mochon

Interview in London no legal Status (merged threads)

42 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, ROK2USA said:

No, I was in status. A lot of the process involved me needing to show I was in status (including obtaining the police report). 

I'm not sure about the UK... but, I do know that some countries will allow you apply for the US immigrant visa even if you do not have status in the country of interview. 

For Uk - status not asked when applying for PCC or doing medical. I am just worried about the VO gonna ask me

14 hours ago, azflexs said:

For Uk - status not asked when applying for PCC or doing medical. I am just worried about the VO gonna ask me

Don’t worry about it..

they only care if you are a danger to US society. Remember people who have been refused tourist visas to US (cos they think they will immigrate) can get a immigrant visa with no issue… 

On 4/20/2023 at 12:41 AM, ROK2USA said:

No, I was in status. A lot of the process involved me needing to show I was in status (including obtaining the police report). 

I'm not sure about the UK... but, I do know that some countries will allow you apply for the US immigrant visa even if you do not have status in the country of interview. 

Did you upload proof of legal status in NVC?

Thanks

55 minutes ago, mochon said:

Did you upload proof of legal status in NVC?

Thanks

No. The NVC doesn't care about your legal status in the country you interview in -unless you are requesting a transfer from Country Y to Country Z.

Processes IN the country are the only two things that matter (how you and if you can obtain a police report without status/if you can go to the medical without status). 

You will most likely be fine if the UK doesn't need you to be in status for medical and police report. 

On 4/18/2023 at 11:04 AM, mochon said:

Hi Guys

My I-130 was approved and my interview Location is in UK. I am currently living there but my visa has expired thus I don’t have any legal gal status. Will I be able to attend the interview?

Regards

Dear @mochon, Please kindly keep me updated as i am in your shoe. I currently do not have legal status in the UK, and my fiancé is in the US. I would like to do my interview in UK, many told me it not possible. I don't want to go back to my home country. Please  

1 hour ago, iwant2beyours said:

Dear @mochon, Please kindly keep me updated as i am in your shoe. I currently do not have legal status in the UK, and my fiancé is in the US. I would like to do my interview in UK, many told me it not possible. I don't want to go back to my home country. Please  

Hi

fiance is a non immigrant visa. When you go with  a DS160 I know for a fact they want to see uk resident permit. Try applying for Spouse visa. 

I have applied for police certificate, which I think is the main issue. I was afraid they won’t give me until I leave uk. Finger crossed they said I should get mine next week.

My lawyer Said if I am able to get an appointment I should attend because they are not able deny visa unless I am inadmissible for some reason or the marriage is fake.

Is you I-130 approved? I have read so many interview experience of people living in foreign countries. But no one ever mentioned they were asked for proof of residency in case of CR1/IR1 visa

12 hours ago, mochon said:

Is you I-130 approved? I have read so many interview experience of people living in foreign countries. But no one ever mentioned they were asked for proof of residency in case of CR1/IR1 visa

We have not applied for I-130 yet. He will be coming to the UK soon. It will be his 3rd time of coming to see me in the UK. SO, we will do online marriage (Utah)

Our fear is, if I-130 is approved, I am out of status in the UK. I am afraid of having to show proof of residence in the UK. 

Please can you let me know if you are able to get medical and police report done without asking you for proof of residency? Thank you

6 minutes ago, iwant2beyours said:

We have not applied for I-130 yet. He will be coming to the UK soon. It will be his 3rd time of coming to see me in the UK. SO, we will do online marriage (Utah)

Our fear is, if I-130 is approved, I am out of status in the UK. I am afraid of having to show proof of residence in the UK. 

Please can you let me know if you are able to get medical and police report done without asking you for proof of residency? Thank you

No problem. I am not worried most they can do is tell me to transfer my case back home or issue me the visa. Amount of backlog in my country is astronomical so I will happily take the chance. 
I called Acro and they said I should receive the pcc next week. If I get it without any trouble,  I am sure everything else would be fine.

Edited by mochon

1 minute ago, mochon said:

No problem. I am not worried most they can do is tell me to transfer my case back home or issue me the visa. Amount of backlog in my country is astronomical so I will happily take the chance. 
I called Acro and they said I should receive the pcc next week. If I get it without any trouble,  I am sure everything else would be fine.

Is your UK visa expired already? what did they ask you when you wanted to do the Police Report? and did you do your medical already?

Just now, iwant2beyours said:

Is your UK visa expired already? what did they ask you when you wanted to do the Police Report? and did you do your medical already?

Yes it has. Nothing just first page of passport, one proof of address, and a photo.

I also called them and asked If I don’t have valid visa , will it be a problem. Answer was doesn’t make any difference.

It’s been two weeks already, so I guess I will be fine 🤞

1 hour ago, mochon said:

Yes it has. Nothing just first page of passport, one proof of address, and a photo.

I also called them and asked If I don’t have valid visa , will it be a problem. Answer was doesn’t make any difference.

It’s been two weeks already, so I guess I will be fine 🤞

Ok, thank you very much. I will write you a PM. I'm following your thread. I pray the us consulate in london will not ask you to provide legal stay proof.

Ok, thank you very much. I will write you a PM. I'm following your thread. I pray the us consulate in london will not ask you to provide legal stay proof.

I can't see how they would not - after all, you will need to submit your passport, which will clearly show your status.

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.