36 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline

Hello all, this is my first time writing in this forum. I was searching if there were any April 2023 filers, but couldn't find any. If there's one. please feel free to close this and direct me to it so we don't duplicate topics. I submitted in 28th of April 2023 and got a text that it was received on the 1st of May. Still waiting for the mail and so far no updates yet. I am new to this so lets se what happens next :). I know this would be a long journey so it would be great to not have to go through it alone!

On 5/3/2023 at 1:48 PM, Flamingjune said:

Hello all, this is my first time writing in this forum. I was searching if there were any April 2023 filers, but couldn't find any. If there's one. please feel free to close this and direct me to it so we don't duplicate topics. I submitted in 28th of April 2023 and got a text that it was received on the 1st of May. Still waiting for the mail and so far no updates yet. I am new to this so lets se what happens next :). I know this would be a long journey so it would be great to not have to go through it alone!

Here! Application received by uscis on April 27th. Biometrics scheduled for may 24th! Looking for updates from other April filers too and wondering how long after biometrics for the forms to be processed ! Excited 

Timeline
17 hours ago, Crabbypatty said:

Here! Application received by uscis on April 27th. Biometrics scheduled for may 24th! Looking for updates from other April filers too and wondering how long after biometrics for the forms to be processed ! Excited 

YAY! Finally someone. Ah ah it seems to be the only two of us here so lets stay in touch and keep each other posted and support each other through this journey. I just received my access code for USCIS today in the mail. No fingerprints yet. I did have my fingerprints taken about two years ago or so, so I'm not sure if they'll do another finger print or not so fingers crossed. Kepp me posted with any updates and will make sure to do the same. My status so far is still on case received.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2023 at 1:16 PM, Flamingjune said:

YAY! Finally someone. Ah ah it seems to be the only two of us here so lets stay in touch and keep each other posted and support each other through this journey. I just received my access code for USCIS today in the mail. No fingerprints yet. I did have my fingerprints taken about two years ago or so, so I'm not sure if they'll do another finger print or not so fingers crossed. Kepp me posted with any updates and will make sure to do the same. My status so far is still on case received.

Did my biometrics yesterday and everything went smoothly. I-485 and I-765 are under active review now. Was hoping to see the status change to „card being produced“ (for the ead) soon after the biometrics, as I seen this on here alot of times, but in my case no luck so far. I also Had an rfe for birth certificate a few days ago ( although it was in the initial application) submitted a new one online and now waiting. 

How long did take for you guys after biometrics to get your ead

Edited by Crabbypatty

Timeline
6 hours ago, Crabbypatty said:

Did my biometrics yesterday and everything went smoothly. I-485 and I-765 are under active review now. Was hoping to see the status change to „card being produced“ (for the ead) soon after the biometrics, as I seen this on here alot of times, but in my case no luck so far. I also Had an rfe for birth certificate a few days ago ( although it was in the initial application) submitted a new one online and now waiting. 

Doing my biometrics next week Tuesday and hoping for the best. Lets keep each other posted. Our timeliness are very similar. Your application was received on the 27th and mine on the 28th.

Timeline
On 5/19/2023 at 6:43 PM, Earnest1 said:

PD April 7, so far I've received EAD on May 12. I-765 was approved the day after biometrics. I-485 is under active review. Interview is recommended to be waived on April 12. Nothing else yet. 

That's great! Keep us posted.

Timeline
On 5/19/2023 at 6:43 PM, Earnest1 said:

PD April 7, so far I've received EAD on May 12. I-765 was approved the day after biometrics. I-485 is under active review. Interview is recommended to be waived on April 12. Nothing else yet. 

How did they notify you that interview is recommended to be waived? and this was 5 days after you submitted?

Timeline
On 5/25/2023 at 8:59 AM, Crabbypatty said:

Anything new on your application?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.