EdwardSnowden

CR1 is DQ, current wait time for interview in Manila?

489 posts in this topic

45 minutes ago, PsychoGF said:

Got interview date for my husband, for May 2!

Congrats to us and all of those who got the ILs!

And yes, this is actually the normal way - us getting an interview date rather than scheduling it. 

The only reason some need to schedule their own is because they were "auto-expedited". MNL embassy is trying to clear their backlogs.

But this is how things should be.

Finally!  Felt like we were going to wait forever.  Congrats to y'all :)

June 25, 2022 - Married
June 28, 2022 - I-130 filed digitally

June 28, 2022 - NOA1 (Nebraska -> Vermont xfer)

June 8, 2023 - NOA2 (Vermont -> California xfer)
June 14, 2023 - At NVC

July 3, 2023 - NVC RFE

July 17, 2023 - NVC DQ

April 15, 2024 - IL

April 19, 2024 - Medical

May 23, 2024 - Interview

Congrats again!

Btw, maybe someone can help. 

My husband did an advanced medical and finished his back in Nov 16, 2023. So assuming that's valid for 6 months, his medical will expire on May 16 this year.

Or should he do a repeat medical exam? His interview is already on May 2 - almost 2 weeks.

I told him to call SLEC/Us embassy for an advice, but if anybody can give an insight, that would be great. Thank you!

PD 09/22/2022: NOA1

04/18/2023: NOA2

04/21/2023: Case was sent to NVC/CEAC account created

05/02/2023: submitted all forms and applications

05/26/2023: Documentarily Qualified

6 hours ago, Timmy Clark said:

Does anyone have any predictions on how the rest of 2024 visa process will turn out

Any prediction would be a wild guess. There is little that makes sense about the past 15 months at USEM. Figuring it out is pretty much impossible. 

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and step-daughter had their interview this morning and were approved for their IR1/IR2. Status went from ready to issued. Pre-Screen and Interview were smooth, cursory questions. 

Posted (edited)
On 5/1/2024 at 6:19 PM, WaltAimee said:

My wife and step-daughter had their interview this morning and were approved for their IR1/IR2. Status went from ready to issued. Pre-Screen and Interview were smooth, cursory questions. 

When was your DQ date?

Disregard I looked at previous stuff. Looks like yours was from july

Edited by tw8
answered own question.

On 4/19/2024 at 8:55 PM, Timmy Clark said:

Agree our DQ date is Dec 1st 2023 hope they keep moving

I was hoping with regular interview letters going out last month to cases DQ through July for CR1s that maybe we'd see my wife's IL in May. Looks like that might not happen, as it's been radio silence. She was DQ August '23. Who knows, though. USEM has been sending out ILs kind of sporadically, and there's a lot of May left. So, I guess we'll see. 

At this point, I no longer hold my breath. She could get an interview letter tomorrow, or not until December. Nothing makes any sense. Nothing at all. 

For the last three months there seemed to be some sort of pattern of NVC scheduling going out early in the month like the 7th to 10th-ish.  Excluding the mass IR1 expedite, it more or less seemed that all CR and IR, including IR5, were in sync.  It might not be unreasonable to speculate that a round of NVC interview letters might go out this coming week.  If so it will be interesting to see if they clear more than a month of backlog since last month.  It seems they cleared June and July 2023 last month.  Can they clear August and September 2023 this month???????

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

NVC just sent out a big batch of interview letters.  DQ dates in July and August 2023.  I haven't personally heard of any September DQ dates so far but not I'm not sure how far they made it.   CR-1/2, IR-1/2 and IR5 all seem in sync by DQ date..

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.

26 minutes ago, top_secret said:

NVC just sent out a big batch of interview letters.  DQ dates in July and August 2023.  I haven't personally heard of any September DQ dates so far but not I'm not sure how far they made it.   CR-1/2, IR-1/2 and IR5 all seem in sync by DQ date..

Aren't IR up to mid October right now? They still seem to be ahead of CR. I thought there was a mass expedite of IR cases up to mid October at the start of April (or was it end of March...I lose track of time). 

2 minutes ago, An D said:

Aren't IR up to mid October right now? They still seem to be ahead of CR. I thought there was a mass expedite of IR cases up to mid October at the start of April (or was it end of March...I lose track of time)

I think you are right. It's possible the IR1's I saw were recent CR to IR conversions and had missed the mass expedite.  I give up on trying to predict what USEM may do next but I kind of have a feeling the mass expedites are over though.

Looking at today's interview letters it seems they didn't make it all the way to the end of August.  July was mostly covered by last month's letters so it seems that they only made about one month of progress this time which is a little disappointing.  I think in March(?), NVC interview letters went out in two batches on two consecutive days so it would not be unprecedented to hope for another round of interview letters in the next day or so. 

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, top_secret said:

I think you are right. It's possible the IR1's I saw were recent CR to IR conversions and had missed the mass expedite.  I give up on trying to predict what USEM may do next but I kind of have a feeling the mass expedites are over though.

Looking at today's interview letters it seems they didn't make it all the way to the end of August.  July was mostly covered by last month's letters so it seems that they only made about one month of progress this time which is a little disappointing.  I think in March(?), NVC interview letters went out in two batches on two consecutive days so it would not be unprecedented to hope for another round of interview letters in the next day or so. 

We’re CR1, DQ 08/24/23. No IL. No CEAC update. I’m sure we will continue waiting until at least next month, if not longer.

I predicted about 12 months, give or take, from DQ until IL, and probably not an interview until fall. I was hoping I was wrong, but that would fit the 30 month or so time frame from petition to visa, and our case seems to have been stagnated at about that pace.  

I’ve seen one post from a CR1 with DQ in early August. The rest I have seen posting that received ILs were IR5s. So, it seems like less CR1 movement and more working on the backlog of IRs, frankly. 

But as you said, who knows? 🤷🏽‍♂️

Edited by Jason and May
Grammar

• 2 weeks later...

Any updates on anyone? We got DQ on April 16 2024... And I am wondering what the heck are they doing at the embassy?? I have tried 3 times to expedite based on medical, financial burden and also I need to relocate my work. They seem to be denying everything, Either they want us to marry the illegals or something. I have thought about moving to another embassy but I doubt that'd be possible.

4 hours ago, Boneleech said:

Any updates on anyone? We got DQ on April 16 2024... And I am wondering what the heck are they doing at the embassy?? I have tried 3 times to expedite based on medical, financial burden and also I need to relocate my work. They seem to be denying everything, Either they want us to marry the illegals or something. I have thought about moving to another embassy but I doubt that'd be possible.

They have no predictability at this time.  Everything is about mass expedites and those really don't have any set pattern, just when they feel like, it seems.  MY buddy had his wife's DQ January, no updates on that yet.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.