snm2212

Only EB1/EB2 update on NVC (DQ, IL)

556 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Luis M said:

Hello @Damiores,

Yes, all well. I research and asked the London Embassy, most of the info is on the embassy appointment site, but see below for detailed steps I followed

These steps may only work after you get an original Interview date from the NVC, which was my situation, I think this is because once NVC sets an appointment date, the case gets transferred to the embassy and they now handle the case.

1. You need to register/create your account onto the Embassy site using the info on your original appointment interview, add you and your partner on the list of applicants/derivatives

2. Then you'll see the original appointment there, and you'll  need to cancel it.

3. Then I contacted the embassy using a form on the website and let them.know  what was going on and they told to reply to this email LondonInfoUnit@state.govonce you have obtained your child's 1) birth certificate with parental information and 2) passport.

Once you send them these 2 docs via email, they will add our child to your case, remember to send them your case number LNDxxxxxxx.

4. Once they confirm your child has been added, they will also let you know to make sure you complete a DS-260 online and a fee will be payable for him/her on the day of the interview. All applicants, regardless of age, are required to complete a medical examination performed by an Embassy approved physician in London prior to their visa interview. 

You fill out the DS 260 online, just like you did your partner and yours, you'll see that your child.now appears as a derivative as pending

5. Once you complete the DS 260  (much simpler for a newborn as they dont have any history). Submit it. And once that is done, you'll  be able to print his/hers DS 260 confirmation page  which you will need along yours and your partner on the day of the visa interview.

6. Log in back to the embassy site (step 1) and you can now add your newborn as a derivative using the info on the recently printed  DS 260 confirmation page of your child.

7. Once all of you are added on the embassy appointment site, you'll then be able to select/schedule a new date there.

NOTE: The site and information  says you can only set a new date after the original  date has passed.

The birth certificate should be straight forward and you can get acopy the same.day on your appointment when you register the birth

I applied for his British passport online and took 8 days in total from submission, sent docs the following day, but you can use any passport you get for the child.

You need passport  for both medical and embassy appointment (you need birth certificate to get a passport)..

Also, for the interview they require originals of all civil docs (your child will only have birth certificate and passport), you and partner will also need police certificates, birth certificates and marriage certificate (all originals).

Extra info for Medical: we did the medical on the 8th of Dec, child was 5 weeks old, and took his passport (origonal) birth certificate (copy) and you have to fill a medical questionnaire and Not sure if you need to bring a summary care print out for the baby (we did) he also has medical examen, but much much simpler.

They will not sent results of the medical to the embassy,  until your baby is vaccinated  for Hep B and Dtap) is less than 8 weeks old, in the UK the first vaccine happens at 8 weeks which is a 6 in 1 that include the 2 mentioned before plus some other (1st dose). We have a our child vaccination shedule for end of Dec and all we need to do is send visa medicals proof of the vaccinations via email, which we will request from the surgery/GP on the  same day, his vaccines will be given 6 days before interview amd we plan to send proof the same.day he gets his shot.

As long as  you leave at leave 5  / 6 days form the moment your child gets his vaccine and.the interview date, then no further delays should happen, you can also choose to have the medicals after your child has been vaccinated, but unsure if they will require other vaccines after 8 weeks of age.

The above seems long, but wanted to make sure you had as much details as possible.

Any questions let me know. but also use the embassy  email above, they respond within 2 to 3 days.

Goodspeed and congrats again.

Luis M

Many thanks for taking time to explain in details. I appreciate your time.

I am just preparing to the possible scenerios before the arrival of new family member and interview letter. I will interview in Lagos.

I understand if baby arrives after issuance of visa, he does not need a visa to travel with the parents, just visa and birth certificate. However, I like to know what happens to the initial DQ date if baby arrives before interview letter and you try to add him at NVC. Will the initial DQ date be lost and a new one given? I await your response and that of others.

Thank you.

9 hours ago, Luis M said:

Hello @Damiores,

Yes, all well. I research and asked the London Embassy, most of the info is on the embassy appointment site, but see below for detailed steps I followed

These steps may only work after you get an original Interview date from the NVC, which was my situation, I think this is because once NVC sets an appointment date, the case gets transferred to the embassy and they now handle the case.

1. You need to register/create your account onto the Embassy site using the info on your original appointment interview, add you and your partner on the list of applicants/derivatives

2. Then you'll see the original appointment there, and you'll  need to cancel it.

3. Then I contacted the embassy using a form on the website and let them.know  what was going on and they told to reply to this email LondonInfoUnit@state.govonce you have obtained your child's 1) birth certificate with parental information and 2) passport.

Once you send them these 2 docs via email, they will add our child to your case, remember to send them your case number LNDxxxxxxx.

