snm2212

Only EB1/EB2 update on NVC (DQ, IL)

555 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Ernie73 said:

I sure hope so 🤞

My lawyer told me he is surprised that I have not been transferred to the embassy yet. My PD is September 19th, 2022. DQ'd since May 5th, 2023. I guess the holidays didn't help expedite anything. Anyway, like someone wrote, in the home stretch now 🙏

Your PD only current became current 6 days ago though, nothing will have happened before that point. Now that a visa is available to you things should be underway. 

Your online status will change to ‘in transit’ when your case is being sent to the consulate. 

Good luck. 

3 minutes ago, datafate said:

Hi Guys,

My employer in consultation with their lawyers wants to put an expedited request.Anyone in this group have gone through that?Do consulates even honor that for Employment based cases?

TIA

What stage are you at and is your PD current? It would be really helpful if your timeline was completed, both to help others applying via the same route but also so people can see your info when you ask questions. 

If your PD is current you can request an expedite, employment based visas are eligible for expedites the same as all other applicants - but of course you’d need a good reason for it. 

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just updated my timeline . I was DQ'd in July 2023 . My employer wants  me to start work around beginning of Q2 2024 . They have bunch of new implementation that they had planned for in 2024  and it would require me to start engaging in those conversation and also start implementing these changes. They feel that it could have significant  financial as project timeline impact if I am not able to get there when all these things are initiated.

Just now, datafate said:

Just updated my timeline . I was DQ'd in July 2023 . My employer wants  me to start work around beginning of Q2 2024 . They have bunch of new implementation that they had planned for in 2024  and it would require me to start engaging in those conversation and also start implementing these changes. They feel that it could have significant  financial as project timeline impact if I am not able to get there when all these things are initiated.

Ok. So your PD isn’t current and by law there is no visa available to you yet, so there’s nothing to expedite. this page is for family visas but the answer is the same for EB’s -  https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/national-visa-center/immigrant-visas-processing-general-faqs.html#ivp7

Once your PD is current you can request an expedite with the consulate, but you’d need a better reason. 

If your employer is expecting you to be able to start work in 2024 then you might want to manage their expectations! 

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, appleblossom said:

Ok. So your PD isn’t current and by law there is no visa available to you yet, so there’s nothing to expedite. this page is for family visas but the answer is the same for EB’s -  https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/national-visa-center/immigrant-visas-processing-general-faqs.html#ivp7

Once your PD is current you can request an expedite with the consulate, but you’d need a better reason. 

If your employer is expecting you to be able to start work in 2024 then you might want to manage their expectations! 

I was DQ on July 2023 but my Priority Date is Feb 2022 .So basically I Am current based on the Jan Visa bulletin.

33 minutes ago, datafate said:

I was DQ on July 2023 but my Priority Date is Feb 2022 .So basically I Am current based on the Jan Visa bulletin.

Ah, your timeline says March 2023, PERM was Feb 2022? 

Looks like you’ve got a long wait for an interview unless you expedite, so it’s worth a try. 

Edited by appleblossom

22 hours ago, appleblossom said:

Your PD only current became current 6 days ago though, nothing will have happened before that point. Now that a visa is available to you things should be underway. 

Your online status will change to ‘in transit’ when your case is being sent to the consulate. 

Good luck. 

I always assumed that an interview would be planned when the bulletin is issued (early previous month), making use of the actual bulletin month for interviews. If the February bulletin shows a retrogression, then they won't be able to give me (and others) an interview and a visa.

I'm hoping that the bulletin for EB2 has moved so slowly this past year that there won't be a further/another retrogression 🤞 

Thanks for the replies.

I had my medical today at VisaMedicals in London. Everything was as expected except a surprise that I needed a polio vaccine, there is some fine print in the vaccine sheet that says if you have been in certain countries including the US and the UK for 6mo then you need to have had a polio vaccine in the last 12mo. I totally missed it!

It was fine as they just gave me one there but if they didn’t have it in stock (for example they didn’t have the flu vaccine in stock) it would have delayed my results. It cost £55 extra.

Results should be sent to the embassy in a week and the interview is a week from this Friday.

1 hour ago, Abena Dee said:

Should we start collecting the monies now ? Or we wait till tomorrow morning ? 😂

Wait till tomorrow morning 😂🤣 wait till midnight in the US. I hope they won’t disappoint me 🤣😂

2 hours ago, snm2212 said:

Wait till tomorrow morning 😂🤣 wait till midnight in the US. I hope they won’t disappoint me 🤣😂

@snm2212 Are you waiting for an IL yourself? If so, when did you get DQ? 

15 minutes ago, snm2212 said:

Yes. I was DQed few months ago. Nearly 5 months. Waited for my PD to be current

Oh wow, you definitely deserve an IL tomorrow morning then (unlike me who only got DQ on 2nd January 😅) - let's hope it happens tomorrow! 

Good afternoon all, 

My case changed to 'IN TRANSIT' yesterday and this morning I received an email notifying me of the interview date of February 12th 👍 I was DQ'd May 3rd, 2023. PD September 19th, 2022. It's taken awhile. 

A couple of questions for those who have been through the EB2 interview. 

1. What kind of questions were you asked?

2. What did you bring with you aside from the mandatory items? Your resume? Articles and such that you've written? Diplomas? Licenses? Copies or originals?

I'm trying to get prepared and would love any inputs. Thanks and good luck to everyone!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.