Longview

Who're the 'gurus' of the VJ community?

46 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Forgive me if there's already a "getting to know you" topic, but I'm totally unfamiliar with this new community. Who here would consider themselves (or who do you consider to be) the community's "immigration gurus," so to speak? Lawyers, law students, or those who're bona fide from-experience battle-scarred immigration veterans?

Threads on immigration forums can get loads of responses, but whose responses do you you generally find most reliable, insightful, or valuable here at the VJ forums?

Edited by Longview

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The hive mind knows all.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Forgive me if there's already a "getting to know you" topic, but I'm totally unfamiliar with this new community. Who here would consider themselves (or who do you consider to be) the community's "immigration gurus," so to speak? Lawyers, law students, or those who're bona fide from-experience battle-scarred immigration veterans?

Threads on immigration forums can get loads of responses, but whose responses do you you generally find most reliable, insightful, or valuable here at the VJ forums?

some highly experienced ones that come to my mind are yodrak, diadromous mermaid, and rebeccajo. íf you are looking for specific countrywise, then stating the country could help narrow it down.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Welcome to VJ! :star: You can look at people's timelines to see who's been through what process, but there aren't any designated guru's on immigration. Follow the Guides and look through the different forums (K1, K3, etc) to see if you can find the information you are looking for. If you're still stuck, you can try posting your question as a topic and people here will try to answer as best they can.

Just keep in mind this a community of people going through Visa process and that most here started out with little or no knowledge of the process.

some highly experienced ones that come to my mind are yodrak, diadromous mermaid, and rebeccajo. íf you are looking for specific countrywise, then stating the country could help narrow it down.

and Dr_LHA.

Anyone who's gone thru K1/K3/CR1 and adjusted stauts is battle-scarred, some more than others...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Different members tend to have their "specialties".

For instance, for social security questions, I Quit is the expert, though he's not around as much anymore. For those stuck in AOS namecheck hell, I'd look to rebeccajo or lal_brandow. YuandDan is helpful all around, as is Yodrak. Sorry if I'm leaving people out, there are many very helpful posters.

if you are looking for specific countrywise, then stating the country could help narrow it down.

Nah, this is just for reference's sake. My wife and I have a very "normal" spousal AOS, I didn't need any Singapore-specific information.

Y'see, right as I was getting comfortable sharing our immigration experience with the ImmigrationPortal forums, their site went down. I only recently stumbled across this community, so I was just wanting to learn the board's dynamics. Y'all seem like a genuinely friendly place, though. How old is this board?

Welcome to VJ!

[...]

Just keep in mind this a community of people going through Visa process and that most here started out with little or no knowledge of the process.

Thanks for the welcome. And of course, definitely. That seems to be the case with most of us who can't afford to throw down $2,000 for a lawyer. ;)

Edited by Longview

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
The hive mind knows all.

Lucky is my VJ hero just because he has a well hung mind.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Diadromous mermaid is just great :thumbs: There's lots of very knowledgeable people here, it's impossible to mention them all without leaving someone out.

Filed AOS from F-1
Green Card approved on 01/04/07
Conditions removed 01/29/09

Citizenship Oath 08/23/12

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
if you are looking for specific countrywise, then stating the country could help narrow it down.

Nah, this is just for reference's sake. My wife and I have a very "normal" spousal AOS, I didn't need any Singapore-specific information.

Y'see, right as I was getting comfortable sharing our immigration experience with the ImmigrationPortal forums, their site went down. I only recently stumbled across this community, so I was just wanting to learn the board's dynamics. Y'all seem like a genuinely friendly place, though. How old is this board?

Welcome to VJ!

[...]

Thanks for the welcome. And of course, definitely. That seems to be the case with most of us who can't afford to throw down $2,000 for a lawyer. ;)

I think it's been around since at least 2003 - there's a few members that have been here that long. :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Y'all seem like a genuinely friendly place, though.

:lol:

:whistle:

i'll double that! :lol::lol::thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!