TBoneTX

The Big IR-1/CR-1 DQ'd Message Group (Part V)

798 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
12 minutes ago, NorthnerSouth98 said:

My attorney said to still go at the original time, I’ll keep you all updated. 

These last 48 hours have been tough, very anxious/nervous! 

I would do the same, honestly. The worst they can tell you is to come back if you're early. You don't want them to be like "You're late. Sorry bye"

Timeline
5 hours ago, NorthnerSouth98 said:

My attorney said to still go at the original time, I’ll keep you all updated. 

These last 48 hours have been tough, very anxious/nervous! 

That's so weird that you got one too and so close to your appointment! Ah! Keep us updated on what happens! My appointment is a few weeks after you. I think your lawyer and @llcoolwil is right in going to the early appointment anyways but curious as to what they have to say about it. 

Timeline
36 minutes ago, Leo The Great said:

@llcoolwil

Do we need to take photographs to medical examination

• Five (5) passport-sized color photographs (taken less than 6-months ago and date-stamped)

Depends on your doctor. I sent a picture digitally to the medical doctor I went to. No need for physical copies. 

Just got DQ’ed today! I have a couple questions

1. Do I wait for the IL or should I start some of the medical stuff now?  I saw mention of immunity tests, I don’t have all my really old vaccine records, so is this something, I will need to do? 

3. My passport expires in March ‘24 so there is no way I’ll have 6 months left by the time I have an interview, can I just show up with a new passport (and bring the old one), should I just submit a copy of the new one to CEAC site before the interview? 

2 hours ago, Shades8 said:

Just got DQ’ed today! I have a couple questions

1. Do I wait for the IL or should I start some of the medical stuff now?  I saw mention of immunity tests, I don’t have all my really old vaccine records, so is this something, I will need to do? 

3. My passport expires in March ‘24 so there is no way I’ll have 6 months left by the time I have an interview, can I just show up with a new passport (and bring the old one), should I just submit a copy of the new one to CEAC site before the interview? 

1. You may start with immunity tests to see what vaccinations are needed. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Leo The Great said:

I also emailed the digital picture and my appointment is with Dr. Lyndon, Toronto

Then nope! You don't need the 5 photos.

2 hours ago, NorthnerSouth98 said:

@HaeZee @llcoolwil

Arrived at 7:30, already a line of a dozen people by the time I was there. I had in fact been switched to 11:30 despite what my original appointment letter said. 

Back at the hotel to kill a few hours! 

keep you posted 

Oh wow!! That's so insane that it was changed. But glad you were able to get that confirmed when you got there! Sending all the good vibes!! 

2 hours ago, llcoolwil said:

Then nope! You don't need the 5 photos.

Oh wow!! That's so insane that it was changed. But glad you were able to get that confirmed when you got there! Sending all the good vibes!! 

221g (White) which we kind of figured might happen. I worked unauthorized on my student visa at 2 summer jobs, this is why we engaged an attorney and verified that unauthorized work was forgiven for the spouse of US citizens. I was honest about it and disclosed it in my work history.  The CO kept my passport and said she wanted to approve my visa but she needed to confirm I didn’t have any ineligibilities. 

The whole process was quite quick and I was in and out in about an hour! 

Now we wait some more but feel relieved. 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, NorthnerSouth98 said:

221g (White) which we kind of figured might happen. I worked unauthorized on my student visa at 2 summer jobs, this is why we engaged an attorney and verified that unauthorized work was forgiven for the spouse of US citizens. I was honest about it and disclosed it in my work history.  The CO kept my passport and said she wanted to approve my visa but she needed to confirm I didn’t have any ineligibilities. 

The whole process was quite quick and I was in and out in about an hour! 

Now we wait some more but feel relieved. 

Oh man!! I'm so sorry you got that! Thankfully it wasn't too surprising though from how you made it sound. I hope this goes quickly and is smooth sailing!! The good news is that she kept the passport! 

Just now, llcoolwil said:

Oh man!! I'm so sorry you got that! Thankfully it wasn't too surprising though from how you made it sound. I hope this goes quickly and is smooth sailing!! The good news is that she kept the passport! 

Yeah it most definitely was not something we concealed or tried to hide! The person infront of me at the same window also got a 221g (white). 

But yes hoping the passport being kept is a good sign. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, NorthnerSouth98 said:

Yeah it most definitely was not something we concealed or tried to hide! The person infront of me at the same window also got a 221g (white). 

But yes hoping the passport being kept is a good sign. 

Three people back to back in front of me were flat out denied. It was awful. But that being said...one of them left 3 of the required docs at home (from what I could hear from the waiting room) Sooo there's that lol

13 minutes ago, llcoolwil said:

Three people back to back in front of me were flat out denied. It was awful. But that being said...one of them left 3 of the required docs at home (from what I could hear from the waiting room) Sooo there's that lol

You’re not going to believe this… just checked our status. 

Visa issued, god bless. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, NorthnerSouth98 said:

You’re not going to believe this… just checked our status. 

Visa issued, god bless. 

YASSS!!! That's amazing! Even mine that was approved on the spot didn't say issues until I got courier notification haha. Amazing!! CONGRATS!!! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.