LennyO

May 2023 Filers I-130

168 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 5/18/2023 at 8:32 AM, Eberechi said:

My Husband also submitted mine on 14th May 2023, we got our receipt no the same day but we are yet to be in active review. We are hoping to get a positive feedback soon. We got married on the 9th of February 

We got our active review on 22 May 2023. Case is still showing being actively reviewed by the USCIS. Our service center is nebraska 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 1/9/2024 at 12:32 PM, Rhoadie said:

Hello all, this is my first post.  I filed May 24th online.  The estimated counter told me 13 months, than 8 months (a few days later).  The 8 months have passed and now the counter displays,  "this case is taking longer than expected".    My case was in Texas but transferred to Potomac.  I have no idea when it transferred, because I did not receive notification.  I found out about the transfer when I called USCIS to inquire about my case.  

Oh, it's nice to see someone whose spouse is from the same country as me. My Husband also filed for me in May 2023, and our case went to being actively reviewed in 22 May 2023. It's still showing being actively reviewed till now but we are hopeful. Good afternoon 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
On 1/9/2024 at 5:56 AM, Deker1972 said:

Similar to me, the counter dropped from 11.5 months to 4.5 months and eventually (on day 0) went to "this case is taking longer than expected", I was also switched from Nebraska to Texas at some point without an update

I never even so much as had access to this counter everyone talked about because that part of accounr access went to my lawyer. I'm really glad I don't see that counter because it's well known that it's not based on real life and is never accurate or meaningful. It would only serve to frustrate and disappoint me. I just use the weekly email every sunday from VJ that gives you a more accurate date based on facts. It's sad that VJ provides more accurate data than our own immigration beareau does. Oh well, were getting pretty closer now anyhow right? I show April 5 for an estimated approval. Cheers all. 

5 minutes ago, KeilaSanchez said:

I am still waiting for an interview in the Dominican Republic.  Hopefully this month we get it.

Your profile says F2A, is that right, spouse of a LPR and not a citizen?

Don't know why . I am CR1... I applied in May 11 and was  approved beginning of July. I've been waiting for an interview since August 2023.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

How long is the typical wait time for interview after receiving the NOA2? Also, my wife is Filipina and works in Hong Kong. Would she go to the US Consulate there in Hong Kong for her interview? Thank you 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, D3vilD0g6582 said:

How long is the typical wait time for interview after receiving the NOA2? Also, my wife is Filipina and works in Hong Kong. Would she go to the US Consulate there in Hong Kong for her interview? Thank you 

After visa approval as per NOA2 then the case get's sent to NVC which has it's own process that can take 6 months before they send it to the embassy.  It's at that stage when your wife will start the process in Hong to get all the documents required by the US Embassy Hong Kong for her interview.  Yes, so long as she is resident in Hong Kong (so long as she has a HKID card she qualified even as a FDH) she'll do her interview there. But unfortunately if you don't yet have NOA2 her interview is likely much further away than either of you might prefer.   

The good news is that with due diligence and meeting the requirements of the embassy was not that bad once you get the letter but will likely require her to make at least one trip to the Philippine Consulate in Admiralty.  Or at least it did for us back in 2015 maybe things have changes we'll find out in about 18 months. And no you can't really do anything in advance.  It's about waiting sadly.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
10 hours ago, Gianelpibe said:

Filed 17 May 23, it says 4 weeks on the timeline but I know it means nothing.  Filed online, I believe case is in the Texas center, wife lives in Russia, I live in the US, file batch IOE9293XXX

Mine has said "taking longer than expected..." for many months now.  

12 hours ago, LennyO said:

After 7 months we got to a week, then got the "taking longer than expected". The following week the time was pushed back 9 months. 

12 hours ago, LennyO said:

21 hours ago, JE57 said:

After visa approval as per NOA2 then the case get's sent to NVC which has it's own process that can take 6 months before they send it to the embassy.  It's at that stage when your wife will start the process in Hong to get all the documents required by the US Embassy Hong Kong for her interview.  Yes, so long as she is resident in Hong Kong (so long as she has a HKID card she qualified even as a FDH) she'll do her interview there. But unfortunately if you don't yet have NOA2 her interview is likely much further away than either of you might prefer.   

The good news is that with due diligence and meeting the requirements of the embassy was not that bad once you get the letter but will likely require her to make at least one trip to the Philippine Consulate in Admiralty.  Or at least it did for us back in 2015 maybe things have changes we'll find out in about 18 months. And no you can't really do anything in advance.  It's about waiting sadly.

Thank you 

Hi all… I hope we are getting closer

my VJ timeline has always said a date range of a week Or so…. Now it says April 11- may 14!!!

it has been as early as Feb 24 and as late as May 14….

sigh

online uscis says three months …

not that it is accurate ( but still …. We filed April 24- received April 27 and No1 May 2)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.