momshie

Is it an option to pull out passport if processing time is longer than expected?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have been planning our travel to MNL for SLEC medical and also plan the interview as well but we have limited time since my daughter and I will need to go back to HKG for work and school. Is below plan doable?

1. Can SLEC expedite to release result if we plan USEM interview within the same week?

2. What is the turn around time to receive/deliver the passport from the time of interview (assume no issue on interview and visa has been approve)?

3. In case there is additional requirement for submission which increase the wait time,  would it be possible to request to pull out my daughters passport? How will we handle onwards?

Hearing news that waiting time for passport can take 2 weeks or more, would like to check our options. Should be no issue for me, but need to find alternatives for my daughter.

Thanks in advance for response.

8 hours ago, momshie said:

I have been planning our travel to MNL for SLEC medical and also plan the interview as well but we have limited time since my daughter and I will need to go back to HKG for work and school. Is below plan doable?

1. Can SLEC expedite to release result if we plan USEM interview within the same week?

2. What is the turn around time to receive/deliver the passport from the time of interview (assume no issue on interview and visa has been approve)?

3. In case there is additional requirement for submission which increase the wait time,  would it be possible to request to pull out my daughters passport? How will we handle onwards?

Hearing news that waiting time for passport can take 2 weeks or more, would like to check our options. Should be no issue for me, but need to find alternatives for my daughter.

If you request your passport they will give it back but no visa can be issued if the passport is not in there possession 

8 hours ago, momshie said:

I could never imagine going through such a process and then pulling the passport. If you are getting the visa you will be going to USA right?  What does she need to go back to HK for if the plan is to go to the US? Sorry I just don't get it.

SLEC sends the results to USEM quickly. You could schedule interview for right after exam. But keep in mind either of you could get flagged for sputum testing and all of your timelines get thrown out the window.

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
15 hours ago, IWander said:

Just another thought.  Why are you processing in Manila and not HK?

I have already requested transfer of processing and interview location when we submitted DS-260, when the case was still at NVC. There were communications to contact HKG but when we reach out HKG Embassy they advised will need to have NVC send the file to them before they can do any action. Fast forward, called HKG and was advised to make the request but there is no timeline how long it takes to transfer case from MNL to HKG. At this point, we would not want to take the risk since we can already make an interview appointment in  MNL. Thanks.

On 3/12/2023 at 1:36 PM, RO_AH said:

I could never imagine going through such a process and then pulling the passport. If you are getting the visa you will be going to USA right?  What does she need to go back to HK for if the plan is to go to the US? Sorry I just don't get it.

SLEC sends the results to USEM quickly. You could schedule interview for right after exam. But keep in mind either of you could get flagged for sputum testing and all of your timelines get thrown out the window.

Daughter is graduating from high school and result of exam is tie up to potentially securing scholarship fund for college (including US). She has maximum 4wks to stay in PH (during study leave) before her scheduled exam. Yes, given the importance of the exam we just decided to schedule her interview after the exam. Thanks!

On 3/11/2023 at 3:37 PM, momshie said:

You can try, but as someone else mentioned, if SLEC required additional testing, treatment or documentation outside of their two-day (average) process, then no. You will want 1 to 2 weeks between the interview and the medical.

LBC Delivery is 5 to 7 business days within Metro Manila. May be quicker if you pick it up at MOA, but that doesn't include the time it takes the Embassy to generate the visa.

Once she has completed her interview, she has to turn in her passport. If the Embassy puts her case in 221g administrative processing, once the documentation is available, her passport should be submitted with whatever the Embassy requests. 

Please consider also she needs to depart the Philippines before her medical exam expires. 

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.