snm2212

Only EB1/EB2 update on NVC (DQ, IL)

555 posts in this topic

Any thought on the October 2023 visa bulletin? Applicants who are going to file adjustment of status can apply if priority date is before Jan 01 2023. On the other hand people applying for consular processing need to have a priority date before July 08 2023, and they will also be facing consular backlog if there are any.

3 minutes ago, chy8 said:

Any thought on the October 2023 visa bulletin? Applicants who are going to file adjustment of status can apply if priority date is before Jan 01 2023. On the other hand people applying for consular processing need to have a priority date before July 08 2023, and they will also be facing consular backlog if there are any.

correction: July 08 2022

13 minutes ago, chy8 said:

Table B applies to those applying via Consular Processing as well. They can also submit their documents, complete the DS-260, pay their fees etc, if their PD is before 01 Jan 2023. They just won’t be scheduled for an interview or be granted a visa if their PD isn’t current, same as those applying via AOS

Edited by appleblossom

On 9/15/2023 at 7:21 PM, chy8 said:

Are you referring just to EB2? EB1 is current.... 

1 hour ago, Rainbow Aligator said:

Are you referring just to EB2? EB1 is current.... 

The dates he’s mentioned are EB2. EB1 is current again as it’s the new fiscal year, I’ve never known it not current in the last few years so when it retrogressed in July it was a bit of a shock! We’ll see how long it stays current, the forum pros reckon all EB categories will be struggling more for numbers as time goes on (see the EB2 NIW thread). 

Edited by appleblossom

49 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

The dates he’s mentioned are EB2. EB1 is current again as it’s the new fiscal year, I’ve never known it not current in the last few years so when it retrogressed in July it was a bit of a shock! We’ll see how long it stays current, the forum pros reckon all EB categories will be struggling more for numbers as time goes on (see the EB2 NIW thread). 

Ah, yes I saw that regression a month or so ago and was just as shocked and thought I had missed another date pushback.

As you said it was the first time it had happened in a while. Hoooooping my DQ and IV comes through soon. I think I’ll be getting in just in time before the delays start for the EB category

2 hours ago, chy8 said:

I was referring to EB2 rest of the world. Is there any chance that PD in Sep 2022 will become current in the coming months?

Yes, most likely  next VB, latest  Dec VB.

On 9/17/2023 at 9:37 AM, Rainbow Aligator said:

Ah, yes I saw that regression a month or so ago and was just as shocked and thought I had missed another date pushback.

As you said it was the first time it had happened in a while. Hoooooping my DQ and IV comes through soon. I think I’ll be getting in just in time before the delays start for the EB category

It induced a brief moment of panic for me as I had my interview in July so I panicked and thought it would be cancelled - then I realised my PD was well before (Feb 2023) anyway. 😂

Mike E said to me at some point that he thought I'd squeezed my application in just before the EB backlog that he was anticipating, hopefully you've done the same. This article is quite interesting, it's been linked to on VB a couple of times. https://immigration.net/2023/06/15/the-coming-apocalypse-for-employment-based-immigrantswhat-the-current-backlog-in-perm-labor-certifications-dol-prevailing-wage-requests-and-pending-and-approved-i-140s-means-for-future-visa-b/

1 hour ago, appleblossom said:

It induced a brief moment of panic for me as I had my interview in July so I panicked and thought it would be cancelled - then I realised my PD was well before (Feb 2023) anyway. 😂

Mike E said to me at some point that he thought I'd squeezed my application in just before the EB backlog that he was anticipating, hopefully you've done the same. This article is quite interesting, it's been linked to on VB a couple of times. https://immigration.net/2023/06/15/the-coming-apocalypse-for-employment-based-immigrantswhat-the-current-backlog-in-perm-labor-certifications-dol-prevailing-wage-requests-and-pending-and-approved-i-140s-means-for-future-visa-b/

Yes I saw on the NVC timeframes site that the Current case file creation time has been stuck on July 19th for weeks! Luckily my case has been created.... and according to the Current case review time updates they should be reviewing my documents already.... I honestly don't mind as much when the interview is, I just want to know when so I can start to plan my life around it accordingly. 

