KeithJess

CR1 visa documents

7 posts in this topic

My (USA) wife (Thai) and I have decided to go forward with the process ourselves rather then hire a lawyer.

I've been printing out the required documents and have a few questions hopefully some people can answer.

I have three I-130 forms one for her and one for each of her children. I am correct that I need one for each?

I have the I-130A form. 

I have two I-864 forms one for myself and one for my mother who will co-sponsor. This is the correct form for her?

I have the G-1145 form for e-notifications

Are there any more forms I missing?

I have passport photos for her and the kids. I didn't see anything about it but just to be clear do I need them for myself and my mother?

Documents I have... Marriage certificate translated in English, her divorce papers translated in English. My birth certificate. 

Documents I need... Birth certificates for her and the children. Evidence that shows our marriage is of good faith. We have no joint accounts and have never lived together. Can someone better explain what exactly I need as sworn affidavits from family as to our marriage?  We have plenty of family photos together, I can show that I've supported her since we got engaged. 

When she got divorced she changed her last name back to her family name. When we got married she took my last name. Do we need documentation for any of this?

We have passports for her and the kids.

Will I need to send in any type of documents that says she has sole custody of the children?

Is there anything I am missing or advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks 

That’s correct. If u are USC u have to fill 3 forms 130. No need photos for u and ur mom  for consular processing. No need sworn affidavits at all, that’s not really matter. Boarding pass when u guys meet is more important. She took ur name legally already? Did sue change her passport to new name ? Yes for custody letter. 

1 minute ago, Misscloud said:

That’s correct. If u are USC u have to fill 3 forms 130. No need photos for u and ur mom  for consular processing. No need sworn affidavits at all, that’s not really matter. Boarding pass when u guys meet is more important. She took ur name legally already? Did sue change her passport to new name ? Yes for custody letter. 

Yes she took my name before her new passport. So I should send my flight itinerary as evidence also? Thanks 

3 minutes ago, KeithJess said:

Yes she took my name before her new passport. So I should send my flight itinerary as evidence also? Thanks 

Not flight itinerary or ticket but boarding pass because it shows that u really flew. Stamp on the passport can be used as well. If she already took ur name on her passport the legal paper will be marriage certificate ( it sufficient ) 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
6 hours ago, KeithJess said:

Evidence that shows our marriage is of good faith. We have no joint accounts and have never lived together. Can someone better explain what exactly I need as sworn affidavits from family as to our marriage?  We have plenty of family photos together, I can show that I've supported her since we got engaged. 

If you don't have any financial co-mingling yet, the best evidence of a bona fide marriage is documentation showing time spent together in person.  A few photos, original boarding passes, passport stamps, hotel receipts, from all visits/trips together.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Note that the I-864 forms are not needed at the petition stage.  Complete those after the petitions are approved, so they are current at that time.  One G-1145 for each package.   Assemble as if they are going to stand alone, but send all three stacks together in one envelope.  One check for each stack too.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

15 hours ago, pushbrk said:

Note that the I-864 forms are not needed at the petition stage.  Complete those after the petitions are approved, so they are current at that time.  One G-1145 for each package.   Assemble as if they are going to stand alone, but send all three stacks together in one envelope.  One check for each stack too.

Thank you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.