JojoandTomas

JUNE 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

294 posts in this topic

Welcome and Congratulations on your approval!

This thread was created for those who are waiting for their NOA2  K-1 case assignment from NVC and then tracking your case onwards to your Embassy.  

A few helpful NVC links:

NVC phone number is  (603)334-0888

🚨  Please note:  They are currently NOT answering queries over the phone! 🚨

They are answering through the below email :

➡️  NVCinquiry@state.gov ⬅️

Once you’ve received your NVC case number you can track your case online using the following link, until it is sent to your embassy:

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?App=IV

If you need to submit an inquiry, change an address , or need to update your info in anyway NVC also has a public inquiry form where you can submit your request as well as other requests:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html

Also, inside the attached PDF below are a few tips, tricks and hacks to help you along the way.

These are items that everyone asks for, so they have been very helpfully put together by senior VJ Member Greenbaum for you to refer to when necessary. If you are new to this thread, please read these first as these are the most asked questions.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nfin98c33IEpB0T0FlURERriblYmlm5O/view?usp=sharing

NVC sends petitions to the embassy every two weeks on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. A FB group has created a shipping chart for 2023 that you can use to track when the next shipment date will be. It seems to line up with all the dates I’ve seen so far so I think it’s accurate and will include it below.

5E9C63F7-F394-46C6-A287-5F6F86AF4280.jpeg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi,

Hoping NVC will move quick again for us. Right now looks like at least 60+ days.

Thanks for the above guidance on our next steps:)

Edited by Eddie101

3 hours ago, fellaamazing said:

Alright, so what is the estimate looking?

We got NOA2 on 6/6/23. I assume they will either send it to NVC on 6/20 or 6/21? or 7/4 or 7/5? Or they already sent on 6/7?

And what's the current estimate for NOA2 to embassy?

That is not quite right. I don’t think your petition will go on any of those dates. You just got approved and it takes 30 days just for nvc to receive your case ( sometimes even longer) , then they will enter it into their system and assign a case number. Once you have that case number assigned, then you can begin to look at that calendar and figure out when it may be shipped next

Timeline
12 hours ago, fellaamazing said:

Alright, so what is the estimate looking?

We got NOA2 on 6/6/23. I assume they will either send it to NVC on 6/20 or 6/21? or 7/4 or 7/5? Or they already sent on 6/7?

And what's the current estimate for NOA2 to embassy?

Well, the sending dates there are from NVC to US embassies.
Checking the current stats and previous months, it currently takes about 60+ days to get the file from USCIS to NVC. NVC itself
requires about 21 days to process data. So something like at least 90+ days before the files shows up at the embassy.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

i just got my I-797! i find it interesting they still say to wait 30 days before contacting NVC when they know full well it’s taking 60 days. the notice date on the letter is also 2 days before it got updated online. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Just got it in the mail today. Interesting that they say they have sent.. Does it mean, it's NVC that might take 60 days to process that into their system?

image.png.d234c15c648a8d8a12f1197ebb85a0d4.png

Another thing, with this timeline, do you think they will schedule interview before October 4th?

image.png.53165f5558f14afe252f91724f9d1345.png

Timeline
1 hour ago, fellaamazing said:

Just got it in the mail today. Interesting that they say they have sent.. Does it mean, it's NVC that might take 60 days to process that into their system?

image.png.d234c15c648a8d8a12f1197ebb85a0d4.png

Another thing, with this timeline, do you think they will schedule interview before October 4th?

image.png.53165f5558f14afe252f91724f9d1345.png

It looks like there is a bottleneck on the NVC intake. Previous months took roughly 60 days to get it there.

Getting an interview by October could be tough, depending on the consulate.

Timeline

Got Approval Today,

NOA 1 May 13 2022.

NOA2 June 13-2023.

Another wait starts, but hopefully this will be very short One!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, Sha-Lee88 said:

Hold your horses, kiddos.

I got my NOA2 on March 14th, and STILL don't have an NVC case number. The reality is that you are still in for a wait.

I'm expecting 3-5+ months wait by the end of the year. Good luck to everyone going forwards :( Its increasingly clear that any improvements made at CSC will be zeroed out or even made worse at NVC and consulates

Edited by Vulpis

Timeline
8 hours ago, Sha-Lee88 said:

Hold your horses, kiddos.

I got my NOA2 on March 14th, and STILL don't have an NVC case number. The reality is that you are still in for a wait.

That's so annoying. When we started this journey NOA2 to NVC2 was 30 days.
Now it's more like 60+ days and probably takes another 5+ months until finish line.
This is a marathon.

Timeline
19 hours ago, Vulpis said:

I'm expecting 3-5+ months wait by the end of the year. Good luck to everyone going forwards :( Its increasingly clear that any improvements made at CSC will be zeroed out or even made worse at NVC and consulates

Eventhough I got NOA2 on 6/5, I did fill out my congressman's immigration form to ask them to increase staffing at NVC to reduce backlog.

The congressman is republican though. His staff member was trying to keep giving me generic answers about covid backlogs and what not. I explained to her about the data and how USCIS backlog is finally getting better based on case approvals and how someone from May NOA1 got approved right after mine, when I had March NOA1. She kept giving me excuses that every case is different, and the others might have got escalation, and since my data is not based off of .gov site, it can't be reliable. I educated her, that all the escalated cases were resolved within first few months. They didn't need to take a whole year to resolve. Anyways she did finally understood. She kept telling me that congressman keep reminding people need to get back to work, including immigration. I told her, that's super generic statement and I want him to speak about NVC now since USCIS already have the staff now.

So she finally agreed to ask the congressman to include NVC in his statement.

Anyways, she said she won't try to expedite my NVC case since 30 days haven't passed since NOA2.  So I have to call again on 30 day mark.

I encourage you and everyone whose 30 day marks are passed, to start calling their congressmen. The more cases congress has, we might get some better results.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.