LennyO

May 2023 Filers I-130

168 posts in this topic

I will.tell you that my approval came within 66 days. I am still waiting for interview. I got DQed in august. So interview times depends in the embassy. DR embassy is working in DQ files for may and gave then interviews  for december 2023.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
7 hours ago, Vicnic said:

We got a letter asking my hubby to set up his online account …. The current 1-30 approval timeline says 6 months online ….. here I think everyone was saying 4 ish ( late  March early April )…. 7-9 more months is my hope for my GC…

March through July the I130s will process. August 2024 through January 2025 for actual interview dates. This is based on a lot of research. 

Im flying back from visiting the wife and will put in my already typed up expedite request using my business and severe financial loss as the reason for expedite. I wrote it up just as if I was a lawyer making my case. You need to cover every possible angle. We have a valid reason for expedite but there's no telling what USCIS will do with the request. As per usual I wouldn't get my hopes up. 

But it's just one additional avenue worth exploring to see if you meet one of USCIS's four criteria for expedition. 

Timeline

And I hope no one thinks I'm being a downer, I just want to make sure everyone has expectations that are based on the majority and not anomalies. Right now 90%+ of cases are processing at 11 months from NOA1 to NOA2. For example, December filers from last year processed this November. You should look at the timelines for your embassy though, as some, like Thailand, are averaging 13-14 months. There are a lot of patterns out there as far as your spouses country. Your processing center doesn't make much of a difference now a day, as cases are constantly being transferred. I know mine has been transferred three times. This has resulted in very little difference between centers. The outlier cases that took just a few months are very far and few in between and you shouldn't pay any attention to those cases when trying to understand when your spouse can come to the US to be re-united with you. Some of you will have wait times for interviews that could be upwards of 6 months. Some of you will have longer NOA2's than others. Its very simple to estimate how long your case will actually take real-world. If any of you need help finding that info out, just let me know and I can look for you.

Hope time is flying for everyone!

Timeline
On 11/28/2023 at 1:32 PM, Risk V Reward said:

And I hope no one thinks I'm being a downer, I just want to make sure everyone has expectations that are based on the majority and not anomalies. Right now 90%+ of cases are processing at 11 months from NOA1 to NOA2. For example, December filers from last year processed this November. You should look at the timelines for your embassy though, as some, like Thailand, are averaging 13-14 months. There are a lot of patterns out there as far as your spouses country. Your processing center doesn't make much of a difference now a day, as cases are constantly being transferred. I know mine has been transferred three times. This has resulted in very little difference between centers. The outlier cases that took just a few months are very far and few in between and you shouldn't pay any attention to those cases when trying to understand when your spouse can come to the US to be re-united with you. Some of you will have wait times for interviews that could be upwards of 6 months. Some of you will have longer NOA2's than others. Its very simple to estimate how long your case will actually take real-world. If any of you need help finding that info out, just let me know and I can look for you.

Hope time is flying for everyone!

My status still says "taking longer than expected" and has been stuck that way for a while now.  Not sure what that means, if anything...   I see from the timeline page that CSC is up to 1/28/23 for PD.

Timeline
2 hours ago, LennyO said:

My status still says "taking longer than expected" and has been stuck that way for a while now.  Not sure what that means, if anything...   I see from the timeline page that CSC is up to 1/28/23 for PD.

That makes me optimistic. I was at Texas and now I’m there with you at CSC. So we could start seeing things getting processed in 3-4 months.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Late to the party with this one, we submitted I-130 online on May 18th 2023, the initial estimate was 11.5 months but dropped to 5.5 after around three weeks, on Sunday (day 0) my status went to "Your case is taking longer than expected to process", no real surprise as I thought it was wrong (but hoped it was right), my wife is currently in the UK with me so no real issues but the unknown time does cause some planning problems (selling the house, updating work etc).

The VJ estimate for May submissions seems to be April so hopefully be able to relocate to the US in the second half of next year

Visa journey so far

CR1

18-5-2023 - I-130 filed

18-5-2023 - I-130 NOA1 sent

current status - Your case is taking longer than expected to process

19 minutes ago, Deker1972 said:

Late to the party with this one, we submitted I-130 online on May 18th 2023, the initial estimate was 11.5 months but dropped to 5.5 after around three weeks, on Sunday (day 0) my status went to "Your case is taking longer than expected to process", no real surprise as I thought it was wrong (but hoped it was right), my wife is currently in the UK with me so no real issues but the unknown time does cause some planning problems (selling the house, updating work etc).

The VJ estimate for May submissions seems to be April so hopefully be able to relocate to the US in the second half of next year

Glad to have you here.
Same here with me being in the UK but wife is in the US.

Hopeful to get through by July-August 2024.

PD is 1st May 23 Potomac

Timeline
3 minutes ago, J&M123 said:

Glad to have you here.
Same here with me being in the UK but wife is in the US.

Hopeful to get through by July-August 2024.

PD is 1st May 23 Potomac

We knew the I-130 process would take a while so we got married in the UK, my wife entered on a fiancé visa and then we extended that on a UK spouse visa so she could stay in the country while waiting (and she could see some of Europe while here)

Visa journey so far

CR1

18-5-2023 - I-130 filed

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline
On 4/16/2021 at 12:49 AM, JojoandTomas said:

I have a group. If you’d like the link I can message it to you. We have mostly K1 and also a few CR1 members as well. It’s English and Spanish. Let me know🙂

I have filed my case on the 8 of May 2023 but USCIS received my file on 12 may 2023, and I received my receipt NOA1 on 17 May 2023 in potomac how long should I wait

It looks like they are taking about 10 months to approve. I was approved in 66 days but I did the K3 as well

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 12/6/2023 at 12:53 AM, modouleft said:

I have filed my case on the 8 of May 2023 but USCIS received my file on 12 may 2023, and I received my receipt NOA1 on 17 May 2023 in potomac how long should I wait

10 to 14 months for the first step. With any luck you’ll hear something in late March or early April and then be ready to proceed to the next step. 

On 12/5/2023 at 4:15 AM, Deker1972 said:

We knew the I-130 process would take a while so we got married in the UK, my wife entered on a fiancé visa and then we extended that on a UK spouse visa so she could stay in the country while waiting (and she could see some of Europe while here)

We can’t live together due to several factors so this process ( consular  filing ) is our only option…. So we wait …..I often wonder about the staff who review these cases - day in and day out - do they know that file and decision are all we are thinking about? Or is it simply another case number ? Lol 

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello all, this is my first post.  I filed May 24th online.  The estimated counter told me 13 months, than 8 months (a few days later).  The 8 months have passed and now the counter displays,  "this case is taking longer than expected".    My case was in Texas but transferred to Potomac.  I have no idea when it transferred, because I did not receive notification.  I found out about the transfer when I called USCIS to inquire about my case.  

Timeline
2 hours ago, Rhoadie said:

Hello all, this is my first post.  I filed May 24th online.  The estimated counter told me 13 months, than 8 months (a few days later).  The 8 months have passed and now the counter displays,  "this case is taking longer than expected".    My case was in Texas but transferred to Potomac.  I have no idea when it transferred, because I did not receive notification.  I found out about the transfer when I called USCIS to inquire about my case.  

Similar to me, the counter dropped from 11.5 months to 4.5 months and eventually (on day 0) went to "this case is taking longer than expected", I was also switched from Nebraska to Texas at some point without an update

Visa journey so far

CR1

18-5-2023 - I-130 filed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.