4. Once they confirm your child has been added, they will also let you know to make sure you complete a DS-260 online and a fee will be payable for him/her on the day of the interview. All applicants, regardless of age, are required to complete a medical examination performed by an Embassy approved physician in London prior to their visa interview. 

You fill out the DS 260 online, just like you did your partner and yours, you'll see that your child.now appears as a derivative as pending

5. Once you complete the DS 260  (much simpler for a newborn as they dont have any history). Submit it. And once that is done, you'll  be able to print his/hers DS 260 confirmation page  which you will need along yours and your partner on the day of the visa interview.

6. Log in back to the embassy site (step 1) and you can now add your newborn as a derivative using the info on the recently printed  DS 260 confirmation page of your child.

7. Once all of you are added on the embassy appointment site, you'll then be able to select/schedule a new date there.

NOTE: The site and information  says you can only set a new date after the original  date has passed.

The birth certificate should be straight forward and you can get acopy the same.day on your appointment when you register the birth

I applied for his British passport online and took 8 days in total from submission, sent docs the following day, but you can use any passport you get for the child.

You need passport  for both medical and embassy appointment (you need birth certificate to get a passport)..

Also, for the interview they require originals of all civil docs (your child will only have birth certificate and passport), you and partner will also need police certificates, birth certificates and marriage certificate (all originals).

Extra info for Medical: we did the medical on the 8th of Dec, child was 5 weeks old, and took his passport (origonal) birth certificate (copy) and you have to fill a medical questionnaire and Not sure if you need to bring a summary care print out for the baby (we did) he also has medical examen, but much much simpler.

They will not sent results of the medical to the embassy,  until your baby is vaccinated  for Hep B and Dtap) is less than 8 weeks old, in the UK the first vaccine happens at 8 weeks which is a 6 in 1 that include the 2 mentioned before plus some other (1st dose). We have a our child vaccination shedule for end of Dec and all we need to do is send visa medicals proof of the vaccinations via email, which we will request from the surgery/GP on the  same day, his vaccines will be given 6 days before interview amd we plan to send proof the same.day he gets his shot.

As long as  you leave at leave 5  / 6 days form the moment your child gets his vaccine and.the interview date, then no further delays should happen, you can also choose to have the medicals after your child has been vaccinated, but unsure if they will require other vaccines after 8 weeks of age.

The above seems long, but wanted to make sure you had as much details as possible.

Any questions let me know. but also use the embassy  email above, they respond within 2 to 3 days.

Goodspeed and congrats again.

Luis M

Really appreciate your time and effort. Hope all goes well in your interview. Best wishes. 

@Rainbow Aligator Did you received your IL?

6 hours ago, Damiores said:

Many thanks for taking time to explain in details. I appreciate your time.

I am just preparing to the possible scenerios before the arrival of new family member and interview letter. I will interview in Lagos.

I understand if baby arrives after issuance of visa, he does not need a visa to travel with the parents, just visa and birth certificate. However, I like to know what happens to the initial DQ date if baby arrives before interview letter and you try to add him at NVC. Will the initial DQ date be lost and a new one given? I await your response and that of others.

Thank you.

Hello,

Tye DQ remains the same as far as I am aware, but may get delayed if the birth happens before the interview appointment is made by NVC, as they handle it. But if the appointment is set before birth, then iglt gets handle by the embassy.

The above explanation was for London embassy, it should all apply to you anyways, except for the email , wh8ch is for the London embassy.

Better contact your embassy once you receive your appointment letter, if the birthbis to close to it, then I would recommend delay, as you are right a baby won't need to be included if it is born after the issuance of the visa, in my case the baby was sbirn a day after the interview, is dedlcided to delay just in case.

3 hours ago, Luis M said:

Hello,

Tye DQ remains the same as far as I am aware, but may get delayed if the birth happens before the interview appointment is made by NVC, as they handle it. But if the appointment is set before birth, then iglt gets handle by the embassy.

The above explanation was for London embassy, it should all apply to you anyways, except for the email , wh8ch is for the London embassy.

Better contact your embassy once you receive your appointment letter, if the birthbis to close to it, then I would recommend delay, as you are right a baby won't need to be included if it is born after the issuance of the visa, in my case the baby was sbirn a day after the interview, is dedlcided to delay just in case.

Thank you.

16 hours ago, Damiores said:

When is your baby due? There's a long old wait for an interview at Lagos and it doesn't look as though your PD is current, so I suspect the baby will have arrived long before the IL. 

4 hours ago, appleblossom said:

When is your baby due? There's a long old wait for an interview at Lagos and it doesn't look as though your PD is current, so I suspect the baby will have arrived long before the IL. 

Baby is due around mid next year and my PD is Nov 18, 2022. I just want to be armed with the right information to know how to act appropriately when the time comes.

