DinoP

Frankfurt Embassy Interview Appointment Scheduling

29 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Our F2A case has been marked as "DOCUMENTARILY QUALIFIED" by NVC since March 29, 2023. We received an e-mail saying that NVC will now work with the Frankfurt embassy in Germany to schedule an interview appointment date.

Does anyone know how long it will take to receive an interview date? On the embassy website I can only see that non-immigrant visa interview appointments are given out within 1 to 10 days.

Also, I can already see that there are almost no medical appointments available for the next three months at all four doctors in the country. Since I don't have an interview date, I can not yet schedule a medical appointment. If we happen to get an interview date at the embassy in two months, how am I supposed to schedule a medical before I attend the interview? It would be amazing if someone could share their experience :)

Thanks and good luck to y'all!

Case type: F2A

Home country of applicant: Germany

Priority date: Feb 11, 2022

USCIS Approval: Feb 28, 2023 (total processing time of 12 months and 2 weeks)

NVC Welcome Letter: Mar 4, 2023 (total wait time of 4 days)

NVC documents submitted: Mar 14, 2023

DQ: Mar 29, 2023 (total wait time of 15 days)

Currently waiting for an interview date at the Frankfurt embassy.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Is your PD current?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin/2023/visa-bulletin-for-april-2023.html

final action dates are for the following pd dates so u have a while to wait 

F2A 08SEP20

We are documentarily qualified since mid Feb and current with priority date. We did not get the invitation, yet (Frankfurt). Nevertheless we went to get the medical done, since that is valid for six month and they are short on appointments.

You can go without having invitation from NVC. Just take your DS 260 Confirmation Page with you.

Timeline
On 4/15/2023 at 7:41 AM, Thomas B said:

We are documentarily qualified since mid Feb and current with priority date. We did not get the invitation, yet (Frankfurt). Nevertheless we went to get the medical done, since that is valid for six month and they are short on appointments.

You can go without having invitation from NVC. Just take your DS 260 Confirmation Page with you.

Hi Thomas!

Can I ask what your priority date is? I'd also love to get an update whenever you get your visa appointment just so I can estimate how long it will take to schedule our interview once our priority date finally becomes current if that is not too much trouble for you. 

Thanks for you answer!

Timeline
On 4/15/2023 at 3:23 PM, Mirrr said:

I got an expedited request accepted and the case was sent to frankfurt embassy at ends of marz. I am still waiting

Hi Mirrr!

Can I ask what the reason for your expedite was? We were told that the visa bulletin can not be expedited, but since you got an approval nonetheless I'd love to know how you managed to get it approved.

Thank you for your answer!

Timeline

Does anyone know if the visa bulletin retrogression effects us at all? We were DQ'd while our priority date was current and my home country never hits the 7% mark. Since we received an NVC e-mail saying that they are now working with the Frankfurt embassy to schedule an interview, we keep getting mixed answers from whoever we ask for clarification. It seems that no one really knows if we are "in the clear" so to speak or if we are effected by the retrogression. I'd appreciate any answer!

21 minutes ago, DinoP said:

Hi Thomas!

Can I ask what your priority date is? I'd also love to get an update whenever you get your visa appointment just so I can estimate how long it will take to schedule our interview once our priority date finally becomes current if that is not too much trouble for you. 

Thanks for you answer!

Our priority date is Feb 20th 2022. We are not affected by the retrogression. I will update here.

22 minutes ago, DinoP said:

Does anyone know if the visa bulletin retrogression effects us at all? We were DQ'd while our priority date was current and my home country never hits the 7% mark. Since we received an NVC e-mail saying that they are now working with the Frankfurt embassy to schedule an interview, we keep getting mixed answers from whoever we ask for clarification. It seems that no one really knows if we are "in the clear" so to speak or if we are effected by the retrogression. I'd appreciate any answer!

Well the effect is that you won’t get the interview as long as the priority date is not current even though you are documentarily qualified. That’s also written in the DQ mail from NVC.

Expedition request might also not help because there’s just no visa number available at this time (because not current) for your priority date (if retrogression has hit you).

Timeline
3 hours ago, Thomas B said:

Our priority date is Feb 20th 2022. We are not affected by the retrogression. I will update here.

I'm very confused by your answers. Our priority date is Feb 11th, 2022, so 9 days before yours. Yet you're saying that your case is not effected by the retrogression while ours is. Can you explain that? Is there something else that you did to not be effected that I'm missing?

Also, not that it makes a difference, but our DQ mail from NVC does not say anything about the visa bulletin or any possible wait time. It just says

"NVC will work with the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General in FRANKFURT, GER to schedule an interview appointment for you. Once we have confirmed an interview date, we will send a notice to you, your petitioner and attorney (if applicable)."

Edited by DinoP

22 minutes ago, DinoP said:

I'm very confused by your answers. Our priority date is Feb 11th, 2022, so 9 days before yours. Yet you're saying that your case is not effected by the retrogression while ours is. Can you explain that? Is there something else that you did to not be effected that I'm missing?

Also, not that it makes a difference, but our DQ mail from NVC does not say anything about the visa bulletin or any possible wait time. It just says

"NVC will work with the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General in FRANKFURT, GER to schedule an interview appointment for you. Once we have confirmed an interview date, we will send a notice to you, your petitioner and attorney (if applicable)."

Well, I did not see the May bulletin, yet. Just saw it, we’re out, too. Did not expect that.

NVC DQ mail says for receiving an interview also: „their priority date must be current“

Timeline
1 minute ago, Thomas B said:

Well, I did not see the May bulletin, yet. Just saw it, we’re out, too. Did not expect that.

NVC DQ mail says for receiving an interview also: „their priority date must be current“

I'm sorry! This is such bad luck for all of us. We were so close.

I found another couple who has been waiting since mid-January and we are currently chatting on What's App. In case you'd like to join us for moral support, feel free to send me an e-mail at nadinejwebdev@gmail.com. 

On 4/15/2023 at 3:23 PM, Mirrr said:

I got an expedited request accepted and the case was sent to frankfurt embassy at ends of marz. I am still waiting

Mirrr, my case received expedite processing approval today and will be sent to Frankfurt. Do you know if that overrides the priority date now?

Reason I ask: I am current in April but because of retrogression not anymore in May.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.