mochon

Interview in London no legal Status (merged threads)

42 posts in this topic

guess u will have to find out when u attend the interview. im curious as well, i just watched jim hacking live show few days ago and there's someone with similar question but she lives in South Korea and i think he also said " you could try since u already in the country"

38 minutes ago, Misscloud said:

guess u will have to find out when u attend the interview. im curious as well, i just watched jim hacking live show few days ago and there's someone with similar question but she lives in South Korea and i think he also said " you could try since u already in the country"

I might as well try. The backlog is horrendous in my country.

1 hour ago, Misscloud said:

In Korea, I was required to show proof I was legally in the country for my medical. But, I wasn’t required to show proof of status at the interview (or during NVC stage). 
@azflexs if you can make an appointment for the medical you should be okay… I know some countries in Europe have been okay with people out of status interviewing at the US embassy…

ETA… realized you haven’t completed NVC stage yet… get all your documents together and make sure to get police clearance from your home country and any other you’ve lived in for 12+ months. 

Edited by ROK2USA

3 minutes ago, ROK2USA said:

In Korea, I was required to show proof I was legally in the country for my medical. But, I wasn’t required to show proof of status at the interview (or during NVC stage). 
@azflexs if you can make an appointment for the medical you should be okay… I know some countries in Europe have been okay with people out of status interviewing at the US embassy…

ETA… realized you haven’t completed NVC stage yet… get all your documents together and make sure to get police clearance from your home country and any other you’ve lived in for 12+ months. 

That’s good to know. I was thinking of just claiming asylum in uk. It will give some legal basis. But I am afraid it might send me to administrative processing.

50 minutes ago, ROK2USA said:

How did you get the medical done?

thanks

8 minutes ago, azflexs said:

How did you get the medical done?

thanks

You only apply for the medical after you complete the NVC stage and receive your interview letter. In Korea, they requested my Korean ID number when I made the appointment. I’m not sure if the UK has something similar or if they will be happy with another form of identification that is not related to showing you have status in the country (your passport or an expired drivers license). 

2 minutes ago, ROK2USA said:

You only apply for the medical after you complete the NVC stage and receive your interview letter. In Korea, they requested my Korean ID number when I made the appointment. I’m not sure if the UK has something similar or if they will be happy with another form of identification that is not related to showing you have status in the country (your passport or an expired drivers license). 

I have valid drivers licence . Thanks for the info.

1 minute ago, azflexs said:

I have valid drivers licence . Thanks for the info.

Good luck! And please return in a few weeks/ months once NVC has accepted your documentation and you have an appointment.

This question comes up a lot and no one ever follows up to say if they were able to interview or not… 

1 hour ago, ROK2USA said:

I’m not sure if the UK has something similar or if they will be happy with another form of identification that is not related to showing you have status in the country

UK visa medical requires passport and ACRO police certificate.

On 4/18/2023 at 5:38 PM, Misscloud said:

Can remember how many days ago. So that I can watch it thanks

2 hours ago, azflexs said:

Were you out of status in Korea?

No, I was in status. A lot of the process involved me needing to show I was in status (including obtaining the police report). 

I'm not sure about the UK... but, I do know that some countries will allow you apply for the US immigrant visa even if you do not have status in the country of interview. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.