Alexis2022

Citation warning

4 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I got a citation ticket yesterday, it says in comments "Warning Designated trash collection" and the amount of the fine is 0$ but it is still says hearing date 3.27.23.

Can it affect my 751 application and citizenship in future? Should I mention this in my n400 application and bring this warning with me for the interview? Is this warning in the system?

I am kinda confused because the sign I parked within says "you can park on this side mon-thirsday 8am-8pm. And I got this warning on Monday at 8.39 am.

Thank you for your answers!

22 minutes ago, Alexis2022 said:

Hi everyone,

I got a citation ticket yesterday, it says in comments "Warning Designated trash collection" and the amount of the fine is 0$ but it is still says hearing date 3.27.23.

Can it affect my 751 application and citizenship in future? Should I mention this in my n400 application and bring this warning with me for the interview? Is this warning in the system?

I am kinda confused because the sign I parked within says "you can park on this side mon-thirsday 8am-8pm. And I got this warning on Monday at 8.39 am.

Thank you for your answers!

I wouldn’t worry about it.   Our waste management people are also zealots about bin placement and parking.

For your records, you could take a pic of the sign that said parking was allowed at that time.

For the hearing date, is there an option to explain or challenge it via email or online form?   Surely in this time of social distancing, they would utilize remote methods for dealing with trash collection parking infractions.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
1 hour ago, Alexis2022 said:

I had trouble following all that but it seems you got a parking ticket

If so I would not mention it on I-751 and N-400 filings. In your N-400 interview mention you had a street parking ticket. 

48 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

I wouldn’t worry about it.   Our waste management people are also zealots about bin placement and parking.

For your records, you could take a pic of the sign that said parking was allowed at that time.

For the hearing date, is there an option to explain or challenge it via email or online form?   Surely in this time of social distancing, they would utilize remote methods for dealing with trash collection parking infractions.

Yes on the back it says I can appeal it online. But sounds like I don't have to. I putted my citation # and it says there is no records or has been paid or voided.

Also I found a card I think it is their as well. The card is saying "scan me" you got a parking warning, please do not park during waste collection operations 7 am-1 pm.

So I scanned it and it says map with restrictions for parking coming soon (it doesn't exist yet). So it is easier to give people warnings with not updated websites than update signs 🤔 🙄 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.