MariandSyed

Transfer of Embassies

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

My fiance and I filed for our K1 in December of 2021. We were approved, it went to NVC and was sent to the wrong Embassy. We have jumped through hoops trying to get it to the Embassy where he's at.  They accepted the transfer.  It's been a few weeks.  Has anyone transferred theirs? If so, do any of you know if our case number stays the same, just change the first 3 letters to the letters of the country he's in? Thank you. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

The first 3 letters are the embassy call letters  like LND for London

so,  when u received the notice from NVC it would indicate embassy the packet was going to 

Timeline
51 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

The first 3 letters are the embassy call letters  like LND for London

so,  when u received the notice from NVC it would indicate embassy the packet was going to 

Yes, this I know.  Our case was sent to the wrong Embassy by NVC. So our case number they gave us is inaccurate. I'm just wondering if our case number will be the same, just different letters at the start. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, MariandSyed said:

Yes, this I know.  Our case was sent to the wrong Embassy by NVC. So our case number they gave us is inaccurate. I'm just wondering if our case number will be the same, just different letters at the start. 

it will need to be changed per the embassy initials  

if embassy receives it with the wrong initials ,  it will to NVC for the correction

there is no way an embassy can remember particulars of every case that passes thru the system and knows it needs to be sent to another embassy

Timeline
Just now, Mrna23 said:

I transferred our case to different Embassy and case number stayed the same (including letters). 

Really??? How long did it take to transfer your case, please?? And thank you!!

Timeline
Just now, Mrna23 said:

Maybe 2 weeks. Also, once Embassy received our case, we have to wait for around 1-2 weeks before we could schedule interveiw appoitment. 

Thank you so much!! It's been about a month now.  Did the Embassy email you with details? How did you know it was transferred? I'm sorry to ask so much.. we feel we are at a dead end😫

1 minute ago, MariandSyed said:

Thank you so much!! It's been about a month now.  Did the Embassy email you with details? How did you know it was transferred? I'm sorry to ask so much.. we feel we are at a dead end😫

Yes, Embassy send me an email when they received the case. I understand,  this process is so slow and frustrrating. Did another Embassy accepted your case? 

Timeline
Just now, Mrna23 said:

Yes, Embassy send me an email when they received the case. I understand,  this process is so slow and frustrrating. Did another Embassy accepted your case? 

My fiance had to move back home to Bangladesh.  His Visa was expiring in London.. so Dhaka accepted it but it's been about a month now, we've heard nothing else.  It is frustrating and these people have no hearts at all! It's been a long 17 months.. 

1 minute ago, MariandSyed said:

My fiance had to move back home to Bangladesh.  His Visa was expiring in London.. so Dhaka accepted it but it's been about a month now, we've heard nothing else.  It is frustrating and these people have no hearts at all! It's been a long 17 months.. 

I would try to email Dhaka Embassy. Sorry for your situation. Wish you good luck!

Timeline
Just now, Mrna23 said:

I would try to email Dhaka Embassy. Sorry for your situation. Wish you good luck!

Thank you so much!!!! I appreciate your help!!! And good luck to you as well😊

Timeline
51 minutes ago, Mrna23 said:

You also can check your visa status here: https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx 

When our case was in process of transferring, status was showing "transfer in progress". 

I've been going there everyday, it just still says ready but in London though😫

• 1 month later...

~~ Duplicate thread removed. Please only post once per topic (in this case consulate transfer) as starting several threads asking same or related questions is considered spamming ~~

20 minutes ago, MariandSyed said:

So our K1 case was finally transferred on June 7, 2023. It took about 2 months.  However, when emailing the Embassy, as of June 14, 2023, and again in June 30, 2023, they said they don't have the hard file yet and it could take a few weeks.  Well how long is that?! It's been a few weeks.  I logged into CEAC and our case was updated July 3, 2023. Does that mean something? Anybody know? Please.. this has been so hard🥺

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.