2 minutes ago, Damiores said:

Baby is due around mid next year and my PD is Nov 18, 2022. I just want to be armed with the right information to know how to act appropriately when the time comes.

Congrats in advance! Even if your PD is current in the next bulletin it’s a year or so wait for an interview at Lagos isn’t it? So your son/daughter will arrive long before it and you’ll need to add him/her as a dependent. 

5 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

Congrats in advance! Even if your PD is current in the next bulletin it’s a year or so wait for an interview at Lagos isn’t it? So your son/daughter will arrive long before it and you’ll need to add him/her as a dependent. 

Thank you. Yes, I understand the long wait in Lagos for interview. Can I just wait it out and add at the embassy during the interview?

1 minute ago, Damiores said:

Thanks for your comment. Could you explain what you meant by hassle? Thanks.

If your wait time for interview is long, just work out with NVC (or embassy) by sending birth certificate and passport of new born. Do medical of all or you including child and attend interview. Simple as that. Better to add new born before your interview so that you all can get GC at once. 

On 12/11/2023 at 6:42 PM, sys187 said:

Jan-24 VB, E2 is now 01NOV22. That's about a 4 months difference (Jul22 in Dec-23 VB)

Thoughts? 

28 minutes ago, snm2212 said:

If your wait time for interview is long, just work out with NVC (or embassy) by sending birth certificate and passport of new born. Do medical of all or you including child and attend interview. Simple as that. Better to add new born before your interview so that you all can get GC at once. 

Thank you

14 hours ago, appleblossom said:

Yes, this is high probability indeed, at least you know what you need, but double check with your embassy, as they may require something else.

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

VJ User

Category

Priority Date (MM/DD/YYYY)

DQ Status (MM/DD/YYYY)

Interview Letter

(MM/DD/YYYY)

Interview date

(MM/DD/YYYY)

Interview location

@dolibash

EB2

07/22/22

04/12/23

Waiting

Riyadh

@snm2212 

EB2

09/29/22

04/21/23

Waiting

London

@Ernie73

EB2

09/19/22

05/04/23

Waiting

Iceland

@Hithere222 

EB1

05/16/22

04/25/23

Waiting

Kathmandu

@Kw1097 

EB2

02/22/22

04/04/23

08/27/23 

09/20/23

Doha

@Kashraz 

EB1

06/30/22

04/04/23

Waiting

@Damiores 

EB2

11/18/22

04/05/23

Waiting

Ankara 

@W Herrera 

EB2

12/14/21

06/08/23

08/02/23

09/13/23

Georgetown, Guyana

@Kalied

EB2

05/09/22

05/04/23

Waiting

@CMingo 

EB2

05/02/22

03/21/23

09/01/23  

10/27/23

London

@Appleblossom 

EB1

02/08/23

04/21/23

05/20/23

07/17/23

London

@Luis M 

EB2

06/10/22

07/27/23

09/01/23 

10/30/23 to be rescheduled as can't  attend 

London

@whitewizard

EB1

01/20/23

03/31/23

08/02/23

09/20/23

Mumbai

@nodisplay

EB1

04/17/23

Waiting

Montreal

@jimmy2k

EB2

02/01/11

Waiting

Waiting

Montreal

@dabursot2

EB2

01/20/23

08/15/23

Waiting

London

@azzz

EB1

03/27/23

05/17/23

10/05/23

11/21/23

Almaty

@MalaYoon

EB2

03/24/22

03/10/23

07/31/23

Kuala Lumpur

@Ayobami

EB2

01/10/22

03/22/23

Waiting

Johannesburg

@dtbaby

EB2

03/02/22

12/02/22

Waiting

Lagos

@Aya2538

EB2

08/30/21

04/18/23

Waiting

Ankara

@Rocha3

EB2

05/10/21

07/10/23

Waiting

Rio de Janeiro

@nothin2C

EB2

01/XX/22

08/24/23

08/28/23

10/28/23

Paris

@whereisme

EB2

01/03/23

8/26/23

Waiting

Argentina

@Rainbow Aligator

EB1

06/20/23

11/16/23

Waiting

London

@Eren

EB2

03/09/22

05/10/23

08/03/23
(took a while due to PD not being current)

09/29/23

London

@chy8

EB2

09/27/22

07/18/23

@mohamedaali2

EB2

07/01/21

08/04/23

Waiting

Waiting 

Cairo

@Laulau

Eb2

10/20/2022

11/03/2023

waiting

Waiting

Bogota

@Aanuoluwa

EB2

07/27/2023

11/07/2023

Waiting

Johannesburg

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: E-2 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Hi all 

I received the welcome letter from nvc few weeks ago. However, i recently got married, how do I go about communicating with nvc about adding my spouse ?

I’ve not paid the invoice fee yet or started the application 

Thank you 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.