EdwardSnowden

CR1 is DQ, current wait time for interview in Manila?

489 posts in this topic

I'm still holding on to being reunited with my husband this year. When we got into NVC stage, I had an expectation of getting the interview around september - if that happens, there should be enough time to bring my husband to the US by Christmas. 

If the mass expedite doesn't happen by then though, then it's early next year as next prospect of mass expedite would be november - hopefully not that long.

The only saving grace my and my husband have for this whole situation is at least, we have something to look forward to every Mondays 😅

PD 09/22/2022: NOA1

04/18/2023: NOA2

04/21/2023: Case was sent to NVC/CEAC account created

05/02/2023: submitted all forms and applications

05/26/2023: Documentarily Qualified

I'm still holding on to being reunited with my husband this year. When we got into NVC stage, I had an expectation of getting the interview around september - if that happens, there should be enough time to bring my husband to the US by Christmas. 

If the mass expedite doesn't happen by then though, then it's early next year as next prospect of mass expedite would be november - hopefully not that long.

The only saving grace my and my husband have for this whole situation is at least, we have something to look forward to every Mondays 😅

PD 09/22/2022: NOA1

04/18/2023: NOA2

04/21/2023: Case was sent to NVC/CEAC account created

05/02/2023: submitted all forms and applications

05/26/2023: Documentarily Qualified

3 hours ago, curtgolf said:

I've lost faith.  The problem I have with USEM is that they are not telling us what is going on.

They've had years to figure this out, the way they've been treating us is unacceptable. I feel bad for everyone who's been DQ'd and is still waiting. I don't even understand. What's the point of sitting on spousal visas until everyone gets angry? What's the point of doing it a *second* time? 

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Evan, I asked the USEM whats going on and they never answered my message.  The embassy has to know whats going on. There are appts available, so what's the problem.

Edited by curtgolf
Typo

13 hours ago, curtgolf said:

Evan, I asked the USEM whats going on and they never answered my message.  The embassy has to know whats going on. There are appts available, so what's the problem.

That's what sucks about this whole process, the whole unknown is so vast....if they give us an honest answer, we could at least have a better idea.

Yes... Our priority date was November 10th 2021, and between that point and when we actually received the visa, it was just endless uncertainty and shifting estimates. The whole process *sucks*. The uncertainty wouldn't matter so much if it was a six month period, not a two year period.

____

We both secured our exit clearances today from the CFO/Bureau of Immigration. Heading to the states next Tuesday.

@aaroncv3 I know you mentioned you've been in the Philippines for 10 months, I don't know if you know this, but you need to get an exit clearance from the bureau of immigration before you leave or they won't let you board.

6 hours ago, Evan757 said:

Yes... Our priority date was November 10th 2021, and between that point and when we actually received the visa, it was just endless uncertainty and shifting estimates. The whole process *sucks*. The uncertainty wouldn't matter so much if it was a six month period, not a two year period.

True.

We both secured our exit clearances today from the CFO/Bureau of Immigration. Heading to the states next Tuesday.

Congrats!

@aaroncv3 I know you mentioned you've been in the Philippines for 10 months, I don't know if you know this, but you need to get an exit clearance from the bureau of immigration before you leave or they won't let you board.

I was not aware of this.  Thank you so much.  I was thinking the might be an exit tax, but not until after 1 year.  I think my wife will have an emigration tax, though.  Man.  I can hardly wait for this circus to be over.

3 hours ago, aaroncv3 said:

I think my wife will have an emigration tax

No emigration tax.  Just the usual travel tax, same as what Filipino tourists pay.  Check that it's not already included in the ticket price.  Look for any line item that equals 1,620 pesos or USD equivalent.

5 minutes ago, Chancy said:

No emigration tax.  Just the usual travel tax, same as what Filipino tourists pay.  Check that it's not already included in the ticket price.  Look for any line item that equals 1,620 pesos or USD equivalent.

What about the terminal fee? My wife is flying Eva from Clark on August 23 and Eva can't confirm if the terminal fee is on the ticket already...so we're preparing for her to bring enough to pay it at the airport, but still would be nice to know. 

28 minutes ago, An D said:

What about the terminal fee? My wife is flying Eva from Clark on August 23 and Eva can't confirm if the terminal fee is on the ticket already...so we're preparing for her to bring enough to pay it at the airport, but still would be nice to know. 

It should be in the detail of the ticket which you can get online.  However, yes, bring the cash just in case.  Most airlines flying from NAIA have it included in the ticket, but Clark flights have been slower to adopt.

Edit:  If you booked after June 22 it should be in the ticket.  We flew domestic in late June and it must have been included because there was no booth to collect it.

https://clarkinternationalairport.com/passenger-service-charge-integration/

https://clarkinternationalairport.com/passenger-service-charge-integration/

Edited by seekingthetruth

Spouse

Nov. 29th, 2020: I-130 submitted online, NOA 1 Nov. 30th, 2020

Feb. 19th, 2021: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Feb. 19th, 2021: I-130 Approved 😊

Feb. 25th, 2021: Welcome letter from NVC

Mar. 9th, 2021:  Received Hard Copy NOA 2 I-797 in mail

October, 2021: One Year Postponement of Move, Visa Completion On Hold

Feb. 4th, 2022: Submitted DS 260

Stepdaughter

Nov. 29th, 2020: I-130 submitted online, NOA 1 Nov. 30th, 2020

Dec. 9th, 2020: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Feb. 19th, 2021: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Feb. 19th, 2021: I-130 Approved 😊

Feb. 25th, 2021: Welcome letter from NVC

Mar. 9th, 2021:  Received Hard Copy NOA 2 I-797 in mail

October, 2021: One Year Postponement of Move, Visa Completion On Hold

Feb. 4th, 2022: Submitted DS 260

3 minutes ago, seekingthetruth said:

It should be in the detail of the ticket which you can get online.  However, yes, bring the cash just in case.  Most airlines flying from NAIA have it included in the ticket, but Clark flights have been slower to adopt.

We can see the tax line items but none seem to be it. I've seen it called passenger service charge and terminal fee both. None of the line items appear to match that by either abbreviation or amount (PSC/TF) or ~750 pesos. 

I called twice to Eva and neither could confirm it. Both representatives seemed confused. It's not that much, so it seems it's just better to show up with enough to cover it since its unclear. 

32 minutes ago, An D said:

My wife is flying Eva from Clark on August 23 and Eva can't confirm if the terminal fee is on the ticket already

Terminal fee should already be included in the ticket price -- https://clarkinternationalairport.com/terminal-fee-to-be-included-in-cost-of-air-tickets/

15 minutes ago, Chancy said:

Terminal fee should already be included in the ticket price -- https://clarkinternationalairport.com/terminal-fee-to-be-included-in-cost-of-air-tickets/

Yeah I've seen it stated by Clark both on that and another post from 2022. Unfortunately, still no way to verify it with the airline...so it's better to be safe than sorry I suppose. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.