The article is interesting, it seems like EB1 won't be as affected as they don't have to do PERM. Curious though.....

1 minute ago, Rainbow Aligator said:

Yes I saw on the NVC timeframes site that the Current case file creation time has been stuck on July 19th for weeks! Luckily my case has been created.... and according to the Current case review time updates they should be reviewing my documents already.... I honestly don't mind as much when the interview is, I just want to know when so I can start to plan my life around it accordingly. 

The article is interesting, it seems like EB1 won't be as affected as they don't have to do PERM. Curious though.....

The pros on VB reckon it will be affected as people try and qualify for EB1 to avoid the EB2 backlog. But time will tell I guess.

I'm sure you'll be DQ'ed soon and London was super quick with everything for us in May/June/July so hopefully you'll have it all through asap. Just add on a few days for the usual expected DQ date as EB applicants have to mail their docs in, so it's usually a week or so longer than the standard time.

Good luck!

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 9/7/2023 at 1:13 PM, Eren said:

VJ User

Category

Priority Date

DQ Status

Interview Letter

Interview date

Interview location

@dolibash

EB2

07/22/22

04/12/23

Waiting

Riyadh

@snm2212 

EB2

09/29/22

04/21/23

Waiting

London

@Ernie73

EB2

09/19/22

05/04/23

Waiting

Iceland

@Hithere222 

EB1

05/16/22

04/25/23

Waiting

Kathmandu

@Kw1097 

EB2

02/22/22

04/04/23

08/27/23 

09/20/23

Doha

@Kashraz 

EB1

06/30/22

04/04/23

Waiting

@Damiores 

EB2

11/18/22

04/05/23

Waiting

Ankara 

@W Herrera 

EB2

12/14/21

06/08/23

08/02/23

09/13/23

Georgetown, Guyana

@Kalied

EB2

05/09/22

05/04/23

Waiting

@CMingo 

EB2

05/02/22

03/21/23

09/01/23  

10/27/23

London

@Appleblossom 

EB1

02/08/23

04/21/23

05/20/23

07/17/23

London

@Luis M 

EB2

06/10/22

07/27/23

09/01/23 

10/30/23 to be rescheduled as can't  attend 

London

@whitewizard

EB1

01/20/23

03/31/23

08/02/23

09/20/23

Mumbai

@nodisplay

EB1

04/17/23

Waiting

Montreal

@jimmy2k

EB2

02/01/11

Waiting

Waiting

Montreal

@dabursot2

EB2

01/20/23

08/15/23

Waiting

London

@azzz

EB1

03/27/23

05/17/23

Waiting

Almaty

@MalaYoon

EB2

03/24/22

03/10/23

07/31/23

Kuala Lumpur

@Ayobami

EB2

01/10/22

03/22/23

Waiting

Johannesburg

@dtbaby

EB2

03/02/22

12/02/22

Waiting

Lagos

@Aya2538

EB2

08/30/21

04/18/23

Waiting

Ankara

@Rocha3

EB2

05/10/21

07/10/23

Waiting

Rio de Janeiro

@nothin2C

EB2

01/XX/22

08/24/23

Waiting

Paris

@whereisme

EB2

01/03/23

Waiting

Waiting

@Rainbow Aligator

EB1

06/20/23

Waiting

Waiting

London

@Eren

EB2

03/09/22

05/10/23

08/03/23
(took a while due to PD not being current)

09/29/23

London

@chy8

EB2

09/27/22

07/18/23

Waiting

Sydney

corrected the table bcuz I messed it up earlier :)

Anyone else received the il in september??

52 minutes ago, Rocha3 said:

Anyone else received the il in september??

Might be too early to say - a lot of consulates only send them out once at the end of the month. Have you had yours?

Edited by appleblossom

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.