Kelmo

Reschedule appointment at Montreal and other changes in conditions

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

CR1 applicant. I have missed my appointment at Montreal embassy and sent them a request via the US DOS website. They accepted my request and I received a notification that I can re-schedule my appointment now. Everyday when I log into the website it says no appointments available. Is there a hack to this?

Further, I have two major changes happen since we submitted the documents at NVC stage. 1. The petitioner (my husband) moved to Canada as a PR and started living with me. The intention was that this is temporary and once we get through the US immigration process we would go back to US. I have read through the domicile requirements and understand that we need to prove that he intends to re establish his domicile by the time I move. We have bank accounts, active US credit cards, investments, emails to potential employers etc. We can also ask his father to document that we will live with him when we move. 2. I have become a Canadian citizen. When we started the application I was an Indian citizen and used my Indian passport details. Now that I am a Canadian I need to give up my Indian citizenship (india doesn’t allow dual). I would like to use my Canadian passport for the green card stamping when I go for the interview.

I am wondering at this point do I have to send info about these two changes to Montreal embassy in advance of rescheduling the interview ? If yes, to whom, and if I can ask them to reschedule the interview for me as I am not able to find any availability?

I have not completed my medical, and would need the interview scheduled at least a few weeks out to be able to complete that. So far I haven’t seen any appointment become available, but wondering if they become available on shorter notice. 

thanks 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Canada is particularly focussed on the petitioner having a US domicile so that could be an issue.

Consulate is busy so lots of people looking for interview dates. Keep checking.

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

On 5/29/2023 at 8:37 AM, Kelmo said:

CR1 applicant. I have missed my appointment at Montreal embassy and sent them a request via the US DOS website. They accepted my request and I received a notification that I can re-schedule my appointment now. Everyday when I log into the website it says no appointments available. Is there a hack to this?

Further, I have two major changes happen since we submitted the documents at NVC stage. 1. The petitioner (my husband) moved to Canada as a PR and started living with me. The intention was that this is temporary and once we get through the US immigration process we would go back to US. I have read through the domicile requirements and understand that we need to prove that he intends to re establish his domicile by the time I move. We have bank accounts, active US credit cards, investments, emails to potential employers etc. We can also ask his father to document that we will live with him when we move. 2. I have become a Canadian citizen. When we started the application I was an Indian citizen and used my Indian passport details. Now that I am a Canadian I need to give up my Indian citizenship (india doesn’t allow dual). I would like to use my Canadian passport for the green card stamping when I go for the interview.

I am wondering at this point do I have to send info about these two changes to Montreal embassy in advance of rescheduling the interview ? If yes, to whom, and if I can ask them to reschedule the interview for me as I am not able to find any availability?

I have not completed my medical, and would need the interview scheduled at least a few weeks out to be able to complete that. So far I haven’t seen any appointment become available, but wondering if they become available on shorter notice. 

thanks 

Unrelated but how does one miss their interview after waiting months for this process to finish…

2 hours ago, NorthnerSouth98 said:

Unrelated but how does one miss their interview after waiting months for this process to finish…

People get sick, get into accidents, have family emergencies...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.