got a guess when the next batch of letter drops?”

Patiently waiting.... DQed early October so hoping we are in this batch. 

Timeline
52 minutes ago, craigbeauch said:

You and me both. DQ'd Oct 3. Saw some posters in the last batch that were DQ'd in early to mid September. Hopefully we get an email this week!

I agree! I think I saw all the way to September 18th so I am hoping mid-September through mid-October are captured in the next set!

Timeline
On 12/15/2023 at 11:29 AM, Hawk Riders said:

...Hawk Riders also hasn't been spending a lot of screen time in a stationary location to readily play spreadsheet games. 

All message tags are noted though! 

Canadian Hawk Rider is meant to have a N400 decision Monday per USCIS acct...

And?  Inquiring minds want to know how the N400 went!

Just actually got back from USPS, applying for Kid1 & Kid2's US passports.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Timeline
3 hours ago, mam521 said:

And?  Inquiring minds want to know how the N400 went!

Just actually got back from USPS, applying for Kid1 & Kid2's US passports.  

Oh, it was hilarious:

"Your case is taking longer than expected to process. You will be notified if you need to take any action."

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Canada.gif

Quote:

On 12/7/2023 at 10:39 AM, GCPeace said:

We received the same on Nov. 30 (same day as you), even though we were DQed Nov. 16. We were confused and asked our lawyer and they said it was likely a glitch and they will keep an eye on our file. We were wondering if you heard back from NVC on this issue after submitted your query? Thanks so much for sharing!

I did reach out to the NVC and they just confirmed that we are DQed back in October and its waiting in line at the Consulate. I think they just send updates like this sometimes

A: Thanks so much for letting us know and following up. We feel much more assured now that it was, in fact, a glitch in the system.

All the best to you in the process!

Edited by GCPeace

Timeline

There has been a bit of a change for my husband and I - we just had a baby.  Should I upload info about the baby on CEAC in anticipation of my interview?  I was thinking birth certificate, CRBA filing, and  a photo of us all three? 

Edited by MRJ9987

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.