Ali99725

Wait Times after DQ at US Embassy Doha, Qatar

22 posts in this topic

Hello, everyone! 

I've been wondering about the time it takes NVC to schedule an interview for CR1/IR1 cases at Embassy Doha in Qatar. My spousal case got documentarily qualified (DQ) on April 26th, 2023, and I haven't heard from NVC ever since. How long does it take them to schedule an appointment?

Please share your timeline if your spousal case was processed in Embassy Doha.

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Petersaad1 said:

Curious as to how Visajourney gets all this data. Does the system solely rely on immigration timeline entries?

OP asked if any one on visa journey has a recent Doha timeline, and I showed that the answer is no

40 minutes ago, MikeRo said:

are there any plans to waive the interviews?  I am hearing that some people are going for VFS for fingerprinting only

Are you sure they're not applying for non-immigrant visas? Those are being waived for some people - https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/important-announcement-on-waivers-of-the-interview-requirement-for-certain-nonimmigrant-visas.html

On 6/5/2023 at 8:48 PM, appleblossom said:

That's right, I am refering to immigrant visa.  DOS has extended the visa waivers to IVs.  However,  I was referring to other IV applicants who have not had IVs before.  I hope the rumors are right, i.e. VFS for fingerprints.  

24 minutes ago, MikeRo said:

That's right, I am refering to immigrant visa.  DOS has extended the visa waivers to IVs.  However,  I was referring to other IV applicants who have not had IVs before.  I hope the rumors are right, i.e. VFS for fingerprints.  

Not heard of that, only know of the previous waiver that was for those who were affected by Covid restrictions. We have our IV interview in a month so sadly ours hasn't been waived (although we did have our non-IV visa interview waived, so can't complain too much!). 

Do you have an official link with that info? 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.